“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Summersville, West Virginia
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We always love staying here, it's a very nice place! The view is absolutely stunning and I love that the walls are glass, so that you can have that magnificent beach view. We love the fact that there are two elevators so that you're not stuck waiting on one for hours. The staff was very friendly and helped us find fun things to do, they gave us lots of coupons and advice on where to go. I will continue to stay here every summer!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a beach view, you won't regret it!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at SeaGlass Tower, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello JoAnna R,

Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your most recent experience. We love to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent beach view and appreciate your comments on the helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you again next summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was awesome. Went for my anniversary and stayed on the 8th floor. Our room was very clean, no dust. I had a side view which was awesome because I was able to see the strip and the beach ( pier). Check-in was quick and a breeze. Parking was across the street which sucked (because it rained) but wasn't too bad. There was a whirlpool ( Jacuzzi tub) in our bathroom that was great. Also a full kitchen. bed was VERY comfortable. Also there was a balcony. great views!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello jamaican_dyme06,

Thank you for staying with us at SeaGlass Tower and reviewing your stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the awesome views and found the accommodations very clean and comfortable. Happy Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
kokomo, in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in a ocean front room in 2010 and had an amazing stay. Love the location, lots to do within walking distance. Lots to do and places to eat within a few mile radius. Beautiful beach and located right at pier 14. The room was clean and had a fantastic view with wall to wall windows. Rooms are smaller at this resort and are all 1 bedroom with a pullout sofa, but it was plenty of room for 2 adults and a teenager.

We also recently stayed in July 2013. this time we stayed in a ocean view room. 2 adults, 1 teenager, and a 6 month old. This room is much smaller than the ocean front room. The bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub and relatively large because of it, but it has a small single sink. I wish the room was configured as a normal bathroom so that more space could be utilized elsewhere or at least a larger sink area. We were on the 10th floor and unfortunately the neighboring yachtsmen blocked a good portion of our ocean view. The road noise from the strip was quite loud at night. The room also needed some TLC, some cabinet doors loose and hanging and dated/beat up appliances and furniture. We made the room work for us, but I would only stay in an ocean front room from here on out for a family of 4.

The elevators are also difficult checking in/out. 20 floors and 2 elevators, that will hold 1 or 2 carts plus a few passengers. So lots of waiting for elevators or trekking the stairs. although sometimes there are no wait and things run quickly 50/50 split i would guess.

Parking is ok. you have 2 -15 minute unload areas to unload/load and then overnight parking is across the street in a lot or parking garage. kind of a hassle, but not many options in that location.

There was a sign in our room that stated all rooms are being remodeled/updated for appliances, paint, carpet, tile, tv's, and ect.. and it would be complete by march 2014. they were starting on the 20th floor and working their way down. I did not notice/hear any construction annoyances at all.

overall great stay and I would come back again, just not in a ocean view room. We have not stayed in city view to speak of those.

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms have minimal crowd noise from ocean blvd and amazing views Ocean view rooms you w...
Hello aaaj110798,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay in 2010 and your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you had great stays on both visits and enjoyed the location and views. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the accommodations and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your third visit to our resort.
Stoughton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the SeaGlass Towers at Myrtle Beach. Its a BlueGreen destination. We booked the vacation through Bass Pro Shops and had a great experience. The 2 hour demonstration for the "time share" was a little pushy but after we attended that meeting, it was all very worth the drive from Massachusetts to South Carolina.

We requested an ocean front room but were given an ocean view room instead. It was perfect. We were on the 17th floor and had a magnificent view of the skywheel and other MB attractions. It was VERY clean, a little outdated, but they are renovating the entire place to replace furniture and appliances. We travelled as a family of 4 with two kids ages 7 and 9. The pull out sofa was perfect for them and comfortable and the adults had a seperate bedroom with panoramic views of the beach and Ocean Drive. It was perfect waking up everyday, making a family breakfast and taking our time to get out the door. Everything is within walking/driving distance. There is a Big KMART adjacent to the tower and it is perfect for those items you dont want to travel with. There is a local grocery store called the Piggly Wiggly that we ventured to and stocked up on all the groceries for a week. It saved us a ton of money being able to make all meals in the unit. They provide all the necessary pots, pans, plates, utensils etc. They even give you detegent for free and clean laundry facilities on the main lobby floor behind the indoor pool. The bathtub was huge and more like a whirlpool and very spacious. There is no WIFI, but i have to admit... I didnt mind at all. I actually liked the kids couldnt escape to WIFI land for the trip :-)! It made it all the better. They do have computers in the lobby that you can use.

Even though we didnt buy the timeshare, this resort offered discounts to all its guests and there are alot of savings to be had. The staff was super friendly and not bothersome in the least. They were always courteous and friendly.

Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, there are alot of attractions that you do not need to drive to. There is a great arcade that we spend alot of time at that most games are .25 cents and they are all in pristine working condition. I usually dont like these sorts of things, but we had so much fun there every night.

