“Loved the Location and Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach

Save Saved
You added Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oceanfront at 16th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-0485   |
Ranked #167 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Brussels, Belgium
“Loved the Location and Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We headed out of the dreariness of Cleveland Ohio, January 2012, setting our destination point South for the winter!! After a 10 hour drive, we checked into another hotel, weary, hungry and sleepy and at 42 percent higher than The Driftwood Lodge... Rested, showered and morning coffee on the Beach, we walked the sunrise along the tide of The Atlantic~..so Refreshing~.. We actually stumbled upon The Driftwood Lodge, by chance, walked in, inquired, and moved and remained for 3 weeks.. The property has three building, all with full size kitchens in the newer two buildings. We wanted Oceanfront, and thats what we enjoyed! A Balcony overlooking one of the two swimming pools, Oceanfrontage and a mere few steps to the Myrtle Beach Pier, where we enjoyed sunset on the Sea, Dinner nightly... Fantastic!! and The Main Boaedwalk to our right, lunching,shopping,beautiful Beaches to walk for miles, and live music nightly to dance under the stars! We became Friends with the Property managers of The Driftwood Lodge and we will be returning when the Holidays wrap and the snow flies and the temperature drops in January~ We highly recommend The Driftwood Lodge, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Kristan M. Root

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is one of the older hotels on the strip but has been well maintained. It is very clean, no bugs and in a great location. You can walk to what is left of the Pavilion area. We stayed here for Fall Bike Week. Everyone was very nice and they are accomodating to bikers. There is place for trailer parking and we were able to park our bikes right by the office overnight. It is open 24 hours and I felt very safe leaving my bike there. It was very reasonalby priced and well worth it and I would recommend it to anyone. We did not swim in the pool but it looked very nice and clean.

Room Tip: Any room on the 2nd floor in the building where the office is located.There is large balcony with ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

As usual, I recommend you do NOT believe the pictures they have online for this business. You will have to park across the street and haul your lugguage and your children across a very busy road. There are only two parking spaces to load/unload your luggage for over 200 rooms... you do the math. There is always a rude couple who have parked there while they haul their stuff one at a time... needless to say forget it. The rooms are outdated the furniture is mismatched and outdated. It has a musty smell to the whole facility. If you want ice you will have to go to a store to get it because NONE of the two ice machines work. As for the elevator, the reviews are right... barely works... we took the stairs to the 3rd floor every time! There were no bugs thank God.. but the wiring is questionable.. my husband would not use the stove for fear of fire. Microwave is tiny.. and oh yeah.... There is a live OUTSIDE band next door. Cool for the spring breakers but not parents with small children. I wish I knew then what I know now. The owner was a nice elderly man but the prices online and quoted were not what were charged to our card. ASK TO LOOK BEFORE YOU GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! unless you have so much it doesn't matter. If it wasn't my sons birthday we would have driven the three hours home. IT wasn't untolerable but I wouldn't do it again.

Room Tip: Oceanfront you can't go wrong, loved the idea of a kitchenette but realize it is really, really...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is very outdated as everyone has said in previous reviews. I only took the elevator once when we first got there to carry my luggage. It's definietly broken down I'm surpise it doesn't get stuck. We had an oceanfront room which was nice room was pretty clean. The first morning there we went for a walk on the beach around 9 and by the time we got back about 45 minutes later, our room was already cleaned up. Unfortunately, this was the only time it was cleaned early. The rest of the time it was done late afternoon and we had to call a couple times because by 4 they still had not come. Also, one time them came in gave us clean towels, empty the trash and that was it did not make the beds or sweep. We also had an issue by the pool. There was a puddle by my aunts chair which she thought was just water. Turns out, it was some type of bleach or amonia. Her beach towel, beach cover up and beach bag were all ruined and had big bleach type spots on them. We advised the management of this they advise they will send her a refund but will have to wait and see. Other than that with the hotel you get what you pay for. The rooms are decent for just laying your head down at night. The location is great and walking distance of many places. If you're looking for something fancy with lots of ameneities, I wouldn't stay here but if you're looking for a decent hotel for a good price then I would.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband had gotten permission to park next to building from night manager d/t no spots. Staff member Richard took it upon himself to to verbal intimidating and increasingly physically threating with my husband. Getting closer n closer trying to intimidate him. We had to go to another location to speak with the owner Mr Chapman, we r currently waiting on a response . So no I do not recommend this location. The maids also did not come until we called office n asked but they did do a good job when they came.

• Stayed August 2012
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I hate that so many people have written bad things about this motel because it had me more worried the closer our vacation got! We took a girls' trip from Aug 3 to the 6th. We got there about an hour before check in and were able to get right in the room. It is an older motel, but the room was perfect for us. There were no bugs, and it definitely didn't smell. Everything was clean! We stayed in the oceanfront efficiency in the main building. Our kitchen/dining area was awesome. Our friends stayed down the street at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion, and while it is obviously newer with more amenities, the room was much smaller than ours. We got a great deal and a great room. Room service was on top of it as well. We had our room clean and ready to go everyday we came back from the beach with extra bath towels. I picked this motel for the price and the location, and I am overly satisfied with my experience here.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208. Oceanfront efficiency with adequate amount of room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Smells horrid, the elevator barely runs. Only good thing is the location. Comforters and rooms are very outdated. Needs major cleaning and renovation. Wouldn't stay here again. No amenities, no breakfast. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!