“Family Historical Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rochester, New York, Usa
“Family Historical Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A very nice place to stay in a GREAT location. The room was very nice and clean. We were on the fifth floor facing north. We have a nice view. The only thing I wish that the hotel provide breakfast that is included with the room rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Carolima
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The lobby has been updated and is great. The rooms have not been remodled and show the wear and smell like worn out hotel. Not the standard you would expect from a Marriott property. As a Platinum member you go to what you know. We wont stay here again. The rooms need a major overhaul and freshening. Look at other options.

• Stayed July 2013
Ryan H, General Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding our lobby and rooms. I completely understand your concern. Unfortunately, hotels in heavy tourist areas often experience higher than normal wear. As a family friendly hotel located in a family first destination area, we are always excited to welcome new vacationers and meet the added challenges head-on. This also means that renovations and upgrades are needed more often than at other properties. Since our last full renovation in 2008, we have upgraded to brand new pillow top beds, brand new flat screen televisions, and mini fridges in all of our rooms. The first phase of our newest renovation was completed in March of this year and we look forward to completing the 2nd and final phase in early 2014. I have absolute confidence that you will enjoy our beautiful new rooms package once it has been completed and I would like to personally invite you back to experience a refreshing stay.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I came to Myrtle Beach on vacation and after a bad experience at another hotel, we checked into the Courtyard Marriott. We should have started here all along! The service was super friendly (thanks Bethaney), the place was gorgeous, and the rooms were spotless. I melted into the bed when I laid down and it was one of the best nights of sleep I have ever had. I am a new Courtyard fan and happy client.

5 stars isn't enough for this stay. A++++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan H, Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I must agree with you that we have a super friendly staff. It’s very easy to please our customers when our associates truly enjoy the work that they do. I am excited to know that we have a new Courtyard by Marriott guest. I would strongly suggest signing up for our incredible Marriott Rewards program if you have not already as our loyalty program is one of the best in the business . We look forward to your next stay with us here in Myrtle Beach!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived a couple days ahead of our reservation & our hotel could not accommodate us. So we drove up & down ocean blvd looking for an acceptable room, which were either no vacancies or disgusting rooms! So when we travel we always look for courtyards first! Shane (Sean) was so great when we called then checked in at 5am - he was beyond helpful! The hotel was immaculate & we will stay again - thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2013
philadelphia area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Its in a great location and the lobby is beautiful. But when you enter your room, its almost depressing. Everything is dated and needs a makeover. Our bathroom was not cleaned properly (the previous occupant's soap was still there). After my kids walked across the dark blue carpet in their bare feet and then used the shower, there were multiple black hairs in the bathtub before we turned it on. We are all blond so I know the carpet wasn't vacuumed very well.
Another reviewer said how blah the walls are. The bathrooms are functional but not welcoming. You feel like you might be in an institution.
We had a suite that had a weird wall with one window but then a curtain pulled over 2/3 of the wall...but nothing was behind it. Ok, that's just the room but you'd think they'd put a picture or a big mirror there. The TV is bolted to one side of the dresser instead of the middle since there's a mirror in the middle of the dresser. But it looks like they upgraded the TVs and were too lazy to move a mirror a few feet so they just stuck the TV down. It's weird.
We had a pull-out couch but no sheets in any of the multitude of storage places. So we called down and they sent up a kit...but no comforter. Luckily, it was June and my kids didn't need one but still a little shabby. My 10-year-old came in my room before I went to sleep and told me he could not sleep on the couch, that it was terrible. And he was right. I let him squish in with his parents because it was not comfortable at all. His little brother suffered through it!
The pillow were terrible too. Just picking made you know how bad they were going to feel.
I used the gym while we were there and they had a water cooler but no water on it. They had a box of Clorox wipes that was empty. So a nice room but with little upkeep.
But the rooms are HUGE. Really. We had a suite and you could easily live with a family of 4 or 6 for a week. There's lots of storage and you can stretch out. But we paid nearly $300 a night for two beds with lumpy pillows and no comforter. And at those prices, they could afford some paint and a few mirrors!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ryan H, General Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns. I would like to sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced. I can assure you that all of our housekeeping associates are held to extremely high standards with regards to cleanliness and attention to detail. I have spoken with the associate that cleaned your room as well as the department supervisor and asked them to place a focus on carpets and bathrooms.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the overall condition of our rooms. I am happy to inform you that the 2nd phase of our full hotel renovation with a full remodel of all of our rooms is set to be completed in 2014. This includes brand new sofa beds with brand new mattresses. We are extremely excited about the anticipated completion of our renovation effort and we know that you will not only be comfortable in our new rooms but will also be able to enjoy a refreshing and upscale feel.
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I booked this room for one night in preparation for our family beach condo vacation the following day. We arrived after a long drive and were hoping for the best. We typically have a great experience with Courtyard, which is why I chose to stay here. The location is close to our condo and right in the middle of various dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was pleasant. We stayed in a king suite, which was huge and a good value. What I liked about this particular suite was the layout. There is a huge sitting area with a wet bar, counter, microwave, a refrigerator. There is a table with 4 chairs, work desk, sofabed, and a side chair. There is a television in the sitting room and in the bedroom. I loved it that the mirror/dressing area can be closed off with doors from the bathroom and bedroom. There was plenty of room for the four of us to get ready the next morning. I love the change that Courtyard has made by adding the Starbucks coffee bar and bistro. This location has a fitness center. I did not use it, so I can't comment on it. This experience was a strong two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Book the king suite! It's worth the price.
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel. When we walked in the front door, we were immediately greeted by Bethaney, who was extremely nice and helpful. She gave us a free upgrade to a balcony room for being a Rewards member and gave us some travel brochures for the area. Can't ask for a better reception than that.

I was immediately impressed by the look of the lobby and the rest of the first floor. Very classy.

Then we went to our room. It was a good size room, with comfortable beds and a nice view of Broadway at the Beach. My ONLY complaint was that the room was very blah. Beds had plain white covers. Walls were an ugly beige color and completely bare except for two cheap looking paintings. Furniture was very dated. But, honestly, it wasn't so bad that I would not stay again.

Price was very reasonable. Outdoor pool area was also very nice. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ryan H, General Manager at Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Bethaney is one of our best associates and we are proud to call her a part of the Marriott family. We are pleased to know that you were comfortable in your room and enjoyed our brand new lobby. In addition, we are very excited about our upcoming rooms renovation in 2014. We are confident that you will not only be comfortable, but be able to enjoy a contemporary and stylish atmosphere.

Been to Courtyard Myrtle Beach Broadway? Share your experiences!