“Nice resort but not Marriott” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas

You added Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas to your Saves list
Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3301 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #38 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stoughton, MA
“Nice resort but not Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We traded our Starwood resort in az for a week of golf in myrtle beach. Overall it was very nice. Staff was ok and facilities were nice. Room was in newly renovated section so no complaints there. One issue is the gigantic swimming pool is only 3 ft deep and no normal depth for adults. Tennis courts are nice.
Honestly nothing bad to say but being used to Marriott, there seemed to be a bit of a downgrade.
Also, wanted to mention that location is great if you don't want beachfront.

Stayed April 2013
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello and Thank You for choosing to stay with us and for completing your review. We value the comments from our guests and strive to provide relaxing, satisfying vacation experiences. We are sorry you did not find our swimming pools up to standards. Thank you for your comments regarding the rest of the resort and we hope you choose to stay with Starwood again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom unit and it was very spacious. You have to pay to get a cleaning, however there is a free towel change. Pool towels can be refreshed easily. Childrens pool is not heated, however all the other pools are heated. Enjoyed the free basketball, miniture golf, small slide for kids. The lakes surrounded by the units have geese, ducks and turtles. Walking distance to the Brodway at the Beach which has the Wonder Works and Aquaraim. Conveinent to get discount tickets in the lobby

Room Tip: Building 26 faces the pools...We liked Building 13, 14 and 15 to be close to everything without the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for choosing to stay with us during your latest trip to Myrtle Beach and for completing your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed all that we have to offer here and we feel we are in a great location in Myrtle Beach. We hope to see you here agin in the future at your home away from home where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We spent a week in mid April at this resort & had a fabulous time. For some reason we haven't had much luck with beach front resorts along the Atlantic - they all seem to be a bit worn & in need of a serious face lift. This place is not "on the beach", but only a few minutes away & it is wonderful. We found the staff to be courteous & helpful. The place is very clean inside & out, rooms are large & well decorated, the beds are comfortable, the grounds are beautifully landscaped with trees, flowers, ponds & the place is loaded with ducks, geese, turtles & other water creatures. We walked the boardwalk several days, but we found walking the resort property to be as pleasant & soul-calming. The pool area is outstanding with a half dozen different shaped & different depth pools offering something for everybody. It is located right next to the "Broadway at the Beach" complex & if you can't something there that you pleases you, you are a hopeless case. In the future, this is our #1 destination when we are anywhere near Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and Thank You for your comments regarding your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on providing our guests the best possible time while they are here. We have, as you mentioned, numerous things to do during your stay and our central location is just what you are looking for when you vacation. We certainly look forward to your next stay and if there is anything we can help you with , just give us a call. Thank You again
Lowville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The good, the room was clean, lots of room, the pond with the geese was nice.. The negative, for what I payed I received better amenities, more services I.E restaurant, bar, room service.It should at least have a little store for beer, snacks, etc because you need to travel a ways for a store. As for privacy the folks in the next room may as well been in the dinning area, I could hear everything. Then there was the moving chairs upstairs that kept me awake till one, even with ear plugs.

Room Tip: I really can not recommend a better room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and Thank You for completing your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you stayed with us but sad to hear that you expected more in the form of ammenities. Unfortunately, being a Vacation ownership property we do not have all of the extras normally found in a hotel. We do have a seasonal pool bar that provides a large variety of choices of menu items. We apologize for the noise from above and rest assured, these will be passed on to the appropriate departments. If you are looking for a full service hotel in Myrtle Beach, may I suggest our sisiter property, the Sheraton Convention Center Hotel. Thank You again for your comments.
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Broadway Plantation Hotel/ Time share in Myrtle Beach S. Carolina . The property is located
approximately half mile from the Atlantic ocean, and in close proximity of "Broadway at the Beach" a huge entertainment complex with many attractions, shops, and restaurants. You can also see several Broadway themed shows at this venue.
The Hotel property is well maintained and clean. There is security at the front gate, and a room key, or other proof of residency is required to enter the grounds. The rental units are faily new, and well stocked with all the usual items needed to have a stress free" in unit" dining experience. An added plus is a clothes washer and dryed in the unit (no treking up and down stairs to get the laundry done! There is a small walk out veranda in every unit where one can smoke if one is so inclined, The veranda is screened in to keep the little flying pests out. Our unit was the two bedroom, two bath setup. Both rooms were large, and the beds were comfortable. Check in time is virtually when you get there as there is always someone on duty. The outdoor amenities include a pool, Minature golf course paddle ball, and an area exclusively for children. There is also a small snack bar near the pool. If you are in a time share unit, and need to do grocery shopping, there is a Bi-Lo super market less than a mile from the hotel. All in all, this hotel is ideally located and has all the requisites one would expect for a Sheraton Property. I will be back here next year to enjoy another great vacation!

