“Not bad for an older hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oceanfront at 16th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-0485   |
Ranked #172 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Not bad for an older hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Was staying here july 16-20 and Yes this hotel is a bit run down but overall I had a good experience. I was mainly down in Myrtle Beach for golfing and enjoyment. My room was clean and the service I had no problem with.

• Stayed July 2012

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Outdated, smells really bad, elevator does not works properly, does not have any amenities, no service, kitchen is old and nasty, tv's is a 27" and this is a Jr suite, linen is worn out, with stains all over, entrance door is plastic, not safe.

• Stayed July 2012
Statesville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Arrived to check in and was told that my reservation had been cancelled and my credit card credited but was charged for a late reservation cancel and charged $15.00. I had not cancelled my reservation and in fact had checked back to confirm. They did not have another room with the amenities I had reserved. I will not be reserving with them in the future. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

we were to arrive to a ocean front room that was reserved for us july 5 we arrived the man at the front desk tried to put us into a cheaper room after we already paid for a ocean front room and acted like that is what the computer done and said the computer switches things daily we got the ocean front room only after i mentioned the cost he didnt want to refund any money and didnt want us in the room reserved for us.? needless to say we will not stay there again dont know what was up and dont care he tried to take money wrongfuly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

One elevator ,not working . Outdated rooms, and grounds. One redeeming quality, they gave me my money back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

my sister booked a reservation in March of 2012 for a stay at this hotel driftwood at the boardwalk. so when they traveled 500 miles from PA, to SC.. they get there to find out there reservation was sold! and the manager was very ignorant to my sister and mother... this hotel sucks and has very poor sevice... not to mention they DID NOT offer anything at all to make her trip worth while... so they then had to drive from Myrtle Beach clear to Ocean City to find a room to continue their vacation......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kokomo, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I read the reviews before we booked. I must say, I usually like better odds but we were looking last minute for a budget friendly hotel so we chanced it.. I am glad we did. The location is AWESOME, 2 blocks from the boardwalk where a lot of action is and fun stuff for kids. Directly on the beach w/ 2 pools oceanfront. We had a Jr. suite which was perfect. The view is ocean view which was fine and the kitchen/liv. rm and separate bdrm was grt. They provided coffeemaker, toaster, utensils, pans, etc. We didn't use coffee maker free coffee in lobby. The price was good for the location and the staff nice, they even gave us a later check out due to our flight leaving later. The room was somewhat updated but they still have "console:" tv's, this bugs my hubby but not me. It was clean and that matters most to me. The sofa sleeper was much to be desired very broken down but my teens slept here. Only issue we had was that our room was mid building on south side, which is close the street, so TONS of noise on wkend due to the kids cruising the strip til 2am. This was just an annoyance but no fault of hotel. They do not provide hairdryers which I was glad I had called ahead and asked. Overall, great experience and we would for sure stay here again, in fact, we are ready to make this our family vacation each yr!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!