“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

1st let me say how I ended up staying at Horizon at 77th. My family and I checked into a place in south Myrtle beach called sandcastle and it was nasty and had bugs. So I called Seaside because I stayed there in the past and they didn't have any rooms but their sister property did have rooms ...... Horizon at 77th. The girls in reservations did everything they could to get us a room and even stayed after they were closed to help me. We were stuck and they helped so much. So we checked in at Horizon and met the most wonderful guy that worked the front desk at night. His name was Seth. He was fabulous! He was so helpful and made our stay great. This resort is lucky to have someone as awesome as him. When we got to our room it was great! So clean and had lots of room. I was worried about not having an ocean front room but was surprised how nice the view was. It's not right on the beach but it was great! Pools were nice and clean and it was in such a peaceful location. No loud cars zipping around and was very quite. We had to call the front desk to have a toilet unclogged once and they called back and make sure everything was taken care of. My daughter lost her blanket in the sheets housekeeping changed and everyone was trying to help find it. We hope it is found! This is a great place and we will stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was Very Disappointed not with the room but the view could not hear sound of the ocean and to far to walk to the beach if you are an older person and at night they have water bugs a round the lazy river and my last night there I saw a water bug up on my 5th floor was glad to leave I want be going back

White Oak, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Please let my family and I, Thank you for a really great stay,@ Horizon at 77th Its in a great
location, close to everything, beach, restaurants, shopping and amusements. Exceptionally
great value for the price. nice large comfortable rooms, very well appointed, everything worked, no need to call for anything, very clean. Cordial employees made our stay enjoyable and
unforgetable. I even received a call fom a senior staff employee, (Jenna Hillman) to see if
everything was ok, I've been to 100 different hotels and never rec'd a follow up call, to see
if everyting was up to expectations.

Richard Razewski

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We always stay at Horizon. We love seeing some of the same faces when checking in and the great service we receive. The condos are so specious we can really relax and have privacy. There is never a parking problem and we always see security on duty in the evenings. We recommend Horizon to everyone we know coming to Myrtle Beach and will continue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I DID NOT want to leave Horizon at 77th!!..I was fortunate to get a great rate from one of the young ladies who book reservations through the hotel..I will not give her name, as I am not sure that she would want me to. but thank you for making it possible for me to be able to stay there. I even checked availability for March, as we always come at that time..I regret that I could not reserve that far in advance. I was in unit 711..a one bedroom condo...I was a little nervous about the comments on here regarding towels and linens....The linens were fine..the towels could have been better, but really was not THAT bad!..I was told in the beginning that I would not have housekeeping services because I checked in midweek...but everyday, Housekeeping checked with me and advised that if I needed anything to call.....I really prefer that no one comes into my room while I am in a hotel. I have stayed at many quality locations in Myrtle Beach..North Beach and Royale Palms included, but Horizon will be my preference in the future!..If I had any complaints it would be that the swimming pool was only 3 1/2 feet deep...perhaps this is for safety reasons...I'm not sure, but it really was not a BIG deal!

Our unit was PERFECT!..The washer/dryer was a plus!..The pots and pans were in "like new" condition. The bed was very comfortable. There were two flat screen tvs in the unit. ...and the view was to die for!!!..Simply breathtaking! I normally am on the go shopping while in Myrtle Beach...I did not want to leave the resort because of the view!!!..This was truly one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had!

The staff were all very courteous during our stay...I loved the parking garage...so many of the places we have stayed in Myrtle have parking garages across the street, which is a pain to have lug your things from across a busy highway!..It was also spacious...you didn't have to worry about being so close to the next person and having your car banged...I do have a small car, but even so..I felt comfortable with parking spaces.

The resort is in a quiet area of Myrtle beach...We were able to ride our bikes in the area...not a lot of congestion in the area and there are also bike paths near. There is shopping right down the street....grocery store, drug store, plenty of restaurants near by, clothing store near by...Tanger outlet, Walmart and theater within a few miles...Carolina Opry near by and also has a Starbucks nearby...what more could you want!!!

Management and staff to be commended for such a great resort!

