“Great seafood, not overly crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 761 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Café, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe! We specialize in delicious and reasonably priced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customer favorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe promise to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe has been a Myrtle Beach favorite, especially to fulfill a yen for fresh oysters, since 1985. Also known for its fresh shellfish and fish and excellent service, Bimini's offers a casual, but memorable dining experience. Reggae, beach music and the like wafts through the air and accentuates the fun environment.
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Great seafood, not overly crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The food was great. We were looking for more of a "neighborhoody" type place, not necessarily one of the big tourist traps. This place was a mile or two from our rental property and fit the bill nicely.

The crab legs were great, the beer was reasonably priced, the oyster shooters were very tasty and the crab/fried green tomato apppetizer - holy cow. I believe it was a special, but if it's available on the night you go please do yourself a favor and order 1 of these apps for every 2 people in your party. I assure you, you won't be sorry.

The waitress could tell we were from out of town but that didn't phase her a bit. You could tell that there were quite a few locals at the bar, which tells me that we picked the right spot.

If you're looking for a quiet place for dinner, there are probably better options. The place wasn't loud, but this wasn't a fancy candle-lit joint either. If you're looking for a fun night to have some good food and good drinks, head to Bimini's.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte
“Shocked by great reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Food was average...seafood seemed from a box. Appetizers teriyaki shrimp and stuffed shrimp were overpriced and seemed microwaved. Tartar sauce was extraordinary and service was fabulous but probably will not return. Just wasn't that great for a $100 meal.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best hole in the wall place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is a seafood dive, but it's the best place you will find seafood. We eat here 2 or 3 times a week when we vacation here and all our friends that we recommend usually eat here twice during their vacation. I can't recommend this enough, my kids love the place too. If they did mail order I would ship to my house.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden in plain sight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have been visiting Myrtle Beach for about 30 years and had never given Bimini's a chance for dinner (or even lunch.) This year we stopped in for dinner and was extremely pleased with the place! All the food was terrific with the exception of my steamed shrimp. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty good, but the Old Bay seasoning was just sprinkled on top of them once they were put on the plate. I prefer steamed shrimp to actually be cooked IN the Old Bay seasoning. Most people would agree with me on this. My wife had a seafood kabob that she is still talking about. She loved it! My son had a dozen steamed oysters and only shared one with me! They were done just right!

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone with a penchant for a low key seafood dinner with a great beer selection.

The staff was great too!

(Season up that shrimp a little more and I am upgrading you all to 5 stars!)

“Still Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We visit myrtle beach a least a couple times a year, every trip we make at least one stop at Biminis, we are never disappointed!! the key west Mahi Mahi was great, and my husband always goes for the combination platter. Get there for happy hour and the oysters are discounted. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful to suggest things to do on a rainy day at the beach. We will continue to make this one of our usual stops in myrtle