This is a timeshare property and thus consists of 1 or 2 bedroom units with kitchens, dining areas, and living rooms. A 1 and 2 bedroom unit can be connected to make a 3 bedroom unit. There is a charge for daily cleaning and towel service if you want that but there were plenty of towels so it is not necessary, not to mention more eco-friendly. Each unit has a stacked washer dryer so you could wash your own for less than the charge. If you are staying a week there is one midweek service but we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door as we did not need the place cleaned and I did not want anyone coming in. Housekeeping ended up leaving a large bag of clean towels by our door which we did not use.
An earlier reviewer mentioned that there was no frying pan in the kitchen. We found it, and a pizza pan, in the oven of all places, instead of with the other pots. There are also no more bicycles to use.
There are large whirlpool tubs in the bathrooms and screened in porches. There are two outdoor pools and one indoor heated pool that was quite nice even though the outside temps were in the 40's and 50's. A nice golf course is on site and there is a fitness trail nearby with activity stations along it for a good workout. The property is not on the beach but you are given a pass for Huntington Beach State Park and Myrtle Beach State Park. You are close to the seafood restaurants of Murrell's Inlet but at least a 30 minute drive from the Dinner Shows and Theatres of Myrtle Beach.
For golf and seafood this is an ideal location. For beach and shows I would stay farther north, in Myrtle Beach, on the beachfront.
Now for the negatives. Check in is at 4pm and the lady at the front desk was emphatic about that, even though we arrived at 3:30pm. 30 minutes, really? She also was in a hurry because it was her quitting time. If check in is at 4 it makes no sense for front desk staff to be leaving then. I felt we got the bum's rush during check in and wonder if we were given all the information we should have.
It would have been nice to be provided with written driving directions to grocery stores, restaurants, etc. There is wireless internet but it was useless unless I literally stood at the front door. That was very frustrating as was the lack of a newspaper each day. There is absolutely no sound proofing so I strongly advise asking for a top floor unit. Our upstairs neighbors used their jacuzzi tub at all hours and opened and closed their sliding glass door to the porch at all hours also. You could also hear the golf attendants getting ready for the day very early in the morning.
Our unit had a fake fireplace but we could not use it as it was broken. The TV did not work at first either but regardless of the problem maintenance was there immediately and that was refreshing.
We sat through a timeshare talk for 2 tickets to Pirate Voyage Dinner Theatre. Depending on your point of view it was worth it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Festiva's Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East is located in the heart of the South Carolina low country. This former fishing village is home to pristine beaches and a number of magnificent golf courses and is the "Seafood Capital of South Carolina."eweThe resort is nestled in an oasis of moss-covered oaks along the Intercostal Waterway, offering guests a retreat from the high-rise buildings and congestion of the Grand Strand yet all of the glitz and glamour of Myrtle Beach is just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellington At Wachesaw Plantation East Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Ellington Hotel At Wachesaw East