“Great choice if you like being in the hustle and bustle of things!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SeaGlass Tower

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kokomo, Indiana, USA
“Great choice if you like being in the hustle and bustle of things!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We found this resort listed on Craigslist by the owner for the week we were planning on going. We had a very nice time, but if I could pick again, I would pick something in Surfside or Murrells Inlet as this resort is in the middle of the strip and is VERY busy! We were on the 20th (top) floor and had an excellent view. The room was tiny! I believe I read somewhere 500 or so square feet. The bed was a full, at best. The couch had a pull out bed, which we had to use because there was no extra room to put our inflatable mattress that we had brought for my daughter. The bathroom was a nice size and the jacuzzi tub and shower were nice. The kitchen came in use very nicely. Downsides.... there were 3 stack-able washer/dryer units to be shared by the entire resort! Doing laundry was literally a full days job! People would put their laundry in and then leave for the day so it wouldn't be available for anyone else. The dryers were exhausted and it would take a good 2 hours to dry a load of laundry. The pools were located adjacent to each side of the resort at the Yachtsman resorts. They were plain square pools. The inside pool was pretty small and was often crowded. The rooms didn't offer free WIFI and the cost of internet access in your room was $9.95 a day. Because we were on the top floor, housekeeping started with us first thing in the morning. There were conflicting times that this was offered. The lady at the desk told us housekeeping was from 9-3, but the sign in the elevator said 10-4. If you weren't ready for them when they came, they wouldn't come back until the next day. One day, the housekeeper came at 8:50! Being on vacation, the last thing I wanted to do was worry about getting up early to get new towels. Other reviewers had complained about parking, but we really didn't think it was bad. We had loading/unloading areas that had a 15 min max parking. Contrary to other reports, they do monitor it as my husband witnessed someone being towed. All in all, it was a nice place to stay. When we go back again, we are going to look for a completely different area as this area was just too busy for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Stayed here July 4th week. Wonderful view of the ocean and strip! Very small condo but was okay for two. Kitchen stocked well. Condo was supposedly smoke free but we are non smokers and about gagged the entire week. We complained and they attempted a remedy but it did not work. Really got my allergies in an uproar. Bathroom in bad need of caulking repair. A/C blows directly on you when trying to sleep. No amenities and pools next door dirty. No cleaning done entire week. Awsome new boardwalk!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Just returned from Seaglass Towers less than 24 hours ago and already missing it. The Condo was smaller than I am used to but it was just myself, my daughter and her 3 year old son so it was a perfect size for us. The room was beautiful and although we were on the 3rd floor with an ocean view it was still great. We were able to see the street and the ocean. The sunrise was incredible. The staff was extremely helpful. My little grandson said "I'm sad. I have to leave my new home and my new bed". We will definitely be returning again. By the way, we had the standard size unit and it was plenty of room for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Beverly, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I am a Bluegreen owner, I enjoyed my stay at Seaglass, It is a nice place to stay. Service was fine had no trouble checking in or out. Will admit that on my owner update was taken to the Carolina Grande for an owner update it is alot newer and bigger rooms but when we bought we only bought like a single, but now we have updated to a double so it will be easier with family and friends more room as we grow. It would we nice to have parking at the Seaglass but we found parking, it was easier to park at the parking garage! Noise wise you can here running water from the other rooms and people talking but was nothing we could'nt live with as I am sure they could here us also.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I were using the remaining points of our Bluegreen sample and decided on this hotel (not a resort in my opinion) after another resort on North Myrtle Beach was booked. Because we had already stayed at Carolina Grande and I stayed at Harbour Lights, I wanted a different Bluegreen resorts so we booked 5 nights at the Seaglass Tower. Our trip was cut short by a day as our nephews called to inform us of their high school graduations. I cannot say that I was saddened by our earlier departure.

The hotel does not have its own check-in parking. Seaglass Tower is situated between the two Yachtsman towers. When checking in, Seaglass Tower guest has full access to either of the Yachtsman 15 minute check-in parking lot. The staff of Seaglass Tower was cordial and helpful.

Parking in general is a problem. The Seaglass and Yachtsman towers share very limited parking space across Ocean Boulevard for all its guests. We were provided the code to the single level-parking garage. However we opted not to use it because of the distance from the hotel and for me it did not feel safe.

Upon entering our unit, I was in disbelief as the unit felt confining. The view of the ocean and surrounding areas was awesome thanks to the floor to ceiling “walls” made of glass. Even with the incredible view the unit was small.

My husband took the words out of my mouth when he confirmed by thoughts about the size. The pictures of the unit that I had seen appeared to be of a decent size unit. Rooms at the Embassy Suites were more spacious than Seaglass’ unit even with its fully equipped kitchen.

The Jacuzzi bathtub was the focus of the bathroom as it monopolized that space. There was only room for a single sink and toilet. The bedroom is small to the extent that the bed is positioned against the glass wall. It made me nervous to know that 6-7 inches separated me from the glass wall while being 7 stories in the air. To enter and exit the bed, be prepared to roll over your partner or shuffle to the foot of the bed. The bed appeared and felt like an oversized full but defiantly not queen size. The fitted sheet did not fit. Each day I was remaking the bed. I spent the first night in bed and the remaining three nights sleeping on the chaise lounger in the living area.

My husband killed a water bug (roach). The only advantages that I found to Seaglass Tower were its location (in the heart of Myrtle Beach), yards away from the ocean and pier, flat screen wall mounted televisions and awesome views through the glass wall.

For me the cons outweigh the pros and I will not revisit the Seaglass Tower nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I are Bluegreen owners, so we expected to be met with a great experience when we arrived at our trip to Myrtle Beach to stay in Seaglass Tower. All of the other Bluegreen resorts we've stayed at have been wonderful. The experience at Seaglass could not have been worse, honestly. First of all, when we arrived late at night, tired from the 12 hour drive, we found that no attendant was at the desk. We waited for over 10 minutes before the lady appeared, and she did not even apologize. She was not even friendly. NOT like Bluegreen. The room smelled musty. Although the furniture was all new and the paint and carpet were up to Bluegreen standards, it had that smell to it. There were cigarette butts on the tiny balcony. A few nights into the stay, we saw a GIANT bug which looked exactly like a cockroach. When we called to complain, the attendant said it was a "palmetto bug"....we did some research online and found that the palmetto bug is also called an "American Cockroach".. they apparently live in trees in S.C. and sometimes come into the building. I will go ahead and choose to believe that there is nothing that can be done to avoid those giant bugs from coming in, but let me tell you, I did not sleep that night. When I brought it up to the attendant the next day, she said, "Oh yeah, we call them our "state bird". Because they FLY." OMG OMG OMG.....scary scary. The pool we were allowed to use next door was dirty as well. I could see a greasy film floating on top, apparently from sunscreen, but still. You can tell when a pool is cleaned regularly and when it is not. Yuck. The beach was nice, so I will give it that. We will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Very small, no washers/ dryers in units. Laundry faciility has three stacked washer/ dryers for the entire place. Water pressure in shower nonexistant. Not the best end of the 'strip' unless you are a spring breaker. Can't even buy a news paper there. Front desk people are marginal at best - they didn't have change. I called for 2 blankets and after they directed me to look in drawers and closets they finally brought up one 1. Good thing they have use of the Yatchsman next door, since you have to go there for pools, shuffleboad, laundry, vending machines, newspapers, exercize room, etc. If they are cheeper go on and book with them. Only good thing about this is the view. Parking is across two streets and there is no free internet connection or WiFi. We're Bluegreen owners and I would not recommend it unless you want noting but a place to sleep.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to SeaGlass Tower? Share your experiences!