“What can I say...good stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing

You added Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing to your Saves list
Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Commons Boulevard, Highway 17, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #102 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, GA
“What can I say...good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard several nights over the past few weeks and can say it is a good place to stay in the North Myrtle Beach area. I did not have any problems with keys cards that others have mentioned. Did not see anything in the hotel that I would consider grimy. The staff seemed friendly and helpful but I only interacted with them at checkin and out. I was happy that the maid was not knocking on the door early in the morning. I find that very annoying to get the "housekeeping" knock before 9 am. So I was glad it did not happen here. The hotel is back from the street in addition to the hotel restaurant which I did no get a chance to try there is also a California Deaming and Fudruckers right the front of hotel parking lot. Tried the CD a couple of times which was busy most of the time and the food was good. Still unsure what part of California I was dreaming about however the food was good but did not see any tofu on the menu which works for me. ;-) Anyway back to the hotel which is located on hat is also know as North Kings Hwy and provides a number of other meal options as well as gas (by that I mean the automobile variety :-) ) and other attractions. There is ample free parking in the front of the hotel if you get there before 10 pm otherwise you may have to park in the back lot. The hotel is conveniently located to many of the attractions in the area including Barefoot Landing/House of Blues/Dick's Last Resort/etc. The hotel is about 5 miles from the beach which has plenty of public parking which was 25 cents per 10 minute interval. Some public meters at the beach will accept credit cards/dollar bills but some only take coins so bring your pocket change or a roll of quarters depending on how long you plan on staying. It was easy to zonk out in the bed at the hotel after a long day at work. Did not hear any noise that made getting a good night's sleep difficult. Did not notice noise from the hall like people slamming their doors and that is a plus to me. So taking all this into account I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to a friend or going back. Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for several nights in February, and while it was adequate, that was about it. The first sign something was a little "off" was that there was a Marriott Vacation Club salesperson stationed across from the front desk, who badgered us every time we walked by. We did not stop to talk to her, because I really didn't need a plastic giveaway item and a sales pitch for timeshares. I have stayed in dozens, if not hundreds, of Marriotts over the years and have never seen anything like that. Then, the room. The room was moderately clean, but the decor was dated and the furniture and curtains were grimy. On top of this, our keys almost never worked -- we had to repeatedly go to the front desk to get them reprogrammed, and the front desk staff was not apologetic in the least. One of the worst Marriott hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

While Marriott properties are usually consistent for comfortable rooms and good service, this hotel was a disappointment. Despite my Marriott Gold status, we were not given an upgrade, Busy weekend, we were told. No problem, except that the small fridge in the room smelled horrible. The culpret was a rotten, moldy sandwich from a previous guest. A call to the front desk yielded no apology, but they did get rid of the mess. Still, no free water, breakfast, etc., nothing. The room itself was very standard with a very small bathroom. The shower pressure was weak with lukewarm water. The beds were actually hard and I woke up with a backache.

The common areas were generally clean and well-kept, but dated as others have remarked. The elevators jerked abruptly from floor to floor and, at one point, I wondered if we might get stuck. We did not try the breakfast buffet but it did appear popular.

On the positive side, the kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. This hotel was conveniently located in North Myrtle Beach, adjacent to Barefoot Landing recreational area. If you drive 3 blocks and take a right at CVS, you can drive to a family-friendly beach that is much less crowded than the grand strand (good for us, but a bit removed from the main action).

This hotel has potential, given the location and layout. Except for the mess in the fridge, the room was clean and spacious (except for the bathroom). However, it is time for a makeover and a service upgrade. Given the traffic inside and outside the hotel and the other options in the area, this should be done sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with a fridge and microwave, so ask if you want one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

If you're a Marriott hound and deciding to stay either here or at the Fairfield which is about a mile away, choose this Courttyard, its in much better shape. Located on a busy 6-lane but far enough back where noise and view are not an issue, this property opened in 1988 but is still in very good condition. Nice and roomy lobby with a separate restaurant. As in all Courtyard's, there is no free breakfast so don't be surprised in this respect. The interior decor although a tad dated, is still very aesthetically pleasing. There are plans to update the lobby area to the newer bistro concept found in most CY's today but the front desk did not have a timetable. Rooms are clean, of decent size and comfortable with flat screen TV but no fridge. Pleasant staff. There are two restaurants right in front of the property, one of which is a chain. Drive 5 minutes or more and you will have over 100 choices as this is a fairly busy beach tourist area. So overall, a very good choice for either the business or leisure traveler in the North Myrtle Beach area...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Jacksonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Got the deal that included $50 gas card, but was just credited $50 instead of gas card. Got to our room and noticed several blood stains on curtain, smudges on fridge and a wet wash cloth under the bed. My husband told the front desk and they acted like it wasn't a big deal. They asked what we wanted them to do and my husband asked for a discount on the room and they offered $20 and then offered 2 free breakfasts for the morning. The staff member wasn't very apologetic for the messy room nor was he quick to fix it. They took down the dirty curtain when we left for dinner. When we received our bill under the door, the $50 wasn't credited to our account and neither was the $20 discount. We had to go back to the front desk to get that fixed. My husband specifically requested on the website when he booked the room for them to double check that the room was clean. This was obviously overlooked. We don't plan on staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Grandkids were off from school on Monday and mom and grandma were looking for a place for a long weekend. Great AAA rate for a standard room with two queen beds. Close to everything at Barefoot Landing, outlets, shows, dinner, Route 17 by-pass, etc. Couldn't beat the location. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Maid did an excellent job on our room each day. Front desk staff was friendly, cheerful and extremely helpful. They always greeted you with a smile and a hello, even when we got back at 1:00 a.m. in the morning. We never got up on time for breakfast, but I understand it was very good. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt. It's not on the beach, but it is really close. Just go out to Rt. 17, turn left, then turn right at McDonalds and you are at the beach. We had a great time here.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, but we did not request one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Staff friendly, basic Courtyard. First room I was given had a smell, so I asked to be moved.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing? Share your experiences!