“Could be much better. Not a great value.” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 77th Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Offers & Announcements
$72 (USD)
Ranked #53 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Could be much better. Not a great value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

At check in I knew this was not going to be great because of the lack of service when it came to accommodating some basic requests to move rooms. The facility is good even though the pools are very small. The halls are dirty and have not been cleaned all week we were there. The beach is a short walk. The parking garage keeps your car out of the heat.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Hammond, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel our room was not ready. Had to leave and come back. Double charged on our credit card bill. Rude people at check in and one of the elevators were broken. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Check in time in June can be an extremely busy time and it appears you found that to be the case upon arriving at The Horizon. I apologize for the fact that your condo was not ready when you arrived. We have very devoted employees and we do work very hard on our big check in days to make our guests feel welcome. I am sorry we did not make you feel that way. We will share your comment with our staff. We always want to use our guest comments to better our resort. Thank you for your comment and happy traveling.
Blacksburg, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is not ocean front and it is not on the grand strand (actually its 60- 65 blocks away). It is away from a lot of the traffic, has ocean views from most if not all rooms, is a few blocks from some good restaurants (such as Bonefish Grill and Carrabba's Italian Grill), and about a block walk away from the ocean. Our check in was a little slow (due to a problem someone else was having) the process was smooth and the staff courteous. Our condo (two bedrooms, two baths, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, and balcony) was clean and nicely appointed. There were 3 TVs (I'm guessing 37") in the two bedrooms and living room. Each TV had DVR attached. This was our second time in this hotel and I'm sure we'll be back - good hotel, good price, good location.

Room Tip: I like being close to the east elevator. Easy to park in the underground garage and catch the elevat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We are always pleased to hear from a repeat guest. Thank you for taking the time to review Horizon on Trip Advisor. Just a note for other travelers, you can drive to the center of Myrtle Bech from Horizon in less than 10 minutes. We are ticked into a tree lined residential area not far from what they call the million dollar mile and we feel that's one of the reasons our resort is so special. You have the beauty of the neighborhood but can move into the busier areas of our town in minutes. We certainly hope to serve you again in the near future.
Lily, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Checked in here after getting a refund from Boardwalk Beach Resort. Staff was helpful and understanding. Booked a 2 bedroom for 3 nights very reasonable rates. We were very satisfied with our rooms. Pool was small but clean and was never over-crowded.It is behind Grande Shores so there is a short walk to the beach but worth it for what you get. Loved this place!!!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

1st let me say how I ended up staying at Horizon at 77th. My family and I checked into a place in south Myrtle beach called sandcastle and it was nasty and had bugs. So I called Seaside because I stayed there in the past and they didn't have any rooms but their sister property did have rooms ...... Horizon at 77th. The girls in reservations did everything they could to get us a room and even stayed after they were closed to help me. We were stuck and they helped so much. So we checked in at Horizon and met the most wonderful guy that worked the front desk at night. His name was Seth. He was fabulous! He was so helpful and made our stay great. This resort is lucky to have someone as awesome as him. When we got to our room it was great! So clean and had lots of room. I was worried about not having an ocean front room but was surprised how nice the view was. It's not right on the beach but it was great! Pools were nice and clean and it was in such a peaceful location. No loud cars zipping around and was very quite. We had to call the front desk to have a toilet unclogged once and they called back and make sure everything was taken care of. My daughter lost her blanket in the sheets housekeeping changed and everyone was trying to help find it. We hope it is found! This is a great place and we will stay here again!!

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was Very Disappointed not with the room but the view could not hear sound of the ocean and to far to walk to the beach if you are an older person and at night they have water bugs a round the lazy river and my last night there I saw a water bug up on my 5th floor was glad to leave I want be going back

White Oak, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Please let my family and I, Thank you for a really great stay,@ Horizon at 77th Its in a great
location, close to everything, beach, restaurants, shopping and amusements. Exceptionally
great value for the price. nice large comfortable rooms, very well appointed, everything worked, no need to call for anything, very clean. Cordial employees made our stay enjoyable and
unforgetable. I even received a call fom a senior staff employee, (Jenna Hillman) to see if
everything was ok, I've been to 100 different hotels and never rec'd a follow up call, to see
if everyting was up to expectations.

Richard Razewski

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Horizon at 77th? Share your experiences!