There is always something going on at night. Concerts, magicians, jugglers, to keep the kids entertained. There are lots of bars and restaurants for people of all ages. We discovered this gem the last night on vacation. Its on the other side of SeaGlass towers called Banditos. It boast mexican flair, yummy drinks and food and the restaurant is perfect for entertainment (live bands) and a great place for kids and adults. The outdoor patios are VERY cool and the food and drinks are amazingly good. Wish we ventured here sooner. We would have gone back another night.

Myrtle Waves water park is fairly close. Its a fun-filled day if you want to venture to a waterpark and away from the beaches for a day. These passes are available in the lobby. I think it was $25 per ticket so for us it was $100 for us all to go for the day.

The best place to venture to is Broadway at the Beach. Its like Downtown Disney if you have ever been there. It hosts lots of restaurants, bars, shopping, highspeed boats for fun, Ripley's aquarium, Magic Qwest, and lots of cool other attractions too. We could have spend a whole day here. We ate at Key West Grill and it was great. My husband for the King Crab legs and they were nothing short of HUGE. You certainly get what you pay for!

I hope that you enjoyed the review and it gives you a better insight as to what to expect.

Mobile, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived at Seaglass Towers on Sat night(7/13/2013) to start our vacation. We were on the 20th floor with ocean view. You couldn't ask for a better view...the ferris wheel was right outside our window. First night the room was a little warm so Sunday on our way out I told the front desk. When returning that evening the room was still a little warm so I called the front desk and I got a portable a/c until the next day when it could be looked at by a professional. Next morning we leave out and upon arriving back that night a card was left saying they put Freon in it. That night still warm so I once again called front desk. Next day Tuesday the a/c man shows up again and after looking at it he said the unit was bad and they would have to drop the unit and replace. The front desk calls later and tells me I will have to move to another room for the rest of my stay and then he puts me on the 2nd floor. Now I go from a beautiful view to a ground level view. Making it worse the front desk really isn't concerned that for 3 nights I was in a room that stayed around 78-80 during the day The rooms are a little dated but it was worth the sacrifice for the location. I will tell you this up on the 20th floor you have no noise and on the 2nd floor you are overwhelmed with chlorine smell from the pool that's right below you(Room 202) and the loud cars running up and down the road. 99% of the time you will have to stay in a parking garage that's about a block away and walk to the resort so be advised there is no parking at the resort. You can only take an elevator up to your room and most of the time we were there someone was continuiously pressing all 20 floors and itwould 15 minutes sometimes to get an elevator to your room. the front desk is so used to this they will open the outside door so the guests can use the stairs to get to there rooms and its a lot quicker. From my first experience going to myrtle beach I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: The higher you stay the quieter it is
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were on our 13yrs anniversary trip.I was pleased with the hotel but no so much with the parking.We were told to check in and then park across the street to park.Im not use to walking across the street to park but because it was on the strip it wasn't as bad.We checked in and went to our room my husband immediately wanted to change rooms because our view(7th floor) was of the street/strip we requested a oceanfront view.They wouldn't change the room and said the oceanfront view was not requested I was a little mad but one of the desk clerks JESSICA talked with us and told us about the advantages of the strip view because of the amusement park lights.SHE WAS RIGHT.....The livingroom/kitchen area was very big and spacious,the bathroom was a nice size,but the bedroom was very small.The glass bedroom and livingroom were nice.The balcony was small 2 people tops.The room was very CLEAN and the staff was wonderful.Everyone was saying hello and asking how we were doing.There were plenty of towels and the kitchen was fully stocked..(pots,pans,glasses,plates,snacks,even salt and pepper)The indoor pool and spa was small for a 20 floor hotel but ok.I recommend this type room for a couple maybe a small child.Normally I would expect more for the price of the room but my daughter paid (*_*)got a discount with HOTELS.COM.Although this is a nice place I wouldn't pay$180/nite for the room we had.Maybe the bigger rooms are worth the money.PLEASE BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT ROOM AND WHAT KIND OF VIEW YOU WANT BEFORE PAYING!!!!!....Make sure you get what kind of room in your confirmation..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you want to be right in the boardwalk action, this hotel is in the best spot. It's along the start of the boardwalk, ocean front hotel. At night, it gets pretty loud and rowdy due to crowds. The hotel name says it, the room is full glass wall and windows, which will be perfect if your room is at the high level. Unfortunately, we were put in a 3rd level room with the glass view of the other hotel nearby. so we have the windows' blinds down always as you'll be seen from the outside. Pool is clean and warm even at nights. The hotel needs a little upgrade as there is a basement-like (damp) odor as you walk in the lobby. Overall, I think the hotel is a little bit pricey for its standard. But next time my family and I are going back to MB (if ever), I'll stay on the quieter side of hotel chains.

Room Tip: Get a room in the higher levels and facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to SeaGlass Tower? Share your experiences!