This Resort should not be an Interval Gold Resort because there units eventhough they said they have updated a couple of years ago needs a lot of updating the bathrooms are not luxurious and are dingy white and there was many marks on the wall and patched up fix up jobs that was so obvious as soon as you walk in. The cleaning service needs to pay attention to detail there was alot of dust and dirt that can be seen under the end tables and other furniture.
How can this Resort be on the same level as a Marriott/Westin or Hyatt??
These were smoke free units but they are able to smoke in the screen porch and due to the close proximity we could not enjoy the porch because it was too smokey for us and with Asthma that would not be good. The ground crew and maintenance people were constantly walking around smoking near entrances.
Why have a tidy up day? The tidy up day was very disappointing because they only made beds in one bedroom and did not even go into the second bedroom and left garbage and also left sofa pillows on the floor - this was a waste. I called the front desk and they were very nice and said they would send the maids back but I told her - It doesn't pay now I was very disappointed. Also the maids left the garbage bags in the hallway so we had to walk past all the garbage to get into our unit.
After reading the posts about the towels I put the towels in the wash and kept them in the dryer during the tidy up day and the maids left all new towels and we still had the ones we washed.
The pool was nice but there was no lifeguard which is Ok but there was no staff that was close by if there was any emergency or if there was something that needed to be done for the pool. We saw many babies go in the pool with no swim diapers and there was nobody there to enforce any rules and make sure the pool was safe for other swimmers.
The front desk/ concierge/activity director was very nice and helpful. They did not push their sales tours which was very nice.
They are very convenient to all great restaurants and activities. We loved the Huntington Beach and it was great to get the free pass for the week.
We recommend to go to eat dinner at Hasner House Family Restaurant in Pawley's Island - The staff is excellent and the food was very fresh and out of this world!! We ate here 2 nights they are kid friendly. We liked the Spring House for breakfast.
Seafare was very expensive even after the coupons that you get from the resort and the buffet was OK.
We actually liked Ryans Buffet and for Chinese Buffet we ate at Ocean Garden Buffet on Rt 17 Business in Surfside Beach they had a great selection and was very clean.
We didn't like Prossers they advertise BBQ but when we went for lunch the buffet is in the smoking section which was bad and then there was no BBQ- very disappointing.
We had a great vacation in South Carolina but would probably not stay at this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Festiva's Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East is located in the heart of the South Carolina low country. This former fishing village is home to pristine beaches and a number of magnificent golf courses and is the "Seafood Capital of South Carolina."eweThe resort is nestled in an oasis of moss-covered oaks along the Intercostal Waterway, offering guests a retreat from the high-rise buildings and congestion of the Grand Strand yet all of the glitz and glamour of Myrtle Beach is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellington At Wachesaw Plantation East Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel At Wachesaw East