“august” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #169 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“august”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Short trip down hotel was okay the pool was dirty, No towels for pool. Ice only on 2 floors. Vending machine would not take my money. Could hear the people next door all night. STREET NOISE WAS NUTS ! I ask noting special was going on. I would no recommendations for a long stay

Not a great trip

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

When my family and I arrived, there was a issue with the payment. The manager Carol, was annoyed with our questions and kept repeating her same generic answer which was infuriating. We eventually fixed the situation. The next day, we asked for a 30 min extention for our check out. Our autistic son was sick and we were running late. We explained this to her and she said we had 15 mins or we would be charged a night. We rushed out and were out within 10 mins, and within that 10 mins she called our room 2 times and sent someone up to make sure we were out. Before I left, I asked her what her title and position was at the hotel and only when I said that I was contacting corporate office did she become apologetic. It was a decent stay and 100 steps away from the beach but great staff is important to me as well. I won't be returning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gander, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

An old hotel that has had some face lifts. The room we stayed in had a balcony and the carpet and bedding were new. Its across the street from Myrtle Beach. A twenty minute walk from the boardwalk and most of the nightlife. The outlet malls are a twenty minute drive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New Kent, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Second stay at this hotel. First was over two years earlier. Now the owners are refurbishing the property. New hvac units, tvs, lighting, etc. I would stay a third time.
The employees were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: hotel across road from ocean however you can see the ocean and easy to walk to
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aston, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I couldn't believe this was the hotel I saw in the pictures. I booked it for 2 nights for a surprise birthday party we were attending. When we arrived the clerk in the lobby ( if that' what you want to call it) was very pleasant and nice. She gave each of us a key and told us the elevator was in the back. So we drove around back and found the elevator that was very small...could only hold 3 adults. When we got off on the 7th floor...there was no carpeting on the floor and it was very dirty looking. I also noticed that there was a 2x4 as a support for the emergency staircase. When we opened the door; the smell of marijuana was very noticeable. And we had to open the sliding door to air out the room. The sliding door did not lock and did nothing to keep the outside noise down. The walls were paper thin and we could hear the conversations of the people in the next room. The furniture was ok but the mattress was so soft that I woke up each morning with almost unbearable back pain. The bathroom wasn't too clean either. There was dried urine down the side of the toilet....ewww gross. The swimming pool was right next to the parking lot, had no lifeguard, and didn't look anything like the picture. What really pissed me off was that I paid over $200 for 2 nights and the hotel across the street, which looked a lot nicer, was only $39 a night. Word of warning do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We came in on a Thursday night and our guest attendant Shawnette was very helpful and nice, she let us check a room before staying even though we had already done reservations. We decided to stay because we had an ocean view and the rooms were pretty decent. Our first morning for breakfast, we met Carrol, we went down at 8:45 and breakfast closed at 9. When Carrol saw us walk into the kitchen she said can I help you? I asked if the kitchen was still open and she then said well are you guest? I said yes and walked through. She never once said good morning or anything. 5 minutes after we were there, she shut the gate so that no one else could get breakfast. Later that night we ordered pizza, and we needed 4 plates. We went down and asked Carrol for plates and she got pissed and said, these are supposed to be for breakfast, but I'll give you some this time. Then Saturday morning came.... We once again went down for breakfast, this time at 8:30 so we wouldn't be shut in. And we saw Shawnette and Carrol. We were relieved to see Shawnette! She came out and greeted us and brought out some more waffle batter, just for us to find out the waffle maker had broke. We told Shawnette how Carrol acted about the plates the night before and how she doesn't even approach the guest in an appropriate manner. Shawnette just responded and said yes some managers do things out of spite. I then stated how I don't like that my manager comes in and doesn't even say good morning and I don't like that. That was as far as our conversation went. The next thing I know Shawnette is walking out of the kitchen telling us that Carrol just fired her for talking about her, and that she wanted us to talk to the owner before she left!!!! I was like WHAT???!!! Sure enough the owner came, and he didn't care what we had to say, they made Shawnette go home!!!! We checked out the same morning. This place is rediculous. There are too many hotels around this area. Choose wisely, and go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Liverpool, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked this hotel through AAA it rated this hotel with three stars. If this is a three star hotel I'd hate to see a two or a one star! The room is EXTREMELY noisy. The sliding glass doors did nothing to muffle the street noise. The back doors were propped wide open -nice security. The tub fixtures show gaping holes in the tub wall, the room smelled, the furniture old and is a mixture. The towels are paper thin and only two towels. This has an outside pool and low security for the room door. I would NOT stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple