“Great family place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection

You added Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection to your Saves list
Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection
Ranked #83 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Forest City, North Carolina
“Great family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I have stayed at Harbour LIghts many times. This time we were able to get a room with a view of the inter coastal waterway and it was awesome. The rooms are always clean and have all the comforts of home. We will definitely stay here again. The only disadvantage is that not all buildings have elevators. The highest floor is the third floor which is not bad but you do have to carry your luggage all the way up by yourself.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you have trouble walking up stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charleston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotels rooms are small (studio) there is not even a chair or table in these rooms, in most hotel rooms you have some where to sit besides the bed... And oh the beds are so small . I was also told that I could not upgrade my room because I was not a member, but I was staying in the hotel side and not the resort, but those are the rules and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get the studio book a much larger room from the start....
Pell City, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed there July 2012. This is a very nice resort. There are 3 pools (1 indoor) and a lazy river. One pool has a bar that also serves typical bar food. The drinks at the bar were reasonably priced and Joe the bartender in the evening took great care of us as did the rest of the friendly staff. Both pool locations had clean restrooms and plenty of lounge chairs.

In the clubhouse they have a game room and host fun activities throughout the week. The resort is located along the intercoastal waterway. They have some hammocks and swings setup there to sit and watch boats go up and down the waterway. There is also a grilling area by the waterway. We grilled some steaks and enjoyed watching the boats go by.

The resort is about 6 miles from the beach. Other than Saturday the traffic getting to the beach was not bad at all. The resort provided complimentary passes to the state park beaches where there are lifeguards, picnic tables, plenty of parking spaces, and restrooms.

We stayed in a two bedroom unit that had a king in the master room and 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom. The kitchen had a sofa bed. The master bath had a walk-in shower and a garden tub. We had 3 adults, 2 teenagers, and toddler. We had plenty of room. The kitchen was stocked with every dish we needed. The décor is showing its age some, but it has been well maintained. The room was very clean and the appliances looked new.

We had a great, relaxing vacation and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Not all the buildings have elevators. If you have trouble with stairs ask for a 1st floor room or s...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

1st Blue Green experience since we bought our time share two years ago.

It was an ok resort. Waited about an hour past our check in time to get our room and it still was not finished up when we walked in.

Not on the beach and the only attraction is the medieval times dinner show across the street which we really enjoyed. Did not enjoy the traffic each day going to the public beach.

Most of the attractions and shopping areas are closed down. Kind of a ghost town.

We debated on selling our B/C after our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The studio or hotel rooms are small. Literally, full size beds. Not queen! This is the first time I have ever slept on noticeably smaller beds in all of my traveling. That being said, the resort is very nice, the pools are great (even a fountain in the kiddie pool which was thrilling for my 2 year old), and fountains in the pool at the resort grill. You are around 15 minutes from the beach, but the atmosphere is very serene and the rooms and resort are upscale and offer plenty of extras (including furnished outdoor grills & grill kits in the resort picnic area and washer and dryers in all units). Some families may prefer to stay on the beach for convenience (parking at the beach cost us between $5-$10 per time since we were not staying there), but for the price Harbour Lights is a great value & if we had stayed on the beach for a comparable price I expect that the accommodations would have been far inferior to what we experienced staying with bluegreen. We stayed for 4 days and while you can get beach towels from the clubhouse across from bldg 13, housekeeping does not come make beds or replace towels during your stay bc the units have washer & dryers in them. The toiletries were nice (bath & body works) and as other reviewers noted, some buildings (ours included) did not have elevators. Overall I enjoyed the resort, but would probably choose to stay beachside if planning to visit the beach often!

• Stayed July 2012
bham,al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our family of 12 stayed in 2-2 bedroom units at Harbor Lights July 9-14.For the past 6 years we have taken family vacations at Bluegreen Resorts and ALL of them have been great vacations.This one seemed just a little better than the others.Resort was very nice Grounds were very clean and Landscaped very nicely.Sidewalks everywhere even along the waterway which was very important to me being in a wheelchair.They have a fenced in grilling are with picnic tables near the waterway which is very nice.There is 2 outdoor pools,lazy river,indoor pool and 2 hot tubs.The club house has all kinds of activities including work out room.Our rooms were clean,spacious and comfortable.Check in and check out was quick and easy.Front desk gave us free day passes to state park which was ver nice.Park had the best beach and a very nice picnic shelter.This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and the staff at Harbor lights made it a memorable one.We already have next year planned but 2014 may find us back at Harbor Lights.If you like the slower,quiet pace you will love it here.

Room Tip: The buildings are 3 floors and a couple of buildings do not have elevators so when you make reservat...
Federal Way, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Arrived at this hotel, had to climb up six flights of outside stairs in 100+ degree heat with luggage, no elevators!

Arrived in room had to take a cold shower, no hot water!

Room had
- used towels hanging in the bathroom, - unmade bed
- dirty kleenex outside on the patio table
- cereal and food on the floor in the kitchen.

We called the hotel desk and we had to wait an HOUR AND HALF for them to show up,

While they were there fixing the unmade bed a SPIDER ran from in between the sheets to under the pillows. We told them we had to move. Thankfully Lisa the wonderful from desk manager said to go to dinner and while we were gone they would move us into a new room.

We came back 2 HOURS later to our new room and only HALF of our stuff was there. When we went to our old room the other half of our belongings were still there untouched.

At MIDNIGHT an incredibly rude security guard (Gary) showed up with a refridgerator for the new room. Knowing we were waiting to get into the other room to get the rest of our belongings he refused to come let us in and was incredibly rude to my sick mom saying, "i'm 60 let me do my job." When he finally came to meet my dad and I, he continually said, "come back here, i'm talking to you" as i attempted to pack our belongings to transfer rooms. Something they were suppose to do 2 hours ago!

When i put our stuff in the front room he said, "do you expect me to help you," at which point i said "i would appreciate it since my dad is 72 i don't want him carrying them down 6 flights of stairs" at which point, again he stated, "well i'm 60."

When we finally got to the new room i was carrying some of the luggage in and the security guard was comming out and shut the door before i could reach for it and walked away. I'm standing there with arm fulls of luggage at 1:00am digging for my key because he decided to shut the door in my face.

I later learned, due to their rude demeanor my mom had decided to leave the new room when she was alone with them while they attempted to install the fridge at midnight and come meet me and my dad, even though she was feeling ill. She asked them where the old room was since it is such a big complex and they refused to tell her and she ended up wandering around the park in the middle of the night, sick.

We received calls for the next 3 days requesting we repeat our story several times. We even sat down with the guest services manager but have yet to hear a resolution. I have also heard that the wonderful front desk manager LISA has since put her resignation in due to the overwhelming incompetince of the resort.

Need I mention that even in the new room there was a cockroach in the shower and hair matted on the wall and floor in the guest bathroom?

I would think twice before staying here. Pretty decor with much promise, however, the paralleled rude staff and alarmingly dirty atmosphere ruin any hope for a good experience! Especially, since it is 15 minutes from any beach and for half the price you can find a hotel right on the ocean!! We changed hotels and had an amazing second half to our trip!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel on the beach!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!