“Nice place for familes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection

You added Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection to your Saves list
Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2690 Harbour Lights Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #77 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place for familes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Harbour Lights was a very nice resort. We had a very large 2 bedroom condo and it was very clean when we arrived. There were plenty of towels for the 5 of us and they also include pool towels to take to the club house and pools with you. The reviewers were right with it being a little deserted looking around the resort, but the resort itself was well maintained and we were told it is one of the oldest resorts they have, so I would definately like to visit the newer resorts. My Husband and I did the timeshare presentation, and it was VERY long! We have been on several and I think this one was the worst. They stick you in a room for an hour and talk you to deaf, then have you to walk around to see the grounds and condos....mind you the heat index was 115 dgrees!!! So needless to say we were not happy...key word: GOLFCARTS! We saw them everywhere being ridden by staff, so we know they were avaliable! OK ,now on another note, we had a ball otherwise! Everything was easy to find, the beach was only 10 mins away and there is plenty to do! Traffic is kinda bad in the afternoons so beware of that, but we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We booked this for a last minute weekend getaway and stayed three nights in a one bedroom villa.

The room was pretty clean. My main concern with hotels these days is bed bugs. We looked the bed and sofa over pretty thoroughly and found no signs of them.

The bathroom was pretty nice. Jack and jill style with access from the living area and bedroom. It was quite large with a double vanity, jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower.

The living area was small, but I wouldn't say it was cramped. There's a screened-in balcony with a table and chairs, so that expands your space. The balcony was the best feature for me. Being screened-in, you don't have to worry about annoying bugs... quite nice. My one complaint is the tv was outdated, but you don't go to Myrtle Beach for the tv.

Kitchen was pretty basic, but well equipped with everything we needed. Not much to say here.

Room Tip: Our room was in building 12, which I would say has a choice location in the resort. Close to all poo...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was a bit worried about my room being clean after reading other reviews but it was very clean. It is a great place to stay. It is located 10 mins away from a lot of popular tourist hang outs and eating spots. The.seafood buffets seem to be popular around the area. We ate at Rioz a Brazilian steak house. I strongly recommend it. The staff at harbour lights were ALL very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the place and area so much I bought a time share.

• Stayed July 2011
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We booked only one night but decided to extend for one more. The villa was beautiful and was perfect for us-four adults in the two bedroom villa. We loved it here and took full advantage of all the amentities. The lazy river was so much fun. The only complaint we had was wasting so much time at check-in, and when we switched to another unit because our current one was not available for the second night. It took several trips to correct the door keys coding, but all in all it is a very nice place!

Room Tip: Ask for a unit backing up to the intercoastal waterway.
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had requested a room with two double beds more than 3 weeks in advance and got a room with 1 full size bed. When I called the front desk after check-in to ask why I did not get what I requested, all the night manager had to say was, "I don't know." She had zero customer service skills. If I were to talk to people who call my place of employment that way, I would be fired. I had to walk her through how to appropriately handle the situation. Also, the toilet in the room would not flush. The second day, we got our new room keys. The guy had written down and told us the wrong room number. My friend and I did not find this out til walking up to the third floor with all of our luggage. After going back to the front desk to ask to correct this problem, they did not even apologize for thier mistake. Then later that night, after 10 pm, the hotel's quiet time, the room next to us was being extremely loud. I phoned the front desk to see if they could call and ask them to quiet down since their parents would not. The phone rang and rang and rang. Finally securitly answered and he sounded annoyed to do his job. Also, the pictures of the pool, grounds, and rooms make them appear to be nicer than they actually are. Never stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We just spent a week at this location (4 adults, 2 kids) and had a wonderful time. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and it was very roomy and met our needs well. For the most part the condo was very clean and modern. My only complaint about the cleanliness is that the carpets needed a good shampooing, but it was not anything that ruined our stay. The pools were nice and the kids really enjoyed them. The location is convenient to just about anything you may need, including restaurants, entertainment, beaches, etc. I'd recommend getting a parking pass from the front desk for the State Park and access the beach that way. It's much less crowded than the beaches off of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, request a non-smoking room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We booked Harbour Lights through our vacation club and had a very nice experience. The room decor was modern. The rooms were very clean. They offered great amenities. There is a washer and dryer, so you can pack light. In the two bedroom unit, the living room and the other bedroom both had DVD players. I loved the screened back patio which faced the intercoastal waterway, it made for great morning coffee and evening reading.

The two bedroom was wonderful, especially when traveling with teenagers. Their room was completely separate with a separate entrance and bathroom, it also had a small frig and microwave.

The activity center was nice; it had a small workout area, pool table, ping pong table, bike rental, and two pool areas, one with a lazy river. They also had scheduled activities for kids and adults.

You definitely need your own transportation. The property is not located on the beach, but is not far from the beach and other attractions. The front desk also provides State Park Beach passes, which were wonderful!

The only downfall to this property is the location. It is situated between an abandoned amusement park and mall. As we approached Harbour Lights for the first time, it was a little concerning. However, we were pleasantly surprised upon entering the resort; it is very pretty and well maintained.

The wireless internet connection is through AT&T; fortunately we have AT&T as our provider, so it was free for us. If not, you will need to buy service to use in your room. Or, the resort offers a business center near the front desk with free internet.

I was annoyed that on the day of checkout, the cleanup crew came in and started cleaning our room before I checked out. We were there for a track meet, so, we had packed our stuff, but before the 10am checkout, had planned to come back to the room to cool off, use the restroom, etc. Got back to the room at 9:15 and the beds were stripped, the master bathroom was cleaned and the crew was not happy we came in...Next time, I would make sure the front desk & crew knew that we were planning to check out at 10.

Overall it was great experience! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Harbour Lights, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!