“Super Nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas to your Saves list
Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3301 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #29 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Conway, South Carolina, United States
“Super Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve. It exceeded my expectations and was well worth the money. Brand new place and super clean. All amenities provided in unit. Nice large indoor pool(just wish the water had been a bit warmer). Lovely furnishings and comfortable beds. If you decide to stay in summer, I'd highly recommend it. Has a great water park for kids and only a block away from Broadway at the Beach. Very secure facility with a guarded entrance and whole complex has trees all around it which secludes it from surrounding businesses. Great place for a family vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello and Thank You for choosing to bring in the New Year with us. We are in a great location in the heart of Myrtle Beach and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We look forward to you and your family coming again for a family vacation. Thank You again !!

415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked my week for June 2012 and was a little nervous becuase they told me they had two buildings- basically a newer building and an older building. I stayed in the older building but was pleasantly surprised, it was very nice, up to date and fully furnished as I was told it was. There were things to do at the property however we did not partake in them as were doing other things off property. We did stay at the pool one day and the kids loved it. My only concern is that there is nothing to eat on property after 6pm when the pool cafe closes. Broadway at the Beach is a very easy 10 minute walk or car ride. Loved Wonder Works. Actually went back again for a night in November 2012 just to go to Wonder Works as I had some free tickets that were expiring in December so had to use them or lose them. We were the first one's in Wonder Works that day and it was great- no lines and we go to do everything without waiting at all-awesome!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to Myrtle Beach and for completing your survey online with Trip Advisor. We currently have 19 buildings on the property and all are up to date. We just completed a major renovation in August and all the villas are really brand new. We are so glad your family had a great time in and outside the resort and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thank You
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The rooms were clean and ready for us for a very early check-in. Pleasant southern staff! Always willing to help if you had questions. Rooms are great. Indoor pool only vice was there wasn't enough lounge chairs; always had activities for young and old - great options if you didn't want to shop, eat, or see a show.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Myrtle Beach and for taking the time to complete the on line survey. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us. Thank You
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was somewhat wary about staying here when I read in the reviews that the property was a condo timeshare facility. The reasonable price (under $150 a night total for a huge 2/2 condo) and the fact that they did not have a 3 day minimum stay encouraged me to make the reservation the day before we arrived. We stayed 2 nights: the night before and Thanksgiving Day night in building 15, second floor in a 2/2 condo. Check-in and check-out was quick.and easy. All staff we met were friendly and efficient. Parking was very converient and elevators were easy to access. The condo was clean and well maintained. It had very high end furnishings and the bedding was wonderful. Flat screen tvs with dvd players worked great as did the wireless internet. The bathrooms were huge with additional sinks outside the main bathrooms. Water pressure was excellent but the tap water was highly chlorinated giving it a bad taste. The kitchen was well equipped. Occupancy was high the nights we were there but the complex was very quiet. We did notice that the soundproofing in the building walls was not very good. Fortunately our neighbors wre fairly quiet. The Broadway @ the Beach shopping and entertainment complex was a short 5 min. car ride away and access to all major highways in the area was easy. We didn't use any of the amenities at the complex because we were visiting with family who live in the area. I would definitely stay here again if the price is comparable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for completing your review on Trip Advisor . Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing, satisfying vacation experiences. We are so glad to hear that your family enjoyed your holiday with us and we look forward to your family staying with us again in the future. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our ammenities and the villa. We hope you choose to stay here again in your home away from home, where fun, smiling faces and southern hospitality are a way of life. Thank You
Jacksonville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 9 month old and I visited because my husband had a military ball to attend in Myrtle Beach. We tried to get a room at the hotel he needed to be at, but they booked us at the Sheraton Broadway. We had seen pictures and it looked beautiful, and we got excited. He checked in, so I'm not sure how the staff was. We were in building 6, which has an eh view, but it was in the back and hardly anyone was back there.

We walked into our room and our jaws dropped. Full kitchen that was stocked with everything from silverware, dishwasher tablets, plates and I even found a casserole dish. It had a dining table to seat 6, a living room complete with a DVD and Blu Ray player, a nice sized bedroom that had a jacuzzi in it and a bathroom with a decent sized shower with great pressure. It had its own washer and dryer that were tiny, but that was fine, and had a vacuum in one of the closets. It felt like home! We got a packet when we checked in that listed different activities that they did (mostly for little kids, arts and crafts kind of things) and for some reason I was a bit surprised they charge guests to take part in them.

