“convenient, casual and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
South Glens Falls, New York
“convenient, casual and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We walked to River City for burgers..extremely casual establishment, peanuts on the table and peanut shells on the floor! Lots to look at....can't say it enough bit it is REALLY casual. I wondered if they left the shells on the floor and only occasionally swept them up...since we were some of the last customers of the night we witnessed the cleanup .... Impressive! They didn't just sweep the floor, they hosed down the kitchen area! We'll definitely go back just because it's clean! And for the REAL burgers.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

north carolina
“Good Funky Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Review here are right. The food is good and the portions are hearty. My veggie burger (called the Woodstock) was $7.99 with no sides. I had to scrape the pesto season off it since there was so much of it, but that might be a personal taste issue. My wife said her burger was outstanding. She brought half of it home. The décor is very different as you can see from the photo below. The server was pleasant and helpful. Somewhat strangely given all the positives, we won't rush back. In fact, my wife said this might be a place we would visit again in 6 - 12 months. We will be in that area for a week or so since her mother is in a nearby hospital, and we will try other places.

• Visited October 2013
Candler, North Carolina
“This location is now our favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We LOVE River City! We have been to a location in MB, Surfside Beach (our previous fav) and now this location in Murrell's Inlet. Murrell's Inlet is now our favorite location. We were promptly seated and given peanuts. Taylor, our waitress, was awesome and super friendly. Our burgers were great (we usually try a different one each time we go to RC). I got the shoe-string burger and my Husband got the Palmetto Burger with pimento cheese. I can't wait to go back to River City and eat more burgers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Believe everything you read in the reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

So, before visiting River City Cafe, we read the reviews on Trip Advisor. We prepared ourselves for three things. "Peanuts to shell and throw on the floor.", "Great burgers served by friendly waitresses.", "A wacko manager who thinks himself a comedian, but walks around offending.". Well we got all of that!

First. Yes, there are peanuts to shell and throw on the floor! Second, The burgers were FANTASTIC!, A fabulous variety, large and well appointed, excellently cooked. And the french fries, were some of the best I've had in a long time. They tasted like french fries are supposed to taste. Our waitress was excellent, attentive and friendly.

And yes, the "floor show: was there! (I really think he has the best of intentions), If you expect the worst, from this manager guy, you'll actually be amused." There's a chain called "Dirty Dicks" where you pay extra to have them insult you as part of the service. At River City in Murrells Inlet, there's no extra charge! We heard him lecture a scared little girl, on respecting her parents. We heard three senior ladies, get "propositioned" (after a few uncomfortable laughs, he moved on). Really, as long as you are prepared, it's a great show. My advice? Don't make eye contact." ;-)

I'm ranking it a "Very Good" on atmosphere. They've got TONS of character and atmosphere, license plates on the walls, ceiling, doors. They encourage you to write on the walls, tables, ceiling, just about any surface that doesn't move. (Except the sword fish!)

Highly recommended, we'll be back and I'll bring friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CT
“Fantastic, Creative Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had the California pesto burger. It was delicious and cooked perfectly. I think the best burger I've ever had. Walls are funky, decorated with license plates from all over which helps you kill time. The service was a little slow but we were in no rush. Yumm!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere