“Very nice place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Wind On The Ocean

We can't find prices for this hotel
South Wind On The Ocean
You added South Wind On The Ocean to your Saves list
5310 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #59 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Siler City
“Very nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We rented a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo...unit 1404. The place was great! It was nicely decorated, which is always nice. The condo was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. My only complaints was that there was no wireless internet and that the "indoor" pool was only covered, not totally enclosed. We came in May, so we were really looking forward to have a warm place to swim. If I had know that before I made reservations, we would have chosen somewhere else to stay. Oh, and there's no place to eat...unless you want to walk next door to The Beach Colony.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Zeeland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We booked here last summer for our spring break. We wanted a condo with at least five bedrooms and a great veiw. Not the easiest to find in Myrtle Beach. After booking I checked reviews and found lots of negative. This really scared us but we thought why not hoping it was not going to be that bad. I am not sure what all the negative was for we LOVED it!!! Lets start off with the staff.....AMAZING!!! The lady who checked us in was so nice we had an issue with our credit card and we were in full panic mode (it was Saturday at 5pm banks are closed), no worries she helped us sort it all out and kept us calm along the way. Then all week we saw nothing but people polishing or mopping something. Our five bedroom five bath was beautiful!!!! Really clean and nicely decorated. Everyday we had cleaning staff come something I was not expecting. The condo building is quiet too! I had called and asked if they let in college kids rent and they told me no they keep it family friendly. Well after renting other condos and hearing this same statement I was surprised to find one that stood up to its word. I only have as few negatives that were by all means not deal breakers. One, our kitchen had lots of dishes not as much to cook with. Two the pools were cold but after being in the ocean they felt warm:) All in all we had a great time and would highly recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Constantine, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place!! lots of room, pretty conservative crowd and a great atmosphere. Will say though that in the 20teens, you have to have a facility with wifi!! And the one hot tub was freezing. Besides that, excellent stay and I have full intentions of returning next year...

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

My family and I come to Myrtle beach every year and we like to try different hotels every year to see new things. This year we stayed here at South Wind and we got a 4 br, 4 bath condo. It was unit 803. I would highly recommend this unit. It was very spacious and clean with all kitchen supplies that you would need. The hotel overall was nice and location was in good spot where it wasn't overly busy and crowded. Staff was polite and friendly. The only thing I would recommend this hotel do is get wi-fi. We are considering returning to this hotel again next year though. It was very nice and do recommend to all.

• Stayed April 2012
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This was our 3rd time staying here. We love everything about the condo. We stayed in the penthouse and it was wonderful. The staff is always very friendly. The only thing I would recommend is the resort put ice machines on every floor. That would help a lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Our 3br, 3ba condo was beautiful. We stayed in until 1002 I would highly reccomend this unit. My only complaints are that one of the bed spreads in the front room had brown stains on the underside. It had looked liked someone spilt something on it and instead of replacing it or dry cleaning it the staff just flipped it over so that it is less noticeable. Also, on the day of check out we were 30 minutes past the 11am check out time. We got a very rude phone call from a lady at the front desk. She was still rude even after I had explained to her that I had been calling all weekend inquirying about a late check out. Other than that our stay was great.

Room Tip: Unit 1002 Rooms on the beach
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Each rental is individually owned as a second home for the owners. Not all units are rented as the owners live in them as their primary homes.The owners who do rent have the choice of how the units are maintained and cleaned. Our unit was on the 11th floor it had 3 bds and 3 baths it was clean and had newer furniture and mattress in master bedroom. The owners had recently had a deep cleaning preformed. The place looked and even smelled clean.
Very quiet building no chaos or loud late night partying as in local resorts. That is not to say we didnt have small parties, just not late into the night. Plenty of pool and a nice lazy river. We had a few good pool days even into late January.
So many places to golf at and plenty of restaurants. I have never written a review on trip advisor before but thought I would after reading the review mentioning bugs. We never saw a single bug here. Be sure to ask your rental agent if the unit is updated and clean to the luxury standard they bill you for. I will definately stay in this unit again.

Room Tip: all untis are ocean front!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Wind On The Ocean? Share your experiences!