“Overated, poor service.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Overated, poor service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

I live just a couple blocks away and my husband and I thought to give it a try. I was quite disappointed, but I would lay most of the blame on our server. The place was quite empty and a lot of the staff were just standing around so the lack of hospitality cannot be blamed on being too busy. I ordered the ribs which were so fatty that I was unable to eat them. We also had to ask for bread, which is something I never had to do before. The ribs were attractively layered and mine were served with garlic mashed potatoes. The potatoes were good as was the bread, otherwise I would have left starving. My husband ordered the flounder which he enjoyed. When the server finally came around she looked at my plate and asked if all was OK, I told her no and that I was unable to eat them because they were too fatty and tough. She asked me then if I wanted to a to go cup with tea that was nearly empty for awhile now. I guess she could not be bothered to look earlier to see that I needed more tea. We were left pretty much ignored. She said nothing about the ribs and asked if we were ready for our ticket. I am not the type of person to cause a scene or make a fuss about dissatisfaction, I believe a good server should take an active approach when a customer is not happy with a meal especially when it is a higher prices venue. Potatoes and a roll should not cost $20!!! I will never go back. This was the very first establishment that I have ever felt this way and left so hungry.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Augusta, Georgia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

We had an extended family gathering, and my brother-in-law - who is a chef and all-round expert on food, suggested this restaurant. The fare is locally caught and prepared well. The restaurant was quick to located a table which would seat our large party. Saul, our waiter, was confident and helpful. There was a large full moon over the water during our visit. The weather was cold, so I would like to return during the Spring when sitting on the deck would be feasible. Excellent evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Our first visit to Murrell's Inlet and after enjoying the Marshwalk decided to check out The Wicked Tuna. We were immediately welcomed and given a choice of many seating areas, and there are a number of nicely furnished dining areas. We chose the bar to look over the salt marsh and watch the pelicans soar. Oh, and also golf and football on the many tv's around the bar!
Our server Adam was very pleasant and knowledgeable and gave us great service explaining about the local choices of fish which we were looking for.
We decided on the Fish Bites which was Grouper and the Snake River Trout with a lovely sauce and great mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and we enjoyed The Wicked Tuna very much.
Thanks Adam and the pretty receptionist who was so friendly and took our picture.
Be sure to stop here!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“It's here....best food, best service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

OMGosh....totally impressed! We were there with a total of eight people. Our professional, friendly waitress Ashley made us feel like family. She told us the specials, answered all questions with excellent knowledge of the dink and food menu. We were there on Sunday late afternoon into the evening. We all had excellent fresh food....sushi, steak, lobster, mahi-mahi, scallops, etc. Ashley suggested wine pairing for my wife's meal and it was excellent match! We received our drinks and food in a very timely manner.....almost seemed as if Ashley knew we were coming and had our drinks there with a blink of the eye! We are coming back to see you... Ashley, cuz my wife and I are going to be here visiting the beach for awhile. Our only regret is that we hadn't been here before!
Thanks for a great time and treating our family and friends that came to visit for an outstanding last night on the beach before they flew back to IA.
Marty and Pamela

“Ashley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

We had great food and great service by Ashley! We will be back next year for sure. We walked to other restaurants along the inlet but this by far had the best atmosphere and nicest employees!