“Top Notch Place to Stay - Would love to stay again” 5 of 5 stars

The Inlet Sports Lodge
4600 Business Highway 17, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Murrells Inlet
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Top Notch Place to Stay - Would love to stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just had a great weekend staying at The Sports Lodge for a wedding event. The property is great, rooms are up to date and the place has everything you need. The hotel staff is fantastic and really make it a great experience. Large corporate chains could learn something from a few night stay with these guys.

If you have a small event, I'd recommend the hotel as it has a great layout, courtyard and adjacent bar.

Thank you.

Room Tip: We checked out 3 rooms and all seemed identical, up to date and done very week.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MicheleGrzelak, General Manager at The Inlet Sports Lodge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Inlet Sports Lodge we look forward to hopefully having you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Myrtle Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I disliked this hotel not for its cleanliness but its noisiness. We have both stayed in our share of hotels to know what a normal noise level is and what isn't. We arrived at the Hotel at 11:30 at night and went to the room 309, we could hear everything such as the TV volume, people talking, etc. After arriving in the room, I quickly went down to ask hotel clerk if they had another room. He said they did not have another room, he then called the room and asked them to turn down the TV. When I went back to the room the TV volume was not turn down and the people talking could still be heard, after a long day and needing sleep we decided to just go home. The problem with these rooms is that it has laminate flooring and if you have an adjoining room next to you everything can be heard as everything echoes, even a mouse fart.

We spoke with Michele Grzelak the resort manager and she was not willing to offer us a refund as we had to leave that night due to the noise levels. Anyways, if sleep is important to you I would not stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MicheleGrzelak, General Manager at The Inlet Sports Lodge, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Traveler,

As always we appreciate all input from our guests whether good or bad. In all fairness to the lodge I would like to comment on your review.

We do our best to accommodate all guests but can't control all actions of other guests. In this situation the guest next to you were given a courtesy call to please turn down their television and per our Assistant Resort Manager they did accommodate our request without hesitation. He also went up to the hallway that your room was on per your request to listen for the noise you were reporting and verified that the noise was non-existent after they had turned down their television.

One clarification I would like to make is that our rooms do not have laminate flooring they do indeed have real hardwood pine flooring. If you were hearing an excessive amount of noise from the room next door then flooring would not be an issue. We were 99% full that night and there were no other noise complaints that night at all.

I also wanted to clarify that noise is not a typical complaint here at the lodge and when a noise issue does arise because of other guests our staff follows a procedure to ensure the issue is handled and no more guests are inconvenienced.

One more mention, you had requested to be on the front side of the building and those particular room types are our adjoining Luxury Suites. I would like to offer you a free night stay to come back as our guest and stay in another room on another side of the building and give us a second chance.

Please contact me directly if you would like to give us another try.
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose to stay here based on the great reviews, and felt we should pass on our experience to others as well. Rooms are clean and well appointed efficiencies; loved having a full size fridge, and the ability to heat up leftovers from the wonderful nearby seafood restaurants.
The location couldn't be better, close to the action of the Marshwalk, but quiet for sleeping ( ask for a room facing the courtyard or the back of the building). Pool area is small but it was fun to hang out there a bit after touring and beaching all day.
Continental breakfast is fresh bagels, English muffins, fruit and such. Just enough to start your day.
Staff was friendly and although this is also a timeshare property, they never bug you to purchase.
The price is reasonable for the area, and they offer some great specials.
Will definitely stay here again on future visits to the area!

• Stayed August 2013
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here August 13-18, 2013. It was the best stay at a hotel that we have ever had. The staff was very friendly and the room was perfect size for the 4 of us. Everything was clean and fresh smelling in the room. House Keeping was awesome to. We needed extra towels and wash cloths and she didn't blow us off like a lot of house keeping people have. The staff was great when it came to giving us advice as to the best places to eat and visit (we haven't been to SC in 4 years). They all had the best sense of humors. The pool was good enough for my teen girls and it was nice just to sit and relax for the hubby and I. The onsite restaurant was ok. I thought it was a bit pricing and high class but the lava cake was the bomb. I think maybe if it was a bar and grill type place it would be much better.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Murrells Inlet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Staad, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We travel the States for a month every year (for about 25 yrs.) and average about 12 inns, etc a year, so we know a good thing when we see it. This place has it all! We spent double in Hilton Head, and were bitterly disappointed. Inlet Sports Lodge more than made up for it. It's clean, spacious, practical, and they supply you with everything in the room. The front desk supplied us with all the information we needed on the area, and even sold us tickets to Brookgreen Gardens at a discount rate. They also have the best restaurant, with the appropriate name of Bliss nextdoor, you must go here. The widows walk in the evening is wonderful. The pool is small, but heck, we got to cool off (at least they have a pool).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MicheleGrzelak, General Manager at The Inlet Sports Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It is so nice when we receive such positive reviews especially from such seasoned travelers! We hope to be one of your stops when you do return and thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I do not understand the negative things that I saw on here. What little negatives I read before my stay made me apprehensive and set my expectations low, but the rate was too attractive to say "no" to on short notice (booked on a wednesday, showed up on a friday). The suite was great with a king bed, full fridge that was promptly filled with leftovers from our lunch we had after shopping at the outlets. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower was amazing (4 body jets to go along with the shower head lead to me taking 5 showers in less than 48 hours), and after drying off it was great relaxing in the bathrobes that were provided in the closets. The AC worked well also, getting the room to the perfect cold temperature to help my girlfriend and I want to snuggle together to stay warm after a day of shopping or a day spent at nearby Garden City Beach. While Murrells Inlet is certainly out of the way, you can find more than enough to keep you on that side of town if you are there for a weekend. We definitely plan to return. Everyone on staff was excellent, from manager to desk clerk to housekeeping.

Room Tip: Not sure of a bad room. First floor would probably be easier since I was not aware of a stairwell a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We can't thank you enough for giving us a try even though you were apprehensive and we hope to see you again soon thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review!
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just spent an amazing weekend with a great set of friends here at the Inlet Sports Lodge. It was a quick getaway, but we loved every minute of it. The facility was clean and very tasteful with some wonderful details that you are not going to find at regular hotels. The staff was friendly and sweet!! The rooms have a great amount of space so you do not feel cramped. The kitchen was stocked with the basic needs so if you were staying longer you could buy some groceries and not eat out every night. It would be an awesome place to have a reunion or gathering, there is a courtyard with huge bar and grill for you to use. Yes, the beds are pushed together to make a king if that is your preference but we slept fine. The bathroom sink is high so washing your face or brushing your teeth can be a little challenging if you are small in stature like myself. I would like to see a full length mirror be added in the bathroom or somewhere, I like to see if my shoes match my outfit and I don't always trust my husband's opinion. They also have a restaurant that is off to the side called Bliss. I had expected it to be a burger joint because it is a small, more sport oriented hotel but to much of my surprise it was an upscale, fantastic eatery. The four of us sat at the bar and had dinner. It was delicious, pricey but you get what you pay for. The bartender, Karen was fun and poured a stiff drink. Definitely would stay here again in a skinny minute!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inlet Sports Lodge? Share your experiences!