“Don't let your husband pick the hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #159 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Washington, D.C.
“Don't let your husband pick the hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We came here as part of our drive home from Atlanta on Labor Day weekend. My husband and I have never been to Myrtle Beach and thought it was a good stop on our way north. We only made it to the beach once in our three day stay in Myrtle Beach. It was an unusually hot summer that led into September. We decided to hit the beach very early, 9:00 a.m. to be exact. It was nice but once the sun started coming out an hour later, it just became too hot to even sit under an umbrella. Unfortunately, the Quality Inn and Suites was not even an option to stay in our room. The room had an adjoining door in which I could constantly smell cigarette smoke from the other room. Luxury hotel, this was not. We had two double beds and both had stains on the bedding. The bathroom was dingy. See the pictures that I have included. Breakfast was included but nothing to rave about. Powdered eggs, cereal, yogurt and unappealing fruit. One elevator. Cigarette butts in the hallway. The room smelled mildewy. The ocean was just across the street so it was a quick walk. Plenty of free parking. Not walking distance to the boardwalk. So many other hotels. I'm sure there was something better. I just know it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Special attention is paid to non smoking rooms.

• The maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We hope to see you again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
king
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently stayed over the weekend. Will not plan on staying there again. When I first walked in the room look very nice and it was but underneath the bed you could tell the room had not been completely cleaned because there was emply drinking bottles. Found a bug in the bathroom. Staff didn't have much to say when I told them about the bug in the bathroom and cleaniness of the room. Contnential breakfast was nice but not much room to eat as far as tables. Not a far walk to the beach so that was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn during your recent weekend visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We have taken steps to check and ensure the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staff has been given the required training.

We are happy that you found the breakfast nice and still try to improve it and of course the required tables also. We are also happy that you enjoyed the beach.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel just one night, but had a nice view of the ocean and it was a great value. A little older property, but can see they keep maintaining it. Very pleasant desk staff both at check-in and check-out. Just a short walk to the beach!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just stayed there over Labor Day weekend. We got lost and the hotel staff was very helpful in getting us to their location even after several calls! The hotel room was very clean and nice. We had an oceanview efficiency on the 7th floor and had a great view of the ocean even though it is located across the street from the beach. The continental breakfast was good with a waffle station that was great! The only problems we had were with parking as there was limited spaces to park. The elevator was very small, but it moved fast so you were not in there a long time. My room was cleaned very well and it was a great experience overall. I will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: It is worth it to pay a little more fro the ocean view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel saved our vacation! After driving 18 hours, we were to check in at the hotel accross the side street of the Quality Inn. That other hotel was GROSS, this property was CLEAN! Thankfully they had a room for 2 adults & 3 teenagers! The linens & beds were very comfortable. They kitchen was well stocked & maintained. At our request, they replaced the shower head on our first day - the water was barely a trickle. They were OK with giving us extra towels. Sandra & the rest of the staff were very polite. The balcony chairs need to be replaced. The AC unit on one of our 2 balconies drained all over the balcony making it unusable. The deluxe continental breakfast was actually decent. Hot selections available every morning & free coffee in the lobby all day & night. Compared to the other 6 hotels we walked into on the main street that night, this was by far one of the better maintained for the price point. Afterall, it's the Quality Inn, not the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are quieter than the rooms with an ocean view. Busy main street under th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Qualty Inn during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for appreciating the location, the cleanliness of the rooms and also telling us that you found our staff to be friendly and cordial. That is nothing more than we would expect of them but it is always nice to hear from an esteemed guest like you.

We have taken note of your suggestions and have taken adequate steps to ensure that the furniture, air conditionings are in the finest condition. We assure that we shall further do the very best to make your next stay at our hotel a memorable experience.

The next time you visit our area, please choose to stay at the Quality Inn and you shall be greatly pleased.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I called and spoke to a gentleman on August 1st 2012 and he was a true gentleman. He helped me with my reservation and explained everything to me. All was fine until I called on August 3rd to reserve 2 more rooms and spoke to "The supervisor, Sandra"...... she was really rude and told me that me and my mom was being silly because we asked about the age requirements to be considered an adult. She told us that once we figured out what we wanted then to call back. So my mom hung up the phone...I returned the call and asked why the reservation for 2 adults and 2 children were not accepted and she went on to tell me that she was too busy to discuss age limits and that if I didnt like how she spoke to my mom then I should go elsewhere. I asked to cancel my reservation and she rudely yelled out my cancellation number and told me if thats all I needed than she would be hanging up.

I can not believe that this lady was the supervisor. She needs to be retrained on how to be more patient and how to handle customers that are unaware of hotel policies. If Im driving 9 hours for a trip I want to know exactly what Im being charged. I swear if I was in front of her she would have gotten slapped. Thats How Rude She Was!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are not on the ocean side!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the fellow whom you spoke was friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less from him, but it is always nice to hear.

• The fellow whom you spoke was told of the nice comment you made concerning him and received our personal commendation concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which he treated you, our valued guests.

• We apologize for the rude behavior of Supervisor Sandra. We have ask her to treat everyone with courteous manner.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had planned a trip to Myrtle Beach and our hotel plan fell through. I went to quality inn - the rate was expensive but I agreed because we needed a place. We checked in and went to find the elevator which was not in the lobby. There is only one and it was small with six people waiting already. We walked rather than wait. The bed looked clean but the furnishing is past it's prime. The carpet is super filthy, the wall was busted. You could hear people in the next room even though they were not loud. You could hear the TV from next door. We knew to whisper or keep voices down. The AC is old and loud. The TV is old. I am sure it is one star or 1/2 a star. They said free breakfast I guess boiled egg juice and hard bagel and hard biscuit constitute breakfast. Avoid this place unless you are desperate. We asked the front desk for extra towels, she said talk to the cleaning people they are on your floor - she had some sitting right next to her. Are you serious? Wow

Room Tip: There is no good room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with towels, soap, etc before being released as ready for occupancy.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider and once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!