“Great location - A Little Odd and Annoying” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Suites at The Market Common

Save Saved
You added The Suites at The Market Common to your Saves list
The Suites at The Market Common
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1232 Farrow Parkway, Suite B, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly The Suites at The Market Common by ResortQuest)   |
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great location - A Little Odd and Annoying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The location is great; you're in the middle of a planned community with movies, restaurants, stores and a supermarket. In the heat, the lack of a pool is a problem, but you can get to the beach quickly. The units have no housekeeping and the notice they give you tells you to wash the towels and they actually ask you to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on before you leave!
You would think that they would supply you with at least a small amount of dishwasher liquid or some laundry detergent but NO! We stayed for several nites and had to wash the towels a few times and go out and get detergent. Again, for a visit of several nites, there was one nite's shampoo, conditioner and soap and no way to get more. The unit itself was clean and had a full kitchen; there was a large TV in the LR, a really small TV in the bedroom and a medium TV in a little alcove that was in the 1 bedroom unit. The AC was great in the kitchen/LR but very weak in the bedroom. The last hassle was the check out time of 10 AM sharp - I have never been in a place with that early a check-out time. I would visit Market Common again but I'm not sure I would stay there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our first stay and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. Its about a mile from the beach which was a selling point for us. We were able to be a part of the crowds and the other acitivites of the Beach and then escape it when it was time to settle for the evening. The restuarants nearby were very good. The condo itself was very clean and modern. They supply a set of towels but there is no maid service. Which I was OK with, not of fan of housekeeping in and out of my room all week. I didnt think there would be a problem with not having a pool but with the heat during our stay the kids could have really used one. Maybe they can consider putting in one. All in all we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: (there is no pool and didnt see a gym) We stayed in a corner room whcih was nice because the living...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at the suites at the market common from July 18th-22nd. It is exactly what they have pictured. The condo is spacious and has everything you would need inluding: washer and dryer, pots and pans, cooking utensils, silverware, plates, etc. It's an ideal location, literally minutes from the beach. For the amount we paid there, to get something off the beach, as we have in the past would literally be the comparable of a motel at best. It's in an open market shopping district. It rained one night and we were literally right across from a movie theater and great restraunts which proved to be ever so convenient as we have 2 children. As far as service, the front desk was very helpful when called and at check in. There isn't daily cleaning, prepare to clean after yourself for your stay. They are under different management, and do not provide a welcome package or free passes to the national park beach. It is worth the charge to go to the national park beach for beach access, it's much cleaner and less crowded. Overall the suites at market common was an incredible value and extremely convenient. We will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I'm borderline OCD, and when I stay away from home, even for a day, it HAS to be in a clean environment. I read the reviews quite extensively on each website trying to choose whether to stay here or not. It was clear that the only real issues where nitpicking ones, but my biggie, the cleanliness was rated well.
From the time I got here, my eyes popped! The location is splendid! Anything u need is right in this area! Grocery, food, shopping, entertainment are all here. I will admit the shops reminded me a little of the strip in Miami, a little pricey.
The living area is very modern and CLEAN! I rated cleanliness a 4 bc I did did find a hair on one of the towels, but I always take my own towels anyway! The couch's pull out bed was comfortable, so my mom says! The kitchen had everything u could possibly need.
I highly recommend this! If we ever go back, I will most def stay here!!

• Stayed July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Pros: restaurants, shopping, theater, and walking trails right outside your door step. Very quiet area away from the beach. Upscale, and clean. Huge patio but no smoking even on patio.

Cons: quite far from the beach about 7 minutes driving. Very inconvenient parking and entrance. Parking is way behind the apartments. Then u have to walk around the building go thru a security door thru the lobby up the elevators then reach your apartment. Quit inconvenient. Also no pool.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have the huge patio.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The customer service at this hotel is absolutely horrible. The location is great and the suites are nice for adults traveling together or families. The shopping and restaurants are great and directly downstairs which is wonderful.

We checked in on a Thurs. night at 9 pm after a 7 hour roadtrip. We were given a code to unlock the suite door and drove over to the room. Once we opened the door, we were shocked to find luggage and personal stuff already in the room. The staff has no attention to detail and, as a result, sent us into a room that was already occupied. We had to wait another 30 minutes for our new room assignment. The new room was vacant, but there was old food in the fridge. When we complained in the morning about our horrible experience, the manager simply said "I'm sorry to hear that." They are obviously too busy booking rooms to actually take care of customers. If you book at The Suites just hope that you don't need assistance from the staff and that they don't send someone else into your room while you're out enjoying dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have stayed here several times in the past....usually twice a year....fall and spring....but we won't be staying again. I have been trying to get a reservation for the last month and a half to two months. Resort quest has always been great to work with, but it seems Market Commons has dropped that contract and has a new company that doesn't seem to care about customer service. I have recommended this location to several friends but no longer. Resort quest was not allowed to book any rooms after a certain date in April....and they took my number and stated they would have the new company contact me......I am still waiting.....I was coming back from charlestown and stopped by the old resort quest office, which is now the new company. They stated they were never told to call me....but I don't know how they would know.....their office was a mess! When I asked the price for the same room we have stayed in the price had doubled...this is a shame as this nice area will probably be sold or fall into bankruptcy due to poor management choice. Sorry to see resort quest gone.....sometimes big business's decisions that make you sake your head.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Suites at The Market Common? Share your experiences!