“much better options” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Greenville, South Carolina
“much better options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My family ate here on a Monday evening and it was only half full which made me a bit wary since all restaurants in Murrells Inlet are usually packed. It is a huge place with a nice view of the water and you can eat outside which is nice. The inside is rather strange wtih an almost formal looking dining room that makes little sense. As for the food, the sushi was good. We ordered three rolls and all were fresh and inventive. That was a good start. However, the other food was pretty awful. The grouper was very thick and seemed to be propped up by tons of filing. The rock shrimp was awful as it was soft and mushy as opposed to having a nice crispiness to them. The shrimp scampi was overcooked and the mussells were tasteless. The other issue was there are two kitchens. The sushi side and the cooked food side. Therefore, if you show up as a group and order from both kitchens, your food will not come out at once. Not usually an issue but the cooked food part was way behind the sushi side.
On the plus side, our server was friendly and did a good job throughout the night. This was not a horrible place and if you just want to get sushi and eat outside and have a good view go for it. If you are in the mood for some fresh seafood, I would look elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greensboro
“Best view in the Inlet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Haven't been there since it was name Spuds. it is still at the Crazy Sister marina, and basically has a better covered porch area than before. The fried seafood platters for great. We got the grilled platter and the quantity he was less but no complaints on the quality. My wife also got the salad with candy pecans apples etc cetera and it was very good. Would definitely go back for lunch, just for the great view!

Visited June 2014
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Consistent great food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Service is slow and spotty- seems like lots of turnover. We are local so visit often with guests. Love the sushi and the nightly specials- food is worthy of the slow service usually

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent Bar Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Not sure about the previous comments about the bar staff and waiting on a drink...I've never had that experience. I eat/drink there fairly often and always have an excellent experience. Jason Drake has not only been a great bartender to me, but to the entire bar during my visits there. Every time I've been there, it has been pretty busy. He makes conversation with each person sitting at the bar and at no time singles anyone out while ignoring others. He also makes sure to introduce me to the other bartenders, who are also right there to check my drink or to make sure my food is ok. I highly recommend having a drink (and some excellent sushi) there. Awesome view too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
“Bar staff used to be good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We used to love The Wicked Tune. But the bar tender, Jayson Drake is horrible. I openly admit that I have never reviewed a place before but since Jayson started there I have to say my piece. The food is great... If you sit at a table, your service is good. (Though the kitchen is slower now). If you are at the bar and you are at least a cute girl, you get a quick drink if Jayson is working. If you are trying to have fun with your friends and certain bar tenders wants your attention, you can't get away from that #ssh@l#. My friends waited 20 min with out a drink. I never waited, but the bar tender gave me his number twice. I saw him talking to 3 cute girls and get them drinks, but he never noticed the full bar. After a year of my friends and family ogoing there, we will never go back... The food is great though

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere