“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Mebane NC
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Loved...lots to choose from for different tastes in your party. We waited at the bar due to an hr wait. We didn't mind. In vacation mode. The bar tender, didn't get his name, Shucks!! He did say he is a mountainner fan. He has such a sweet personality and seems to love his job. He was very entertaining. Made our wait feel like just minutes. Once we got to our table we had the fried seafood items. Local waiter at another restaurant recommended. Good call, the seafood was great! Will return when in the area!

Visited October 2013

75% Recommend
London
“Great lunch with colleagues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had a very informal and tasty lunch with colleagues last week. The food was served quickly and was very well cooked. I had the clam chowder (very good, lots of clams!) and the soft crab sandwich (it was called something else) - I ate the crab, salad and fries, I didn't need the bread bun. It was great. The setting is great and the outside tables overlook the river. Late September there are no bugs so it was very pleasant sitting outside for lunch. I recommend it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“BEST FOOD IN THE AREA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Myrtle Beach area for a week and tried many restaurants. This place topped them all! Great lunch and great service overlooking beautiful saltwater marsh!
I am NOT a fan of the name of the place, but I am a fan of this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“So Good !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went back to Drunken Jack's the other night after a lot of years. It was just as good as
I remembered ... the service was great, there were 10 of us and they didn't even blink an
eye at making us fit right in. The salad bar is one of the best anywhere, even have cold
salad plates waiting on you at the bar... and the food is delicious. Just hope it won't take
us a long to get back as it has in the past.. Love this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Amazing view...that includes goats and peacocks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Yes, the restaurant looks out onto Goat Island which is home to a few goats and their friends, the peacocks. As for the restaurant itself, it happens to be bike week (10/3/13) so we assumed we would have to wait. Arrived at 5:30, told there was a 30 minute wait but were seated in 20 minutes. My friend and I split the friend calamari which was very good, tender and not overly breaded. I had the broiled shrimp which came with the salad bar and baked potato. The shrimp were a little too buttery but not bad. My friend had the shrimp in garlic butter with baked potato & salad bar. The portions are not skimpy! She had 14 shrimp on her plate. The hush puppies are served with what tasted like honey butter that was amazing. Overall I think Drunken Jacks is pretty good for the price and amazing for location.

• Visited October 2013