“Poor customer service, mediocre food” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 111 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Poor customer service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My last, and I do mean last visit was an awful experience! I am a local and used to enjoy eating here. I stopped in for the country fried steak. I sat at the bar and had a beer while waiting for my to go order. The gentleman sitting next to me ordered the same meat about 5 minutes after I did. His food arrived before mine so he asked the bartender about my food. But she was more interested in sharing a cigarette with another patron. She eventually made her way into the kitchen to get my order. However when she came out with it she went back to her smoke break. All the while she was holding my food at such an angle that it all ran together in the to go box. It was I edible by the time I got it home just a short drive away. I told the owner about my experience as I was leaving and he seemed as if he could care less. I'm positive the bartender comped my beer but never told me she did so. As a former bartender I a always let my customers know if I comped something! I left her the 1 penny tip she deserved! I won't return!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Traveling USA
“Can you say frozen?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We just ate lunch there, hubby had special of the day, pulled pork. If it wasn't for the bbq sauce splashed across, there would have been no flavor at all. I pondered the country fried steak and asked if it was dipped in flour and then egg batter or just flour, response "it comes breaded". So I opted for wings and dynamite shrimp, shoulda known better. All from a bag and had to ask for more of Texas Petes hot sauce so I could eat the wings, shrimp were left in the basket all hard and gummy inside.

Visited April 2014
Algonquin Highlands, Canada
“Good home cookin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Entrees are all great! especially the fried chicken!!!! sides are good, especially the mashed sweet potato!!!, but the green beans are over cooked and soggy!
Decor is 50's diner with a black & white tile floor.....

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Restaurant Has Declined Significantly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Since I wrote my last review, the fried chicken is still the best, however, most of the food is no longer appealing or appetizing. I have personally observed both the owners, on multiple occasions, berating the staff in front of the patrons. I have to rescind my former high rating as I no longer can patronize this establishment.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cortland, Ohio
“"never again"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here, I ordered the shrimp alfredo. It had no flavor at all (like something was left out) and the noodles were like mush. When our waitress came back and asked us how our meals were, I told her mine was not good and why. Her answer was, "oh I am so sorry". She told the owner and she said she was going to talk with the person who made it. That's it, period. Never asked if I would like something else and no reduction on our bill. I ended up eating the shrimp out of it and left the rest. I have never done a review before, but this awful experience infuriated me! Told the waitress we would never come back. I would think you would want to make your customers happy. $13.95 right down the garbage! Never again Chelsea Jo's. This is one customer who will never come back.

• Visited December 2013