Room Tip: If you are a couple and want some serenity, ask not to be placed in building 26 as it is in close pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here 4/10/13-4/14/13.

We booked a 1-BR unit through our RCI membership. Although we booked it for the whole week (Sun-Sun), we were not able to arrive until Wed. evening. Check-in was very fast and easy and there was only a mention of a free breakfast with a "short" presentation. We were not interested in that and did not want to be pressured. So, we were happy when they did not persist.

Our unit was on the third floor, but there was an elevator and several luggage carts that made move in and out very easy. We were pleasantly surprised to find the unit clean and comfortable with nice furnishings. The "mini" kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, drop-in oven with stove and microhood. The sink was a small, bar-sized sink and the dishes were minimal, but adequate. The washer/dryer was the typical resort stacked unit, but, again, adequate.

The bedroom was nicely furnished and comfortable, but rather small. Since we were not staying the whole week, we did not unpack, but chose to live out of our suitcases. There was barely enough room to leave our suitcases out and still have room to walk about. We were able to fit one in the closet on the luggage stand and the other was left on the floor by the bed. The bed was queen-sized and quite comfortable. They did not use fitted sheets, which is one of my pet peeves, but we dealt with it.

The bathroom was nice, but the corner sink and counter was small with not much space for toiletries. There is a large mostly empty cabinet under the sink, though.

Off the bedroom was a large screened in balcony which overlooked one of the resorts several ponds/lagoons. We enjoyed being able to sit out there and watch the ducks, geese and other wildlife around the water.

We did not participate in any resort-sponsored activities, but we did go to the pool a couple of times. All of the water/pool facitlites were quite impressive! It was almost like a small water park or something that you might see on a cruise ship. There were a couple of outdoor "adult" pools, a toddler pool and an entire section of childrren's water play park area. One of the main pools also connected to a "lazy river" that slowly flowed around a landscaped area. There were also a couple of spa/hot tubs outside and a very large indoor, heated pool Our only complaint with all of the pools is that none of them were any deeper than 3 1/2 feet.

Adjacent to the water/pool areas were a 9-hole minature golf course, a basketball court, a beach volleyball court as well as an indoor exercise room.

Although not right on the beach, this resort was within a short drive to the beach and boardwalk areas. There are numerous beach access points with free parking outside the boardwalk area. Parking within the boardwalk area can be rather expensive (One place we parked was $5/hr!), but more convenient to the boardwalk.

Across the road from the resort is a huge eat/play/shop location called, "Broadway at the Beach". Wear your walking shoes and be prepared to cover a large area if you want to see it all.

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and we were quite impressed with both the Sheraton Broadway resort and the whole town and area around the beach itself. There is lots to do and see and this resort is a wonderful oasis to come back to after a day at the beach, shopping or playing golf. It is close enough to popular places, but quiet enough to be a retreat from the busyness. There are lots of amenities offered at the resort in addition to what is available near the beach that this is the perfect place to relax after a long day out and aroung town.

