“Looking forward to our next visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceans One Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Oceans One Resort
Save Saved
You added Oceans One Resort to your Saves list
102 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #28 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“Looking forward to our next visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We are looking forward to January and February at Oceans One. We have been there for several winter vacations and have enjoyed it each time. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the apartments are kept clean and the pool area is always maintained. We have an amazing view of the beach and the mile long boardwalk. We know other people who stay there and we have never heard of any problems. They have activities planned each week that cover a variety of interests.

Room Tip: Ocean front view is incredible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Ironton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Let me start by saying this is a very nice hotel, I stayed there for my wedding on 10-11-12 along with my faimly and friends. I would give it 5 stars but after I left the hotel and was 2 hours away driving back to Ohio when we realized I forgot my wedding dress in the room. I called the hotel and told them what had happend and the guy told me he would have someone go get it and call me back. Well, 4 hours later I called him back and he told me they could send it back on Monday and he would call me the next day (Sunday) with directions on how to get it shipped back to me. After not hearing from him on Sunday I called again on Monday and when I told the woman that answered what I was calling about she said oh no one has called you yet? I told her no and she went on to tell me that they had found the dress bag but no dress. I asked her if the dress grew legs and walked out of the bag or what and she went on to ask me if I put it somewhere else? Needless to say I was irate, and they didnt seem to care one bit. So just a word of advice, this hotel has thiefs working in the place and the managment knows and does not care so make sure if your going to stay here you take stuff that you do not care to lose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for your comments. We would like to let you all know that the dress was in the bag and is being returned to the owner. It was a hanging bag and a slip dress that had fallen into the bottom of the bag. It was hanging in our office and when you unzipped the bag you could not see a dress. The desk clerk told her she had the bag but no dress. It has been corrected for the lady.
Cornwall, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first stay at Oceans One and we found it to be a beautiful, very modern resort. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only downer was the amount of smoking that goes on on the balconies. We could rarely sit on our balconies without cigarette smoke filling the air. We reported it to the registration desk on two different occasions but whether anything was done is anyone's guess. We would definetly stay at Oceans One again and hope that the smoking would go away or be better policed.

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our third year staying @ Oceans One and we have had another great stay. Very friendly staff, grounds are kept very clean, pools both in and out clean and area's kept very tidy. Looking forward to spending many more years here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to go to MB for the 1st time in late October.
Did not reserve in advance as it looked like there was lots of choice,
One place close-by looked great on paper but I could not cancel if i did not like it.

We visited it and several other places on the ocean that were close to the boardwalk area.
Each suite either seemed darker and older than we wanted, or the property looked a bit run-down, or it looked fantastic but was pricey (e.g the Hampton Inn, a few blocks south).

Oceans One had what we wanted and was willing to negotiate a fair price for a one bedroom suite facing the ocean with a balcony (actually all the suites have both) on a high floor.

The inside pool area was nice and warm, and the outside pools are heated.
Never having experienced one, I requested the Lazy River be turned on,
and it was very quickly. Parking is directly across the street, and maid service was
prompt and efficient. The building had a clean feel to it.

Unlike some others, Breakfast is not included, but with a $3.29 breakfast at Friendly's a couple blocks away, many other restaurants nearby and a full kitchen in the suite, that was no loss.

We came to learn that this town really slows down after the summer season.
Late October is an especially quiet time as the Snowbirds don't start arriving till November.
Oceans One certainly got much busier on November 1.

Great view, Clean, Newer/Modern, a very good place to stay.

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been staying at Oceans One for the last couple years in unit 1402. The view of the ocean from the unit is unbelievable while the view from the second bedroom looks down the strip which is fully lit up like Vegas at night. Ask for this unit.....

Room Tip: Unit 1402 is the nicest room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Winter's fast approaching in Vermont and our winter in Myrtle Beach is upon us. We have spent the past four winters at Oceans One Resort, and do not even think of spending the winter elsewhere. Winter visitors to Ocean's One Resort are us Snow Birds.The summer crowds are gone, and Ray and his crew do whatever it takes. It's a good place.The Resort is new, we first came as it was finished. We have a large kitchen with more counter space and cabinets than at home. A comfortable living room with an ocean balcony, a large bedroom, also with a balcony right on the beach. A washer and dryer, and a bathroom for each bedroom. The extra sleeping space? Who knows, we might get lucky and the kids--really the grand kids-- may decide to come visit when school's out. We fall asleep listening to the waves breaking on the beach. It's 50 degrees warmer here, think about it.
There's plenty to do. Theater, short courses (once or twice a week, 4 - 8 weeks) at the University, beach and boardwalk walking, sitting in the sun, or visiting one of the 1200 or so restaurants that are offering deal after deal. We do it all, but start our day in the WARM, (not almost warm enough) indoor pool, with our morning pool pals. We're regulars, yearly!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Oceans One Resort? Share your experiences!