Room Tip: The higher the better!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
It's always a thrill to see we have found a new guests that can't wait to return. We understand not all guests fall in love with our resort but many do and we appreicate them a great deal. We do work very hard everyday for our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future and again, thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

1.)I booked my reservation and asked for an upgraded room at time of reservation and was given a room on the 2nd floor when i arrived, and when I asked to be moved to a higher floor, and i was made to feel like i was a bother for asking for a higher floor room when i was told loudly at the front desk that I should have asked for a higher floor room instead of an upgraded room and that there is no such thing as an upgraded room-
2.)I was told that all potential guest are informed that a higher floor room isn't guaranteed so this hotel had higher floor rooms at the time that i arrived,they just didn't want to accommodate me especially when the manager then proceeded to ask me if i were going or staying and then tells me that if i decide not to stay, she would be keeping my deposit of 149.00 dollars!!!
3.) One morning i returned to this hotel at about 4am and was stopped at the parking deck entrance and told, that there are NO MORE PARKING SPACES and i would need to find some other means to park my vehicle!!!!
4.) The housekeeping staff doesn't know the English language as I clearly had the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN hanging on my door and the cleaning lady opens the door yelling housekeeping while i am stark naked in the shower!!!!!
5.)At all times at night and early morning, I could hear people having sex from my bedroom vent!!!!
6.) There was no one to help me with my trailer which had to be parked in back of the hotel even though i was promised that there would be someone coming around the corner to assist me with getting the trailer in and out and there would be security watching the trailers-
7.) My SUV, Trailer were in 2 separate locations from each other so this creates a potential security breach as security wasn't always able to be in all places all the time, an expensive customized motorcycle was stolen from the hotel 2 doors down because of the split parking layout and the lack of adequate security coverage-
I saved up my money for almost a year to take this vacation and this is how I was treated-

I HATE HATE HATE THIS RESORT HOTEL-
Even a Courtyard Marriott I stayed in 3 years ago provided 5 star customer service in comparison to this place-

Room Tip: The best advice I could any potential guest is.............DON'T STAY HERE! YOU'VE BEEN WAR...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Noniya, it is obvious you came during the Memorial Bike Festival. Just as a note to future guests, requests for floors are taken by our reservationists as a request and unfortunately we are unable to guarantee these requests for all guests. I am sorry this was the case for your visit. When bringing bikes, trailers and an SUV to the resort it is impossible to park in one place. We do the very best we can to park all the vehicles that come along with this festival but since everyone brings a bike, trailer and car it is very difficult to guarantee there will be room for everything. Other than this huge event, The Horizon never runs out of parking. We are very fortunate in this regard. Thank you for your comments.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this property when it was new and thoroughly enjoyed it, but it seems the place is slowly going downhill. My last two stays have both been poor experiences. I stayed here last 5/16 - 5/20 and was quite disappointed in my stay. The carpet in the condo was dirty and worn, the lines are of the poorest quality and very dingy and the towels aren't even fit to wash a car with. I had a horrible problem getting my room serviced. The first day I had to call for service and the room was cleaned after 4pm. The second day the room wasn't serviced at all--I called to get towels that day and after waiting 45 minutes still no towels!! I called yet again and spoke with a manager and finally received towels. Well on the final day of my stay my room was FINALLY serviced by housekeeping and by service I mean the bed was made, towels replenished and trash emptied. There was no vacuuming--sand in the carpet from the beach, we were out of Kleenex, dish detergent and kitchen towels but these were not replenished. I will not stay here again....found a better place a little further down the road. This place needs to do some updating to the rooms, linens, towels and housekeeping staff. You can't beat the price though, but sometimes you get what you pay for!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I was really disappointed to see your last stay with us was not up to standards. I have passed your comment on to our housekeeping director and upper management. We value our guests and always want to improve our resort through all the comments we receive from them. Also, please know we have excellent managers that stand ready to respond to any guest issue duirng their stay so we can take corrective action immeidately so the stay can be the best possible.
I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your comment.

Been to Horizon at 77th? Share your experiences!