“2nd visit” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #11 of 33 Attractions in Myrtle Beach
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Billed as the world's largest underwater tunnel with gliding sidewalks.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Seymour, Indiana
“2nd visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my second visit here, but my husband's first. It is a great place to spend a few hours and have some fun. Family friendly. Beware of the stingrays...they splash you! Would visit again.

Jackson, Michigan, United States
6 attraction reviews
“A Very Nice, Slightly Small, Aquarium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I went to Myrtle Beach for our 4 year anniversary. I have been to Myrtle Beach numerous times, but the last time was probably 18 years ago.

The Ripley's Aquarium was one of the things that we had on our list of attractions to see when we first started looking into things to check out.

We ended up going on a day when it was slightly cloudy out, which was perfect for doing something inside. The aquarium didn't let us down, though.

The exhibits were well laid out, easy to get to, and fun to look at. I felt that all of the exhibits were very clean and well maintained, and the variety of animals and plants in the aquarium was well varied.

Exhibits ranged from a South American pond, complete with some very large piranhas, to a fairly large walk though tube that is typical of modern aquariums which allows you to go right into the world of the sea creatures. One nice thing about the tube was that there was actually a moving walkway that would allow you to slowly cruise through the exhibit. I chose to walk, because it was easier to get pictures, but for someone that had a mobility condition this would be a really welcome feature.

The staff was very courteous and easy to find, the cafe was exceptionally nice for an exhibit like this, and the gift shop was also pretty nice. My wife and I had lunch at the cafe, and the food was good, fairly priced, and quickly served.

Overall, I really enjoyed the aquarium.

The ONLY downside might be the size of the entire thing. If you've been to other large aquariums, you may be slightly disappointed with the size of Ripley's, however, I feel that it still packed a lot of fun things to see despite it's size.

Warren, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
“Great place to take even your 'big' kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our hotel offered a discounted price on tickets. The tanks are well kept and the Horseshoe crab and Stingray exhibits were fun as we got to pet the animals

Hillsdale, Michigan, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Aquatic animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was awesome! We could not believe all the creatures of the sea! We took soo many pictures! I love the animals all around us! We missed seeing the mermaids :(

4 attraction reviews
“Simply excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I know we were on the off season, and so it was not crowded. But the people took the time to ask questions, make comments, inform, etc. Really friendly.

The exhibit itself is outstanding. The walk through tunnel under the shark tank is well worth the admission. There's a moving sidewalk that lets you keep facing the tank at all times while you move through.
Plenty for the kids (although we did not bring them on the trip). And the gift shop actually had REASONABLE prices.
Unless you don't like fish, what's not to like?