“Enjoyed Our Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas

You added Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas to your Saves list
Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3301 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #32 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The recent upgrades completed really made the stay enjoyable. Our family of 5 (3 kids ages 16-8) had plenty of space in the 2 bedroom time share. We own a week at another Starwood resort but thought we would simply get away while the kids were on Christmas break. I was hesitant going in since we knew this time of year wouldn't be that warm. We were pleasantly surprised as the weather turned out to be better than what we would have had in Dallas. The amenities offered were ample. Kids really enjoyed the basketball court, shuffle board and indoor pool. Work out room offers the bare essentials which was a bit disappointing. Bottom line...the place was a good find. Very clean and located close to just about everything you will end up doing while in Myrtle Beach. One last tip I just thought of...try and stay on the 4th floor if you want a quiet stay. We stayed on the 3rd floor and could consistently hear other above us closing doors, walking and flushing their toilet. Wasn't a big deal but sometimes noticeable especially at night.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank greendragon63
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank You for choosing to stay with us and for completing your online survey from Trip Advisor. we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for the inconvenience of the noise during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and rest assured, this has been passed on to the proper department to look into. Thank You again and we look forward to your next stay.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in deluxe one-bedroom as hotel guests, not time-share. Checkin competent. Unit very well furnished and supplied with everything you'd need including space-saver washer/dryer. Everything clean, everything worked, everything was comfortable. Fridge a little noisy but we opened the balcony door and the sound of the pond's aerator was white noise that cancelled-out the fridge. ;-) Free wi-fi, two flat screen tvs with excellent choice of channels. Easy access to Ocean Drive, Rt 17, all support services/shopping. Didn't use the pool or tennis courts or take advantage of any of the many resort activities/programs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
On behalf of the Management Team here at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, thank you for completing your online survey and for choosing to stay with us. We have plenty to offer here at the resort for all our guests . We are close to everything and we are minutes from the beach. Now that you have found your home away from home where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thank You
Conway, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve. It exceeded my expectations and was well worth the money. Brand new place and super clean. All amenities provided in unit. Nice large indoor pool(just wish the water had been a bit warmer). Lovely furnishings and comfortable beds. If you decide to stay in summer, I'd highly recommend it. Has a great water park for kids and only a block away from Broadway at the Beach. Very secure facility with a guarded entrance and whole complex has trees all around it which secludes it from surrounding businesses. Great place for a family vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello and Thank You for choosing to bring in the New Year with us. We are in a great location in the heart of Myrtle Beach and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We look forward to you and your family coming again for a family vacation. Thank You again !!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked my week for June 2012 and was a little nervous becuase they told me they had two buildings- basically a newer building and an older building. I stayed in the older building but was pleasantly surprised, it was very nice, up to date and fully furnished as I was told it was. There were things to do at the property however we did not partake in them as were doing other things off property. We did stay at the pool one day and the kids loved it. My only concern is that there is nothing to eat on property after 6pm when the pool cafe closes. Broadway at the Beach is a very easy 10 minute walk or car ride. Loved Wonder Works. Actually went back again for a night in November 2012 just to go to Wonder Works as I had some free tickets that were expiring in December so had to use them or lose them. We were the first one's in Wonder Works that day and it was great- no lines and we go to do everything without waiting at all-awesome!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna S
Thank You for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to Myrtle Beach and for completing your survey online with Trip Advisor. We currently have 19 buildings on the property and all are up to date. We just completed a major renovation in August and all the villas are really brand new. We are so glad your family had a great time in and outside the resort and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thank You
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The rooms were clean and ready for us for a very early check-in. Pleasant southern staff! Always willing to help if you had questions. Rooms are great. Indoor pool only vice was there wasn't enough lounge chairs; always had activities for young and old - great options if you didn't want to shop, eat, or see a show.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jsl31
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Myrtle Beach and for taking the time to complete the on line survey. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us. Thank You
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was somewhat wary about staying here when I read in the reviews that the property was a condo timeshare facility. The reasonable price (under $150 a night total for a huge 2/2 condo) and the fact that they did not have a 3 day minimum stay encouraged me to make the reservation the day before we arrived. We stayed 2 nights: the night before and Thanksgiving Day night in building 15, second floor in a 2/2 condo. Check-in and check-out was quick.and easy. All staff we met were friendly and efficient. Parking was very converient and elevators were easy to access. The condo was clean and well maintained. It had very high end furnishings and the bedding was wonderful. Flat screen tvs with dvd players worked great as did the wireless internet. The bathrooms were huge with additional sinks outside the main bathrooms. Water pressure was excellent but the tap water was highly chlorinated giving it a bad taste. The kitchen was well equipped. Occupancy was high the nights we were there but the complex was very quiet. We did notice that the soundproofing in the building walls was not very good. Fortunately our neighbors wre fairly quiet. The Broadway @ the Beach shopping and entertainment complex was a short 5 min. car ride away and access to all major highways in the area was easy. We didn't use any of the amenities at the complex because we were visiting with family who live in the area. I would definitely stay here again if the price is comparable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ssclulow
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for completing your review on Trip Advisor . Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing, satisfying vacation experiences. We are so glad to hear that your family enjoyed your holiday with us and we look forward to your family staying with us again in the future. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our ammenities and the villa. We hope you choose to stay here again in your home away from home, where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life. Thank You
Jacksonville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 9 month old and I visited because my husband had a military ball to attend in Myrtle Beach. We tried to get a room at the hotel he needed to be at, but they booked us at the Sheraton Broadway. We had seen pictures and it looked beautiful, and we got excited. He checked in, so I'm not sure how the staff was. We were in building 6, which has an eh view, but it was in the back and hardly anyone was back there.

