“Recommended by Family..Very Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceans One Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Oceans One Resort
102 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% OFF 7 NIGHTS OR MORE
Ranked #20 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
“Recommended by Family..Very Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for (5) nights in a two-bedroom in September 2012, and we had a wonderful time. The daily maid service was a nice break from our usual condo stays which include no service. Though the common areas were a bit cramped, the general layout and contemporary decor was appealing to our needs. Our 21 month-old son LOVED, the well-done kiddie pool and lazy river areas. The less than 5 minute drive to Broadway on the Beach was also a plus!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

700 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Oceans One at Myrtle beach, SC offers multiple (12) layouts of rooms. My husband and I stayed in September for a week in the panoramic room with floor to ceiling windows, the room was over 1000 sq feet. It was the entire 11th floor north side + ocean front and Ocean blvd front facing views. It was fashionable and truly seems like a room reserved for movie stars, which is how it will make you feel. Quality everything in the room; appliances, tub jets, leather furniture, dark stained woods, over 140 sq feet of balcony. Even the 2nd bedroom had awesome views of the ocean. So very nice that the manager Lynn Nguyen assisted my mother in law with booking the entire month of January. Lynn was so easy to talk to and really gave my mother in law all the information she needed. As soon as she walked in the room, she said she would take it. My husband and I even met with a realtor to explore buying a condo. There is no reason to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The end rooms are panoramic rooms. If you are above the 9th floor on an end unit on the north side y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Somers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just stayed with my niece and her family in a 3 bedroom suite at Ocean One and it was wonderful. The beds were luxurious, 2 balcony views of the ocean, wonderful, spacious bathrooms, washer and dryer and great living room with a large flat screen TV. The pool area was wonderful for adults and children, an outdoor pool and entrance right onto the beach. Within walking distance of great souvenir shopping, great restaurants, things to do.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Oceans One with our son and his family. Our room was comfortable and in good condition. The beds were very comfortable. I don't find the room was cleaned very well and often we did the cleaning ourselves. For the price we paid, that was a disappointment. The location is perfect for families with young children since it is close to Family Kingdom and Broadway on the Beach. I don't think there is enough supervision at the pool and lazy river. There were sometimes children who were out of control so that other children didn't use the facilities because they were uncomfortable with their behaviour. It would be a good idea to have a staff member in this area to ensure rules are followed.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor ocean front and had a great view of the ocean.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I did read many reviews from this website. Since I like Oceans One and have stayed there several times, we booked our room and give another shot. Our experience was excellent. The front desk was nice. Cleaning ladies were friendly and helpful. The property seems getting older each year. But it was still clean and nice. We didn't get any bad experience like what was mentioned by other guests. Hopefully, the management will take care of the issues discussed by other guests.

We will surely stay at Oceans One again next year!

Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Reading a lot of negative reviews since returning from Oceans One and I have to say they are bang on ! I will make this short and sweet . Pro's ....very close to everything you need on the strip, security for the parking lot at night, great view of beach , nice pools and deck area . Cons , facility is getting wore out and beat up , hallways are grubby looking and carpets are dirty , maids more concerned with giving you clean towels every morning rather than cleaning unit , hotel staff seamed to be uninterested, my favourite ...... we checked out early in the morning and were told "check your final bill, if there are any problems I can't do anything about it ". Bottom line is we paid $200 a night to stay here and we can get better service at a $100 Holiday inn express on the side of a interstate . Talked to a couple of other families while their and they all had the same consensus. Staff told us that the owner is notoriously cheap and refuses to fix anything.....I tend to agree . I hope you enjoy our $1400 because we will never be back .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh/Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We love Oceans One....always a great experience...people are super nice and the location and views are tops as I have always said in my past reviews. It's our home away from home. I did have to answer the person that wrote a few days ago about smoking on the balcony. As a person that is allergic to smoke I found Oceans One to be the best place for me to be able to sit outside on the balcony, and enjoy the breezes. If you light up, your smoke does filter down and up to other floors. On Oceans One home page right in the middle it does state it is a "Non-Smoking Facility" (copied from their webpage) We look forward to visiting again, and are thankful for a place that I can enjoy every area of the hotel. Thanks to Mr Booth and the staff for keeping the hotel smoke free and customer friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oceans One Resort? Share your experiences!