“Better read all the reviews first” 1 of 5 stars

Sands Beach Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   9400 Shore Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Ranked #112 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Frankfort, Ky.
“Better read all the reviews first”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My friend and I just spent a week there. After seeing photos on-line I was expecting, at least, a nice, clean, condo. What we got was a dirty, falling apart, in need of renovating, condo. There might have been pretty, and clean condos in the complex, but we didn't get one of those. Everything was dated, walls needed painting, inside closets and bathroom cabinets were awful. One hairdryer was broken, the other one kept falling off the wall, holder wasn't bolted in. Ice maker didn't work, one toilet leaked, sofas dirty looking, carpet needed cleaning, shower rod fell on my head first day. One bathtub would barely drain. Plastic chairs on balcony were dirty, table stained. Only good part was view was nice and the location for shopping and restaurants was good. The owner should be made to renovate this condo before renting it again. I wasn't going to spend my one week at the ocean tracking down the condo rental people to come check out my complaints, since I'm sure they wouldn't have anyway. We made the best of it, left it better than we found it and I decided to read carefully reviews in the future, and probably go back to Destin where I've rented some good, beautiful condos. I felt betrayed and embarassed for taking a friend into that situation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Esat Grinstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Second timer at this resort. Fantastic Ocean front views,clean well maintained rooms, great breakfast and courteous staff. Stayed in a refurbed suite which was super. Ocean Annies a mere 2-3 hundred metre walk. Live music and great burgers from the River Cafe. Live music and Dolphins swimming in the surf. What's not to like. Not the cheapest but certainly a great place to stay. Close to the Tanger Mall (5 Minutes in a car) and 5 minutes from retaurant row. I'm going back again in Sept 12 for a golf trip with 7 other guys, I know that they won't be disappointed!!!!
Golf Director Dick Baugh brilliant and so helpful. Use him for a memorable golf vacation. Book a holiday to be confident about.

Room Tip: All have ocean front views, no side shows here man!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was skeptical when i found out that we were staying here...I had read all the reviews. The timeshare condos are very nice. They are all oceanfront, quiet, clean, and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I really like the location of Sands and all the fun things to do there. I like that I never have to leave the hotel to have meals. I really love partying at Sandals and Ocean Annies.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

we stayed at sands beach club during june of 2011. although a little confusing to find, once your there its very nice. not too far from local attractions, but still secluded enough to not deal with a huge crowd of people. the small creek that runs behind the property is great for seeing blue crab, and shelling during low tide. the late evening walks on the beach were great. the staff i would say were very helpful but, we never needed them. the check in was easy, rooms cleaned daily, resteraunts and attractions close by, well maintained property. my wife and myself were so impressed with our vacation with our children and their friends that we came back to another of sands properties, the Ocean Forest Plaza in sept 2011. was even more impressed. thanks sands. we'll see you in june and sept 2012.

Room Tip: ask for an oceanfront room on the nouth side of the building. less light from the neighboring hotels...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dover, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Been staying here for awhile, we love it. The beach is not crowded, it is great for kids of all ages. When we go out to the beach we make a day of it sometimes not going back to the room until after dark. The ocean is great but we have a lot of fun in the creek catching fish and crabs.We are getting ready for the 2012 trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hubbard, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed in unit 826 in an oceanfront 2 bedroom unit. Unit had some upgrades but.....disposal had foul odor from it. Doors did not fit properly. My wife almost fell when getting out of the shower because the hand grab bar came out of the wall. The unit was very shop worn and in need of painting. The free wireless internet would not load more than 2 pages at a time without stalling. Front desk said it was because it was the building was concrete. I know better than that. Another employee said that the internet was provided free by the hotel and the timeshare owners did not want to pay for their own service. Paper products were as cheap as they come. Think scratchy, single ply and limited quantities. Front desk said that was because they were tying to keep costs low. We moved after 3 nights and paid for other accommodations. It took a lot for us to walk away from 2 consecutive prepaid weeks here. But it was one of the best things we did on this trip. We will never stay there again even if it was the last place on the beach.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sands Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!