“Ice cold pasta dish!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Ice cold pasta dish!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The only things good on this visit was the she-crab soup and hushpuppies w/ honey butter. I ordered the shrimp and lobster pasta. My first bite was ice cold. I checked around the plate, everything was ice cold so it was not fresh. I told the waitress, who asked if I wanted something esle or the same. Told her the same. It was heated somehow, dump it a new plate ( I could make out the bowl bottom of the previous bowl). No garnishment to even make it look fresh. I only pick out the shrimp and lobster, left the pasta it never tasted right after this. I should not have had to pay for bagged food.
Management must have never been told, no one came to our table.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
DeadDogJohn, Owner at Dead Dog Saloon, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your poor experience at the Dead Dog Saloon. I have spoken to our management team and they in fact were not informed of the issue with your shrimp and lobster pasta dish. This is one of our best selling, most popular dishes and I am greatly disappointed to hear that your plate was not prepared properly. We use fresh lobster tail and premium all white shrimp, both of which are cleaned and prepared daily in house. Had management been made aware of your subpar meal, I can assure you, the problem would have been fixed. If you decide to give us another shot, please contact me so that I can do my best to fix what has already gone wrong and make sure your next visit is everything it should be. Thank you for visiting the Dead Dog Saloon.

Michigan
“Good-but a lot of options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was fun. We sat in a large booth - kind of hard to communicate with the wait staff when closest to the wall. The food was good (bar like) and reasonably priced. The large outdoor bar area was fun while we waited for our table.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Glad we stopped here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a casual lunch here and we were not disappointed. We had a table in the covered porch area, basically right on the water with a lovely view of Murrells Inlet. The food was good and the staff very friendly. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Fun place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A great restaurant on the water. Decorated with all dog things. We sat out on an enclosed deck. Food was great. had surf and turf tacos. Delicious! They were steak and shrimp. Prices very reasonable. Service very good. Highly recommend!

Newport Beach, CA
“Happy Hour at Murrells Inlet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A visit to Pawleys Island must include a walk along the Boardwalk at the MarshWalk at Murrells Inlet just north of our Lakeside Villa vacation rental Litchfield by the Sea. The Dead Dog Saloon has a great bar area with expansive views of Murrells Inlet. Lots of great beers on tap and terrific service. The inside bar has a on beam ceiling full of nautical decor. We even saw the identical wooden turtle that we have in our vacation rental as an accessory! The Dead Dog Saloon has an "overflow" outdoor bar area too. Great for people watching.

• Visited April 2013