“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand Dunes Boulevard and Highway 17 BYPASS
Lexington, Kentucky
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food and service was top notch and it was easy getting a reservation. I recommend the seafood trio and the bread pudding.

Visited July 2014
Darryl H, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We're all about tasty food and great service, so it's great to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! Thanks for the recommendations. We hope to see you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Cheers,

Augusta, GA
“Glad we went”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've always wanted to go to a Ruth's Chris and my wife & I finally visited the one in Myrtle Beach while on vacation this week. The restaurant had a lovely ambiance and the service was outstanding. We'd heard that the prices were very high but didn't find that to be the case--our local Marriott charges about the same amount for their steaks. The pricing is a la carte but that didn't offend us either, since it allowed us to choose our sides--and the portions are more than generous. Our tab, Including 4 glasses of wine, shared appetizer, 2 main courses with a side each, tax and service,was $200. For fine dining that is on the lower end of the price spectrum, and Ruth's Chris is certainly fine dining. My filet was perfectly done and my wife's ravioli stuffed with osso bucco was exceptional.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Darryl H, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We're glad you had a chance to join us for dinner, too! It's incredibly gratifying to hear that you and your wife were so impressed -- you made some excellent choices. We can't wait to welcome you back to Ruth's Chris, be it in Myrtle Beach or a little closer to home in Columbia. Thanks again for taking the time to leave such a glowing review.

Regards,
New York City, New York
“My Go-To Restaurant Missed A Beat This night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

You can always count on consistency at Ruth' Chris but on this night they really missed the mark. One of the lamb chops we ordered was uncooked--darn near raw. My NY strip steak came and was oddly shaped. Not sure it was a strip steak. The manager did buy us a dessert on the house which was a nice gesture but serving a raw lamb chop in a high end restaurant like this is a major error. Shame on staff and cook. Other orders were fine. I was surprised given my life long loyalty to this chain. Momma Ruth would not have been happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Darryl H, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback. I sincerely apologize that your recent dining experience was not up to our normal standards of food, service and gracious hospitality. I am particularly disappointed that we failed to live up to your past Ruth's Chris dining experiences. Please rest assured that I take your comments very seriously, and know that I will use this opportunity to review our standards with our team so we can avoid any such issues in the future.

As we always strive for perfection (and it is clear from your description of the Lamb Chops and NY Strip that we fell short during your most recent visit), I would love the opportunity to discuss your dining experience with you personally. If you are so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me directly, darrylh@ruthschris.net. or 843.839.9500. I know that our team is more than capable of delivering a five star experience, and I sincerely hope we can restore your life long loyalty to our brand.

Thanks for reaching out, and I look forward to continuing this conversation.

Best regards,
Neuburg, Germany
“Good Ruth Chris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ruth Chris at the grand strand is a good choice for a great steak. The service was a little laid back, even the restaurant was not very booked the night I dine.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Darryl H, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Stefan. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed a "great steak" and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you're in Myrtle Beach!

Cheers,
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“God Bless Ruth Furtell-Great Myrtle Beach Steakhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have patronized most, if not all of the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse restaurants in our home state of Virginia. This one exceeded our expectations.

The service was one of excellence and teamwork and the food is as fantastic (this Ruth's is a franchise) as our favorite Corporate restaurant in Crystal City in Arlington, VA.

They offered a 12 oz. Filet and it was, as expected, the best! Their prices are in line with a beach/marina restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised that many items were less that what we were used to.

This Ruth's would be a testament to the kind of food and service that the founder, Ruth Furtell, would be proud of if she were alive today. We can't say enough about these restaurants, they are the best steakhouse restaurants around.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Darryl H, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Joe, your words absolutely touched us! Thank you for sharing your compliments -- your description of your meal and your discussion of Ruth's legacy is more than we could have ever asked for. Looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable meal, but until then, thank you once again!

Warm regards,