“Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Apex, North Carolina
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed there before and were happy with the hotel so we decided to come back. Got to the hotel at noon, but they let we check in with no problem. It really helped because my parents who are in 90 need a room to lay down after the trip. We had a 2 bedrooms, ocean view. The room is big, clean with full kitchen. We couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much. My parents love the hotel so much, so we plan to come back next month. Since you stayed in Horizon 77, you don't want to stay any where else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
I am so happy to hear the Horizon was a hit for your family vacation, and especially happy to know your parents enjoyed themselves. I means so much knowing we make a difference and helped contribute to great memories. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the great comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
GREENWOOD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The place was perfect for our honeymoon and got a good deal booked through hotel site would definitely go back had a ocean view room could ssee the ocean clearly the staff treated me good the room was ready when we got there would definitely go again

• Stayed September 2013
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Wow, you just made my day with such a great review. We love hearing we contributed to a great honeymoon! We appreicate you choosing The Horizon for such an important occasion. We hope you will return to celebrate you anniversaries year after year. Thank you for the great review and the opportunity of serving you.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly! We have stayed there before and last year we decided to stay at another hotel, well we came back to the horizon this year because we have found them to be the best. It has a lot of things to do and is very close to the beach, When we had to call the front desk for anything they were right there with what we needed. The housekeeping staff did a great job for us as we needed things to be done while we were out, due to my nephews health issues he can not be in the room when it needs to be cleaned. They were happy to work with us. when we needed extra towels and pans they were right there to give them to us, not like another hotel when we asked for a pan we never even got it. when we needed housekeeping the other hotel never came. This hotel is fantastic and i would recommend it to anyone i know!! I am a very happy customer and will always go back there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Staci, it made my day to read your comments. It really means a lot to have a guest return and have such a positive experience at The Horizon. I will make sure our housekeeping staff reads this great comment. It will make them happy to see their service made a difference. Thank you for being a repeat guest at Horizon and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

At check in I was wondering if this was a place we wanted to stay. Once we got to the 1 bedroom condo we were more than satisfied. Clean spacious nicely equiped rooms. The bedroom was very comfortable. Kitchen had a stove, microwave, dishwasher and a full size refrigerator with an ice maker that worked. The hotel is not water front but is water views with a very nice angled water view from the living room. On check in all amenities such as toilet tissue, hand soap, shampoo, coffee, dish soap were in the room. The next day beds were made and condo cleaned but amenities were not refreshed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I was very pleased to see you enjoyed Horizon and found the condo to be clean. Having a clean vacation spot is very important we know. It means a lot ot know our guests vacations went well and hopefully you left eager to return. Thank you for your review and your business.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here 19-22 Sept 2010 and this place was a hit, so much so that we thought a second visit would be a repeat. I thought we had found a hidden gem in Horizon 77 in 2010; however, 2013 proved to be quite different a experience. Check in employee was less than professional, the room had issues that were never addressed after I called and spoke to Jennifer to complain. Kitchen cabinets broken off the hinges, bathroom had a unpleasant odor, and no toilet paper holder in the bathroom; yeah we had to just roll it with our hands! And to top it off the room wreaked of a mildew smell. It was neat, but smelly. We had to go to WalMart and purchase a candle, but didn't help much. I will not return to this resort upon my next visit to myrtle beach. I do find that parking is ample, and the resort is pretty quiet, but this is off season.

• Stayed September 2013
I am so sorry to read your review and see there were issues in your condo. We do miss items and certainly do not want our guests to be effected badly by our errors. Please accept our apology for that and know we will address these concerns to our engineering department. We never want to have our guests leave not wanting to return. Thank you for your review and constructive comments.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My friends and I spent a girl's weekend at Horizon at 77th in one of their ocean view 2 bdrm condos. The condo was clean except the carpet was stained in several places and so was the chair in the living room. The condo was very spacious and the beds were surpisingly comfortable. Location was excellent right on the beach and near shopping and eating. The staff was helpful and friendly. The parking is onsite and while it is a tight fit for larger vehicles was very plentiful. Overall i enjoyed my stay and would come back. The one con was there was family reunion on site so the noise level on the balconies got a little loud late at night. Not necessarily the hotel's fault but it did impact our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Horizon for your ladies weekend. I am happy to see you enjoyed your time away. That special kind of time is very important, we know, and it makes all the difference to us knowing you enjoyed your time with us. We do hope you will return soon and again, thank you for your review and kind words. I will make sure your comment on the carpeting is relayed to housekeeping. Sorry for those issues.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Horizon in a 1BR/1BA condo. The condo was clean. The couch was very uncomfortable. It should be replaced. The cushions were flat, felt like you were sitting on a hard board. The only mirror in the unit was in the bathroom. Makes it hard for getting ready while someone else is showering.

There are two sets of elevators, one for east units and one for west units. Luggage carts are only located at the west elevator, if you are staying in the east units you must drag a cart all the way to the other end of building.

When we checked in a gentleman gave us a "welcome" package. (It turns out it was a pre-timeshare package.) Never had this happen before. It had brochures about the area. Next morning received a call on my cellphone from someone saying they could send us to Captain George's seafood buffet or Rioz. Was I married, etc. Placed me on hold after I told her I was single, she came back and said she didn't have any offers for me. I asked was this a timeshare offer and she finally admitted it was. I don't think you should call people on vacation about timeshare. Who wants to be bothered with that. When the gentleman in the lobby gave us the packet, he should ask these questions then and set up the timeshare meeting.

Morning of departure found a roach (?) on bathroom floor. Glad we were leaving.

We stayed here because it's a good location. Beach is not as crowded as most parts. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I was very sorry to see your experience with us was not up to standards. Horizon is not a time share building but tours are offered to those who want to accept that offer. I am sorry their phone call disrupted your vacation time but please know our guests are not obligated to take any type tour. I will definitely pass along your concerns. I do hope you will choose to allow us the privilege of serving you again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to view Horizon.

Been to Horizon at 77th? Share your experiences!