My wife and I spent three nights here and everything was very nice. The hotel is located on the edge of a nice residential area, surrounded by many trees on a large piece of property, making it very quiet. Our room with two queen size beds was large and very clean. Our bath area also had plenty of room and also was very clean. Our room decorations and furniture were very nice and included a microwave and refrigerator. The hotel caters to both business and leisure travelers.
The lobby and adjoining breakfast area are large and very attractively furnished, including a sitting area with a sofa & chairs and a large screen TV. The breakfast bar had the full standard Hampton Inn items of fresh fruit, a selection of juices and cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, packages of instant oatmeal and grits, two hot breakfast items which were different each of the three days we were there, plus coffee, tea and milk.
The hotel is located just off US 17 Business, with dozens of restaurants in both directions. Bonefish Grill is directly next door and is excellent. Wireless Internet service worked perfectly and was very fast. All of the staff were very pleasant throughout our stay.
The hotel is just three blocks from the ocean, but blocks are long, just a little too far to walk. But there are many free parking areas and accesses to the beach for anyone wanting to go to the beach.
This hotel is ideal for business people and leisure travelers wanting a nice quiet hotel or traveling with young children. Anyone expecting a beach atmosphere will be disappointed.
This hotel fully met all of the quality we expect from a Hampton Inn and we very definitely would stay here again.
For anyone reading previous Trip Advisor reviews, there may be a negative review dating back to 2004, but this is no longer accurate.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood Hotel
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Northwood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in the sporting fun and seaside thrills of Myrtle Beach, the epicenter of South Carolina's Grand Strand. The Hampton Inn® hotel in Myrtle Beach-Northwood is located in the northern part of the city, just three blocks from the ocean in the Grand Dunes area. We are next door to the Northwood Shopping Plaza and the Cane Patch Par Three Driving Range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - Northwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.