When my husband left for his ball, however, I started noticing things that worried me. I took our daughter out on the back porch to look at the pond and fountain and noticed the screen was torn in the corner. We went back in and the door handle came right out into my hand! I put it back in and tried to lock the door but the lock was stuck. I turned around and noticed a dead roach on the floor next to the bed. I gave my daughter a bath in the jacuzzi and as she was splashing around, a weird looking spider was crawling up the side of the tub (thankfully it didn't touch her and she didn't find it!) I killed it with a facecloth and took her out. As I was doing that, I found a pubic hair on the other side of the tub. I was a little shaken up and the rest of the trip worried that we'd find more spiders and bugs in our room or they'd find us while we were sleeping. No bedbugs though. I tried using the vacuum and the hose kept coming out of place and it was really old and worn. The fridge started dripping water when there was nothing in that or the freezer except for two ice packs. The bathroom wall was cracked and was falling out of place next to the shower. Check out was the earliest I had seen for a hotel, 10 am and we woke up a little late thinking it was 11, but getting out of there at 1030ish the front desk told my husband don't worry about it.

Besides the bugs, and the door not locking, the experience wasn't bad at all and being off season, the price was great and there wasn't a lot of people to deal with. It's not even a 5 minute drive to Broadway on the Beach and has someone sitting out front to check for parking tags, and as far as I know they dont charge for parking (like most other hotels I've read about down there). Not bad, might stay here when we go back to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review to let us know how your stay was. We try and provide relaxing, vacation experiences for our guests and sometimes, mistakes can occur. We are glad that you enjoyed the rooms and the decor, along with all the ammenities in the villa. Rest assured , we have passed along the concerns about the spiders and bugs in the unit. We do not charge for parking at the resort nor does Broadway at the beach. Thank you agin and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Beautiful resort tucked away but close to everything, about a mile from the beach but only a few blocks from Broadway at the Beach.

The lazy river was wonderful. We spent hours on it, going round and round amid lush greenery. (I don't know how relaxing it would be in the middle of summer though, when all the kiddos are out in full force! There's a wonderful, separate kids' pool area, but there were a few unattended elementary school-aged boys who didn't get the memo about this area being "lazy", read: calm behavior, please! They were leaping off the walls-- despite posted rules to the contrary. But they were not too much of a nuisance once we pointed out the signs to them and told them we heard someone reporting them.LOL)

Our one-bedroom unit was well-appointed and spacious, with full kitchen and an enormous bathroom (bigger than the bedroom) with jacuzzi tub and separate walk-in shower. All fixtures were high-end.

We did not take part in most of the resort activities, as they were primarily child-oriented (we are empty-nesters) but we did do the ceramics, which I would highly recommend. My hubby is not artsy in the least but he even enjoyed designing and glazing a plate. It was a great, handmade, practical momento of a great vacation.

The only issues we had were with scents: we could not eat out on the little covered, screened-in balcony due to a neighbor who always seemed to be smoking some stinky cigar. And the lobby (and sales area) had one of those fragrance emitters with a fan that blew the way-too-strong (to the point of nausea!) scent into every corner. I imagine their front desk personnel must get some pretty bad headaches!

Don't forget to bring some stale bread to feed the ducks, geese, turtles and fish at the ponds: there are several!

Room Tip: Buildings away from the pool are, of course, quieter. The older buildings have smaller units but are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the Management Team at Sheraton Broadway Plantation , we would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Myrtle Beach. We prideourselves on providing relaxing, satisfying vacation experiences. We do have an aromatic scent in our lobbys, this is called the Sheraton Scent and we do have these in all our Starwood properties depending on the locale of the propery. Thank You and we will see you on your next visit to Myrtle beach.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our first time staying here but it won't be our last. The property is very attractive even though there are many units making up the resort. Elevators wer clean and shiny. The staff was very friendly. We stayed in a two bedroom unit on the top floor with a lovely view of the duck pond. The unit itself was nicely furnished and very clean. Kitchen was well stocked with everything needed to prepare any meal one could desire. Nice clean appliances and refrigerator. Glass top range even had a burner that was large enough for a large skillet! The counters were granite and a really nice color. The balcony outside the living area was screened in so that you could sit outside or leave the door open and not worry about bugs. We had a kingsized bed and the mattress was so comfortable. Bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and a walk in shower as well as nice granite counters. The location is very convenient to so many activities and eateries. Unfortunately, we had to cut our stay short because of Hurricane Sandy but we will be back one day soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jbarattu, Manager at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay with us and thank you for completing your survey on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are very appreciated and we look forward to your next visit to Myrtle Beach. We just completed our renovation to our rooms, and we are very excited about the reactions we have heard. Thank You.

Been to Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas? Share your experiences!