We came in on a Thursday night and our guest attendant Shawnette was very helpful and nice, she let us check a room before staying even though we had already done reservations. We decided to stay because we had an ocean view and the rooms were pretty decent. Our first morning for breakfast, we met Carrol, we went down at 8:45 and breakfast closed at 9. When Carrol saw us walk into the kitchen she said can I help you? I asked if the kitchen was still open and she then said well are you guest? I said yes and walked through. She never once said good morning or anything. 5 minutes after we were there, she shut the gate so that no one else could get breakfast. Later that night we ordered pizza, and we needed 4 plates. We went down and asked Carrol for plates and she got pissed and said, these are supposed to be for breakfast, but I'll give you some this time. Then Saturday morning came.... We once again went down for breakfast, this time at 8:30 so we wouldn't be shut in. And we saw Shawnette and Carrol. We were relieved to see Shawnette! She came out and greeted us and brought out some more waffle batter, just for us to find out the waffle maker had broke. We told Shawnette how Carrol acted about the plates the night before and how she doesn't even approach the guest in an appropriate manner. Shawnette just responded and said yes some managers do things out of spite. I then stated how I don't like that my manager comes in and doesn't even say good morning and I don't like that. That was as far as our conversation went. The next thing I know Shawnette is walking out of the kitchen telling us that Carrol just fired her for talking about her, and that she wanted us to talk to the owner before she left!!!! I was like WHAT???!!! Sure enough the owner came, and he didn't care what we had to say, they made Shawnette go home!!!! We checked out the same morning. This place is rediculous. There are too many hotels around this area. Choose wisely, and go somewhere else!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, the Quality Inn & SuitesTM hotel is the perfect vacation destination, providing easy access to many exciting things to see and do. This Myrtle Beach Hotel is across the street from the ocean and close to many area attractions, including: Family Kingdom amusement park, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Coastal Carolina University and Tanger Outlet Center shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Quality Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Quality Inn