I arrived at the resort at 3:54pm and left at 10:33pm on the same date. The ocean view is the second best I have ever seen however the rooms were problematic.
When we arrived in room 1118 we were greated by two dead roaches and a strong chemical odor. Two hours in the room as we walked on the carpet the green carpet started to look black. We called the front desk and the Manager was not available but his wife was covering for him. (hmmm) but she offered us another room. Room 519 was missing carpet in the living area (very stained carpet pad) but was much cleaner and did not have the chemical smell. We turned on the water to take a shower and we got rust colored water. Maintenance came to the room and suggested we run the water for two hours. Two hours later the water was still rust colored. This rust colored water also came from the kitchen faucets as well. We were then asked to inspect 315 and this room had the original carpet issue from our first room. We got a refund and could not find another resort in Myrtle Beach. We drove back to Charleston with a crying five year old in the car. I believe we would have been better off in Hotel 6. We were informed by the staff that 1118 leaked for months and may be filled with mold. The maintenance staff infomed us they did not know how maintenance was done at the Beach Club resort because most of the other rooms were time shares which are taken care of by another company and the Beach Club in not a priority of the sands. DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT. I REPEAT DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Club Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Hotel Myrtle