We walked into our room and our jaws dropped. Full kitchen that was stocked with everything from silverware, dishwasher tablets, plates and I even found a casserole dish. It had a dining table to seat 6, a living room complete with a DVD and Blu Ray player, a nice sized bedroom that had a jacuzzi in it and a bathroom with a decent sized shower with great pressure. It had its own washer and dryer that were tiny, but that was fine, and had a vacuum in one of the closets. It felt like home! We got a packet when we checked in that listed different activities that they did (mostly for little kids, arts and crafts kind of things) and for some reason I was a bit surprised they charge guests to take part in them.

When my husband left for his ball, however, I started noticing things that worried me. I took our daughter out on the back porch to look at the pond and fountain and noticed the screen was torn in the corner. We went back in and the door handle came right out into my hand! I put it back in and tried to lock the door but the lock was stuck. I turned around and noticed a dead roach on the floor next to the bed. I gave my daughter a bath in the jacuzzi and as she was splashing around, a weird looking spider was crawling up the side of the tub (thankfully it didn't touch her and she didn't find it!) I killed it with a facecloth and took her out. As I was doing that, I found a pubic hair on the other side of the tub. I was a little shaken up and the rest of the trip worried that we'd find more spiders and bugs in our room or they'd find us while we were sleeping. No bedbugs though. I tried using the vacuum and the hose kept coming out of place and it was really old and worn. The fridge started dripping water when there was nothing in that or the freezer except for two ice packs. The bathroom wall was cracked and was falling out of place next to the shower. Check out was the earliest I had seen for a hotel, 10 am and we woke up a little late thinking it was 11, but getting out of there at 1030ish the front desk told my husband don't worry about it.

Besides the bugs, and the door not locking, the experience wasn't bad at all and being off season, the price was great and there wasn't a lot of people to deal with. It's not even a 5 minute drive to Broadway on the Beach and has someone sitting out front to check for parking tags, and as far as I know they dont charge for parking (like most other hotels I've read about down there). Not bad, might stay here when we go back to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review to let us know how your stay was. We try and provide relaxing, vacation experiences for our guests and sometimes, mistakes can occur. We are glad that you enjoyed the rooms and the decor, along with all the ammenities in the villa. Rest assured , we have passed along the concerns about the spiders and bugs in the unit. We do not charge for parking at the resort nor does Broadway at the beach. Thank you agin and we look forward to your next stay with us.