“The worst hotel experience Ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd. to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd.
1100 S Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #108 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“The worst hotel experience Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The good news first: I liked the convenience of being directly across the street from the beach access. The staff was friendly, although they didn't ask me how my stay was as I checked out.
The rest, I'm afraid, is bad news. We were a party of 5, so we booked a suite with 3 double beds and a kitchen. It was very cramped. Every room was so small, there was not enough room for all 5 of us in any one room at the same time. The kitchen was useless to us, because there were no pots, pans, dishes, etc. (Every other hotel room I have stayed in with a kitchen has had those furnishings). The bathroom was small, the toilet wouldn't flush properly, the shower alternated from hot to cold, there was mold due to no exhaust fan, and no counter space for 5 people to put their things! I saw no signs of the renovations claimed on their website to have been done in 2011.....unless it was even worse then than it is now. Yes, I saw some new wallpapaer border running near the ceilings, if that qualifies for renovation. The air conditioners seemed to work at their own whims. Bottom line, I was embarassed to bring my family there. It was not worth the money. It put a damper on my whole weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd., responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I apologize for your experience. We apologize that the kitchen didn't have the pots and pans in the room. Many guest upon check out would leave burned pots and dirty dishes for housekeeping to clean or expect the housing to clean dishes when they gave the daily maid service. We believed that it was more important the housekeepers spent the time to keep the rooms clean verses worrying about doing the dished. We have changed this policy for over 5 years at our location and many other motels/hotels in our area have done the same. The A/C units are on thermostat so when the room temperature reaches a certain point the air turns on and off. If a guest notifies us they want he A/C running at all times we now have maintenance switch the thermostat switch off to give the customer the continuous A/C. Our 3 beds room are not the suite type of rooms and we ask our front desk staff to notify customers of that so they are prepared for 2 basic rooms (1 bed and 2 beds with a kichen and a bathroom). We hope you will come visit us the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed over during a Friday night in February; there are few visitors in the area, so there is much competition for rates. I got a room here for around $40, total plus tax. This motel is right on the main strip, and is very close to the 'downtown' entertainment district, and convenient to the highway.

I had no problem with the room, it was fairly spacious, with a good usable mix of furniture. All of the various amenities worked- TV, heat/AC, mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom also had a hair dryer, which puts this room among the better Super 8 motels. Everything was clean, and there were no insects or pests.

Various bits of the room, and the outer areas of the motel itself, could use a bit of maintenance, but if you're willing to overlook that in exchange for the cheap price, none of that affected the functionality at all.

I'm docking them a full rating point, however, because their sign advertised wi-fi, and -when- I was finally able to connect to the motel's network, it was an abysmal, poor connection that was next to useless. It might be possible to get a good connection close to the office or wherever the routers are placed, but during the main season when these motels have few vacancies, swapping rooms might not be an option. This is important to me, and until they can fix their wi-fi, I most likely will not be back to this motel. That was the only significant problem that I had during this stay.

Room Tip: Check the wi-fi connection if possible before taking a room, if you need net access, otherwise you...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We have gone in and added an additional router on the opposite end of the motel to give customers better access to the WI-FI from all parts of the motel. So, come on back to visit us. In addition, we have given the rooms a new look so let us know how you like it now.
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This hotel is across the street, only steps to the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront!. The management bent-over backwards to make sure my stay was exceptional. I felt very save and my vehicle was watched over by the on-duty manager. The rooms were very clean and well-kept. The value for the location and quality of the hotel was much better than I anticipated. I will definitely stay here again and feel very comfortable recommending this hotel to Business travelers and families for a fun, safe and well-managed get-away!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. Hope you will come back and visit us during your next stay to Myrtle Beach!
Les Coteaux,QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We received great services from this Super 8 hotel, this is not a new hotel but it is very clean and the staff is very nice, they really made our vacations feel like home, we have been travelling here for over 8 years and we just love it, We really recommend you visit this nice hotel ,small but very homecoming.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

If you want lost money , it's the place, Sure it's not expensive but you have nothing... ok, your in front of the beach but you have a big hotel resort in front... every night you listening all the cars in the street ....I lost one week because no refound....It's a old motel, with spot of yellow in the washroom, and a lot of red spots in the bed ,each morning you eat with the garbage, because the personals take the garbage and pitch on the grass. very nice! i never see that before...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Warrenton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had saw previous reviews for this hotel and was very skeptical about staying here. But once I arrived all of my paper work was ready I was checked in within minutes. The hotel room was nice and spacious. It was clean and had towels and everything we needed in there. The hotel was a nice spot for bikers since we went during bike week, the hotel had special parking for bikers also. The only minor thing I could find wrong was that I had to go to the office and ask for an iron everytime I needed to iron an outfit. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay again. I also reccomend this hotel to others

Room Tip: Book your hotel early
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I booked a room for one night and cancelled the next day, with more than 24 hours notice. The desk clerk was rude and told me they were going to charge me a full night's room rate/deposit. Their cancellation policy was never brought up or described during my reservation call and that is a FACT! Perusing the internet, it would appar that there are numerous people with the same complaint against this hotel. Sounds like a scam to me! Dishonest people for sure... I KNOW I was not told about their cancellation policy or I would NOT have booked a room there. Apparently, it requires TEN days notice for a refund (Absurd)... and I was already out of the cancellation timeframe when I made the reservation, but this was NEVER divulged to me. DO NOT STAY HERE. If this is how they handle reservations I can only imagine how they run their hotel. Look at the many negative reviews and decide for yourself....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd.

Address: 1100 S Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Ranked #108 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd. Hotel Myrtle Beach
Super 8 Myrtle Beach
Super Eight Myrtle Beach

If you own or manage Super 8 Motel - Myrtle Beach/Ocean Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.