“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach

You added Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oceanfront at 16th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-0485   |
Ranked #178 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

I just got back from stayin at driftwood it was my first trip to myrtle beach and I loved it, The trip was kinda a short notice trip so when we tried to reserve a room at all the other hotels they were all booked so we tried driftwood and they were SUPER nice. They fixed us up with a great room and a AWESOME ocean view. The rooms did need a few minor touches but other than that it was a great trip i defiently look forward to another trip to myrtle beach!!!

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2005

It was our first time to the beach and my boys was so excited about going. But we just happened to get there three days before the bikers would leave and it was awful. To much nasty things going on for children and you could'nt hardly move around and no place to park and it was so loud and all they was doing was partying and drinking and smoking dope. It was awful and our room was dirty, smelling, no clean towels and my 11 yr old son found a switch blade knife under the bed in our room and it rained in our window and on top of that the air tore up. Could'nt sleep and all these women showing things they should'nt around children and my husband was right in on all the action of course he likes to drink and look at naked women and take their pictures. I would never go that time of the year again or would I want to stay in the room we stayed in. Stuff I seen and heard down there was sick. Could'nt sit outside for all the drinking and you could smell the pot they was smoking and my son has ASTHMA and people should consider other people, cause not everyone like to do the stuff that went on those 3dys and nights.EXSPECIALLY AROUND CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2004

dirty sheets, hair in the bed. Large rats outside, and smelley. Bathroom was dirty. very unfriendly front desk. will never stay there again.

Maggie Valley, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2004

I can't believe the bad reviews I have read about the Driftwood. My family has gone for the past 3 summers and have loved every minute of it. First of all after your first stay they send out coupons for a free night (so the past 2 years we have had our last night there free). The rooms are very clean (every day the friendly housekeeping crew come and clean up), the people at the desk are very accomodating. Both pools are kept very clean, and never too much chlorine (the times I have been there). The ocean front room has an awesome view and the beach is right there. It's not but a short walk away from the Pavilion and beach shops but far enough away so that its not too loud or crazy. I think its a perfect beach spot that I would recommend to anyone!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

Noisey, this was not on ht e weekend that we were there a family resort, like the bruchure said. If you want to party come here! What a shame for families like ours

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2004

We have stayed two years there once on 5th floor and once 3yd the dooms were fair the people were nice. the pool was terrible too much clhorine we will likey be back . in september love yor city and your state .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2004

I never had a vacation until I was 46 and we started going to Myrtle Beach and I had 2 daughters with me and they loved it. We started coming for the first few years at least three holidays. My younger daughter really loved the ocean and we couldn't keep her out of it. I lost her at 14 3 yrs. ago and I haven't been back. I wasn't sure I could face it without her but we were going to come back April of 2003 but I had a heart attack in February and that took care of that. I am fine now but I want to come back this year if I can afford it and face my fears of missing Danielle once and for all. My son got married in August 2003 and went to the Carolina's for their honeymoon and I ask him if he would go to the Driftwood and take some pictures of it, I thought he had forgot or didn't have time but for Christmas he told me to open one of my gifts last and when I did he had 3 pictures of the Driftwood for me , the front , the back and where the girls use to sit and watch the guys at night. I started crying and he will never know what that picture means to me so I hope financially we can come back for just a few days in April or May and get some kind of closure for my daughters death. Thank you and this is a great place to stay and I have so many good memories of your hotel.

Been to Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!