“Manager Carrol is very rude!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #159 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Manager Carrol is very rude!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We came in on a Thursday night and our guest attendant Shawnette was very helpful and nice, she let us check a room before staying even though we had already done reservations. We decided to stay because we had an ocean view and the rooms were pretty decent. Our first morning for breakfast, we met Carrol, we went down at 8:45 and breakfast closed at 9. When Carrol saw us walk into the kitchen she said can I help you? I asked if the kitchen was still open and she then said well are you guest? I said yes and walked through. She never once said good morning or anything. 5 minutes after we were there, she shut the gate so that no one else could get breakfast. Later that night we ordered pizza, and we needed 4 plates. We went down and asked Carrol for plates and she got pissed and said, these are supposed to be for breakfast, but I'll give you some this time. Then Saturday morning came.... We once again went down for breakfast, this time at 8:30 so we wouldn't be shut in. And we saw Shawnette and Carrol. We were relieved to see Shawnette! She came out and greeted us and brought out some more waffle batter, just for us to find out the waffle maker had broke. We told Shawnette how Carrol acted about the plates the night before and how she doesn't even approach the guest in an appropriate manner. Shawnette just responded and said yes some managers do things out of spite. I then stated how I don't like that my manager comes in and doesn't even say good morning and I don't like that. That was as far as our conversation went. The next thing I know Shawnette is walking out of the kitchen telling us that Carrol just fired her for talking about her, and that she wanted us to talk to the owner before she left!!!! I was like WHAT???!!! Sure enough the owner came, and he didn't care what we had to say, they made Shawnette go home!!!! We checked out the same morning. This place is rediculous. There are too many hotels around this area. Choose wisely, and go somewhere else!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Liverpool, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked this hotel through AAA it rated this hotel with three stars. If this is a three star hotel I'd hate to see a two or a one star! The room is EXTREMELY noisy. The sliding glass doors did nothing to muffle the street noise. The back doors were propped wide open -nice security. The tub fixtures show gaping holes in the tub wall, the room smelled, the furniture old and is a mixture. The towels are paper thin and only two towels. This has an outside pool and low security for the room door. I would NOT stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

So we travel a lot and work for an airline so we dont often make reservations due to the uncertainty of the ability to get to our desired destination. Well after driving the strip here in Myrtle Beach a couple times we pulled in to this location thinking with the Choice brand we should be pretty safe. I have stayed in economy hotels that were much better than this location. While it appears they have attempted some updates they don't make up for the fact that the bathroom is outdated and probably from the time the hotel was built. Black and disgusting buildup in the shower. Shower curtain hanger about to fall off the wall. The bathroom needed a pressure washing to say the least just to start getting it cleaned for which it wasnt at the time of check in and even after being "cleaned". I am shocked that Quality let alone Choice would allow themselves to be associated with such a poor property. While it was a "suite" and had some perks there was much to be said for the condition. If you can avoid I would.

Room Tip: If you stay choose a room away from the strip so as to be somewhat quieter but the cliental may cont...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Well my first impression when we drove into the hotel was thinking it looked abandoned !!! The outside is run down the elevator was spray painted and the pieces were coming off. When we got inside the room it was like a crack head had been living there. The walls and ceiling had water damage running down them the sheets were stained yellow the smoke detector was hanging off the wall the towels smelled dirty and were rough. You would think the owner would do a total reno on the building it is so ran down and nasty the only good thing was the staff was nice. We had booked for two days but only stayed one only because it was midnight we left the next morning and went to another hotel. I hope this place gets an uplift !!!! And aside from the yellow stained comforter...The bed was very comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Carol A, Assistant to owner at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for writing a review for Quality Inn and Suites in Myrtle Beach, S.C. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your concerns.I apologize for any problems that you found. We are trying very hard to upgrade as much as we can. We have new carpet,new drapes are ordered, and we have granite countertops in the bathroom. The rooms have been painted and a wintertime leak through out the four stack has been fixed. We hope that you will visit Myrtle Beach again.
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is in great need of remodeling and cleaning. Our room was not properly cleaned and the kitchen items had dried food on them. The hotel's corridors, stairwells, and elevator were also dirty and things were cracked and broken. Even though the pool is within a glass enclosure, it is very cold. The only place in the hotel that looks decent is the lobby. The breakfast was sufficient; however, I would not stay here again because of the condition of the hotel and the lack of cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Henry VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The view was great from the 5th floor, staff (all shifts) were pleasant and helpful. My friends and I had 2 rooms that adjoined and both were very nice and comfortable. This is not a five star hotel so if that's what you are looking for keep shopping. This is was a very affordable hotel that needs some minor updating, but it was very clean and served its purpose. The only small thing is (and I knew this when I booked the room) during bike week you CAN NOT park your trailers in the parking lot, but you can take them a few miles away to Jammin' Leathers and you can park them for free, you may think that this would be a problem but it worked out well for us cause they had some much going on over there we went there everyday (car shows, free hot dogs and SALES). This hotel is within walking distance of a lot of stuff. We walked to Denny's every night (actually early morning) I would stay here again and suggest to my friends.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to park your bike trailers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at Quality Inn hotels and have always been pleased. This is by far, the worst experience that I have had. The bathroom was filthy, floors were filthy. The entry area was not only old in appearance, but apparently there is no preventive maintenance. The doors to the building were left open all night and a key was not needed to enter the building. I thought the elevator floor was going to split in half, so I lugged my four bags of luggage up four floors. I was a single female traveling alone and found the halls dark. I did not want to leave my room once I entered it, unsure of strangers lurking the area. On the positive side, there was a large flat scree tv in the room and the area where the beds were located was more appealing than the rest of the room. It seems that it started to be remodeled, new carpet on floors and new bedding. If i was able to turn my back to the other half of the room, it would have been bearable. Front desk was very friendly and as helpful as they could be in the situation. Once I saw the room, I wanted to cancel my reservation for the three nights. Per front desk and the regulations, I had missed the deadline, so whether I stayed or left,I was still going to be charged for the one night. So I spent the evening looking for another place to stay on my vacation. I stood in one spot while taking a shower, did not want to touch the shower curtains and I literally closed my eyes while in the bathroom as not to gag. I am not a germaphobe, but I like a clean bathroom and kitchen. Don't know if this was party central at one point, but interior and exterior are pretty worn. The pool...I wont even discuss. My biggest advice, when making reservations see if the reservation can be cancelled the day of check in and get there early to check the room before actually checking in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!