We would highly recommend the Sheraton Broadway resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank You for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to complete your review regarding your stay with us . We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and experiencing all the ammenities we have to offer. It sounds like your family had a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed the resort. We feel we are aperfect retreat after a day of fun at the beach . If you choose to stay at the resort the entire day, we have, as you mentioned , more than enough to make it a great day. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your new home away from home , where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life. Thank You
Edgewood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been going to Myrtle Beach (MB) every year for the past 18 years now, and to say that I'm over the crowded oceanfront run of the mill hotel rooms is an understatement. I've come to the realization that the better 4-5 star resorts tend to be "away" from the ocean, with a few exceptions. So for the last 2 years I've upgraded my stays to some rather upscale resorts. And I haven't missed the oceanfront one bit! This resort, in case you didn't know, is one of Sheraton's Vacation Ownership properties. You are reminded of that very quickly upon check in. Check in was swift with no complications, it was during a weekday so I didn't expect any. Time share owners usually check in on Fri/Sat. So before you could leave to go to your villa you had to get a parking pass for your car: which just happens to be at the vacation ownership desk. I'm no stranger to timeshares, I own one. so this trick is something that most of them do. force you to go pick something up at the timeshare desk so they can try to convince you to take a 2 hour tour of the property. they offered me a $80 gift card to a restaurant for dinner while I was there. I've been to enough of them in my life, and the 90 min tour they promise ALWAYS ends up being at least 2 hours. Some are hard sells, some are not. I declined. they still called me everyday at my villa to see if I changed my mind. Which is why they have a 4 rating instead of the 5 I wanted to give them. Now the villa: I stayed in villa 1716 which was a " Premium One Bedroom" unit about 950 sq ft. It was clean, very very clean. the unit has a full kitchen, dinining area, living room, bedroom, a rather large bathroom, and washer/dryer. it had a "soaking jacuzzi" tub that I never used due to the fact that the villa had a "massive" shower! huge, and I fell in love with it. Oh yeah, it has 2 flat screen TV's with HBO. Each villa has a screened in porch, and they all face a small lake with a fountain in the middle. nice view. my porch had some standing water on the floor which I wanted removed, since I planned on using the porch during my stay. I called the front desk and at first the attendant tried to dismiss it as rain or a sprinkler system issue. I told her that nothing else on the porch was wet except that part of the floor, so when she realized that I wasn't buying any of it she asked me if I wanted someone to come over to look at it. Well.... that was what she should have said when I first reported the problem. she said she would send someone over. I hung up the phone and took 2 steps and the doorbell rang. It was maintenance! I mean to tell you they were that fast! 2 guys came in and determined it needed a wet vac. they got on the radio and the next guy came just as fast! I'm not kidding. Maintenance gets very high marks. Housekeeping at this resort is a little different since it is a timeshare. depending on your package deal, housekeeping varies. my deal gave me towels and washcloths every day. trash pickup everyday. new bed linens and your bed made only on the 3rd day. that's it. I'm not a messy person so this wasn't a big deal. But I think it's important to mention here, housekeeping is not your traditional maid service. But the villa really was immaculate. I couldn't find any dirt to complain about. this resort is huge by MB standards. if your a walker or jogger then this is the place for you. there are concrete trails the intertwine the entire resort, through every building. I walked every day. Now they have ducks and geese that also live on the property. they sit and walk all over the walking paths, but I never had any problems with any of them. they seem to be used to people walking around. the resort has several pools, childrens area, and mini golf area. I didn't use any of them so I can't speak to these. you can rent movies in the main building, since my villa had a DVD player and a BOSE music system. The resort is about 5- 6 from the beach, but it's centrally located so that you can get anywhere in a few minutes. the resort is gated with a guard at the gate at all times, most times you have a gatehouse with no guard! not here. each car is checked as they enter the property. the entrance to you villa is "motel style". which means you enter it from the outside, and not from a lobby like a traditional hotel. property is well lit and I never felt unsafe entering my villa at night. I was there mid week so the property was not too crowded. but by Friday things started to change. Time share owners started coming in. now the place wasn't so quiet. I'm not complaining, I was just used to the peace and quiet. I can see this resort being very crowded during the summer season, but the is Myrtle Beach so I expect nothing less. stores, restaurants, shopping all within walking distance if you wanted to do so. Broadway at the Beach is right up the street. Beware of crossing the 4 lane highway trying to get to it by foot. All in all, I enjoyed my stay. would return again. Again, if you've never stayed at a "Vacation Ownership" resort: aka Timeshare, you may be in for a few surprises. like maid service, and this resort lacks an onsite restaurant or bar area. they do have a bar area at the pool though. oh yeah, you do get pool passes, you just can't walk into the pool area and use it without a pass. and you get a resort credit card to use on property in case you dont want to carry cash around with you. i think that's it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business