“Stinky Room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas

You added Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas to your Saves list
Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3301 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #38 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Webster
“Stinky Room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

We are owners and our home resort is at the Myrtle Beach Plantation Resort. We have stayed there in the past and loved it but this time not so much. The weather was perfect, the pools were great but our room was the worst!! When I made our reservations I had requested a room that was newer and near the pool. I made these reservations in October for our trip in June 2009. We arrived and when we checked in I asked again for a newer model and to be near the pool. We were given a room in building 10, room #1011 to be exact. This room is meant for someone with a handicap which none of us have and so should not have been given to us in the first place. The room had a terrible odor and was just not what I had expected, especially since we have stayed there in the past and have usually been very pleased.

We where tired from a long car ride from NY so my husband did not want to request another room and I'm sorry we didn't because it just wasn't what I had expected. Very disappointed and when we told that to the gentlemen that we met with at the owners meeting where they try to sell you more stuff all he said was "sorry about that", yeah, well I'm sorry too!

After staying in a room like that and being owners where we actually pay a maintenance fee every year I would have expected a cleaner room.

Not impressed with Sheraton this time around -

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cowansville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

timeshare exchange to broadway beach plantation. loved the resort the first time I stayed. on this return trip, it was even better. stayed in a one bedroom with full kitchen. plenty of room for my family of five. i have stayed in other resorts where two bedroom rooms were smaller than this one bedroom. conveniently located to all that myrtle beach has to offer. since the last stay, the resort added a child's swimming area. the childs area features a pirate ship with small slides, water cannons, etc. there are also other waterfalls and slides for the kids to enjoy. my kids loved them. the resort also has large pools to accomodate everyone on the hot summer days. lots of activities on the grounds including nine hole putt putt golf, two tennis courts, a basketball court, shuffleboard, sand volleyball court, kid playground, pool tables, arcade, etc, etc. once again, another superb vacation at this great resort. can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We just returned from SBP and I actually enjoyed it there, yes it is a short drive to the beach, but there was no problem parking. The grounds are well kept, the staff is professional, and the rooms are ok. We would most likely be returning,.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

My Wife and I went to the plantation for a quick getaway! I loved this place before, but loved it more now. I stayed in one of their "new " rooms, and was very excited to see new flat screen tvs and a great view of the new pool. The front desk staff here is the best I have ever seen. The guy who checked me in even remembered me from last year The golf pro there was very helpful booking my tee times. This has got to be the best resort in South Carolina. I recomend this place to everyone I know that goes to Myrtle Beach. I have had several friends buy time share after their experience. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Lake Crystal, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We had a great time! The Sheraton Broadway Plantation is centrally located to everything we wanted to do. The airport is less than 10 minutes away and was easy to leave and return. You will need to rent a car, to get around. When we booked this room we knew that we would not have a balcony but were told by II to ask at check-in if a balcony room was available and was given one.

The room was in an older unit but was still quite nice. Parking was plentiful; we always found a spot (and usually the same spot we left. If you are the kind of person that wants to walk out the back door and sit on the beach then you will not be happy here. The beach was about 10 minutes away and public access was plentiful, parking lots were small only holding a few cars, if you wanted an access with a port-a-pot go to the 24th street access. The only draw back is you have to pay to park $1.50 for 2 hours of parking. The beach was typical, plenty of room to lounge on a towel or beach chair to sun bathe or listen to the surf or read a book. The pool at the Sheraton Broadway Plantation was great. Indoor and out door pools, and a lazy river that was a hoot. We never found the pool crowded where you could not swim or find a chair to relax in the sun on. We always found a tube to float on and around the lazy river. The temperature was great in April we say 70’s and 80’s for temps
I was surprised to get internet in our room. We had internet access most of the time in our room. Several times the signal was low but a short walk to the lobby to use their computers or plug mine in and sit and respond to emails. I was surprised this was a free service as most places we have had to pay for this. We were on vacation so this was not a priority for us.

We arrived after the wild fires had happened and was impressed with the staff attention to any highway closing. Each morning we had a message informing us of any highway closing or delays due to heavy smoke. Only 2 days did the smoke hang in the air causing it to be cloudy but cleared up my mid day.

Broadway at the beach was a great place to shop or walk around and feed the fish and ducks. The restaurants were excellent. I did see some people walking to and from but it is a bit of a walk. These block are huge, not a normal city block (LOL)

A trip to Charleston is a must when visiting this area. Murrells inlet was a bit disappointing to us as we expected a boardwalk with shops lining the shore. What we found was the shops were across the street from the boardwalk and it was a bit buggy walking around. The USS battleship North Carolina was quite interesting and the alligator adventure was great. Our favorite alligator was Bob the gator born without a tail! On our drive back from Charleston we experienced a live gator trying to cross the highway, which was an eye opener.

Definitely take time to go thru the packet of information you are given for coupons, we made the mistake of just setting it down to look at later. The Casino Cruise we found cost money to take and in the information we found that the resort sponsored a trip. You pay a small fee to sign up but then get a free buffet and $10 to play with, much less than going on your own. We also found coupons for $ off attractions which was great. There is plenty to do and never enough time to do it all. If you don’t like golf try putt putt golf you can buy a package and play all of them.

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place to friend and family, I for one will come back again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Me and my family just returned from our trip to Myrtle beach. After seeing some of the reviews of sbp we were a little nervous about staying there. Much to our surprise we LOVED it. The staff was nice and the amenities were awesome! Me and my 5 yr old daughter loved going out and feeding the ducks. I want to go back very soon! I will be picking this as my favorite location that I have ever stayed in Myrtle beach!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Hamburg, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Just returned from a week at SBP and loved it! We traded through Interval International and had expected the smallest one-bedroom unit with no balcony. Much to our surprise, we were assigned to the one-bedroom with a balcony, in Bldg. 18 that was only a year old. Everything was brand new and the decor was even nicer than the site photos. The kitchen was very well equipped. Free internet access in the villas. Clusters of buildings surround a pond area with fountain. Gas grills are available. Next to the pools is a nice mini golf course that is free. The grounds are attractive and well maintained and the pool area was one of the nicest we've seen. There are 4 separate water areas: a main pool that is 3 ft deep and courses directly into the indoor pool; a small kiddie fountain pool next to this area; another larger pool that is 4 ft deep that connects to a small "lazy river"; and finally Splash Cove that is a children's area, with pirate ship, water slide, and about 6-8 lifeguards! Pools were crystal clear. There is a snack bar/beverage bar with alcoholic drinks available. This resort is about 1 mile from the beach, so if you are looking for ocean views, this is not the place. We loved it because it was away from the "Strip" and souvenir shops, yet was convenient to Broadway at the Beach and all roadways. It is very easy to drive around the layout of Myrtle Beach, and we even took a drive to Charleston for the day (about 2 hrs). Easy drive to Murrell's Inlet, Brookgreen Gardens, Huntington Beach State Park, and all the local shows. Of course, the golf options are endless. Would definitely return here, and would bring extended family!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas? Share your experiences!