“This meal was a BIG WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bend, Oregon, United States
“This meal was a BIG WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had shrimp over fried green tomatoes - on a scale of 1 -10 it was a 9.5.
The special veal chop was the best veal chop I have ever had.
The wine list was great.
The special bread pudding was heavenly.
Go eat at Bliss - great fresh food done with a flair!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NY
“Blissfully Delicious....Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband & I were recently in the Myrtle Beach, NC area, a little get away to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first visit to Myrtle Beach, and most likely our last, The main drag overrun with excessively large, annoying, all too frequent, beach discount stores, is just not our cup of tea. However, we were given a tip by a fellow hotel guest about a great area to visit and dine. And, even better yet, she told us about Bliss. Murrel's Inlet, SC is not your typical commercial tourist trap, It is quaint, down to earth, and hosts some great restaurants and taverns. Bliss, in our opinion, has to lead that pack. Our informant termed it Fine Dining at a reasonable cost. It was definitely reasonable, but aside, it was fabulous. I had the filet with Gorgonzola, mushrooms (I can't remember the variety) and a lovely sauce served with asparagus and a potato leek tart, tender, tasty, deliciousness. My husband had the stuffed buffalo meatloaf, also very tasty and unique. Our meal started with something we had never had before, a roasted mini pumpkin filled with a vanilla risotto, topped by a poached lobster claw and set in a light pool of an apple cider reduction....PHENOMENAL!!!! The wine list is extensive, I prefer Red Zinfandel and if I remember right I had 3-4 to choose from, unusual for most restaurants, many don't even offer one Red Zin. Dessert was a death by chocolate cake of awesomeness. We were there during off season, so there was no wait. This is the kind of place for a quiet romantic dinner. It's not too pricey and the food and service were fantastic. We have eaten at restaurants from coast to coast, and internationally, I rate Bliss among the best of the best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I recently had dinner at Bliss. She had been there for lunch several times and was always pleased. We arrived at our reservation time and were seated promptly. Our server took some time to ask for drinks and bring bread. After we ordered we overheard another server introduce himself and offer specials to the folks at a nearby table. Our server did not introduce herself nor offer any specials of the day. She was not very attentive. I had the crab crusted grouper which was delicisous.
We were looking forward to a nice evening at an upscale restaurant but the server spoiled our time there. I do recommend the food. I don't know our server's name, but I would ask to be served by Tim. He even cleared our plates and enthusiastically offered us dessert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tarrytown, New York
“Bliss is a Miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I would always have Bliss on our list of go to restaurants when we were down here ( 4 - 5 trips a year), and would enjoy eating at the bar. We noticed the last several times that it wasn't as good as it used to be, but decided to give it another try. That was a mistake. The fried green tomato salad was disappointing. The salad was overdressed, and the tomatoes were fried to an almost black char. I ordered the braised short ribs, and after taking one bite, I had to send it back because it was so heavily salted. I declined another entry, and skipped the desert. The most alarming item, was that the bartender was not surprised when I told her how salty it was! She acknowledged that she gets that complaint a lot, and when she tells the chef, he doesn't care, and just keeps loading on the salt. In my experience, oversalting happens to disguise below par cooking. Ignoring the complaints of customers is a major mistake. I think this restaurant has been living on its laurels for the last several years and is taking a lot for granted. The reality is that Bliss is on a death march, and will inevitably close down unless it starts paying attention, and remember what got them all the nice reviews to begin with. Afterall, there are plenty of other good restaurants in Murrels Inlet!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sanford, Michigan
“Too good to pass by”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had read about Bliss on Travel Advisor and had reservations for March but had to cancel. On our next trip we decided to try again and we're glad we did. Went early evening on Thursday and the restaurant was empty. After having a fabulous dinner we have decided that most of the Americans eating out do not know how to enjoy an excellent dining experience. Randall, our waiter, was knowledgeable and guided us to fabulous choices. I had the pear and walnut salad, served with a chilled fork. Randall brought an extra plate and fork for my husband which was greatly appreciated since the salad was large enough to share. I had the duck, superb! Husband had the pasta and seafood special which was yummy and a huge portion. We definitely will return on our next vacation and tell everyone to try this understated chef driven restaurant.

• Visited September 2013