“Unexpected delight!” 5 of 5 stars

4906 Hwy 17 Business, South end of Business 17, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
+1 843-651-0553
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We are located at the south end of Business 17 across the street from Hot Fish Club and Nance's. GPS's may or may not find us. Call for directions. We do not take reservations and we are NOT open for Lunch
“Unexpected delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011 via mobile

Best hush puppies in S.C. Fish cooked and flavored with skill. Slaw as it should taste. A must treat when you are in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Asheville, North Carolina
“Russells - Always a Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I love this place. Used to come to Litchfield annually with a group from work, and my boss always made sure we got over to Murrells Inlet to Russells. Sadly, those work retreats have become history, but I really came to love this restaurant and try to stop here whenever I'm in the area. Russell's is a great experience from the moment you walk up the wooden steps toward the tiki torches flickering on the porch. More often than not, Russell opens the door for you at the top of the stairs, as he did tonight, welcoming us to his place. I love the cozy, relaxed interior, and always feel at home here no matter how long I've been gone.
Tonight I had one of the specials - pan-seared grouper with a bacon-scallion-red pepper sauce - YUM!!! The other member of my party got the catch of the day, mahi, grilled. It was also scrumptious. Both were in the $25 range. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without hovering. We ate so much we couldn't do dessert, but the selections sounded tempting - Bailey's irish creme cheesecake? Wow. Maybe another night. We departed full and happy. Russell was at the bar, but came over when he saw us leaving to ask how our meal was and to wish us a good night.. He remembered my boss and the group of us that used to invade every spring. Geesh, how many people must come through this place in a year? A restaurant owner with a good memory always impresses me! :) Visit Russells if you get a chance - you won't be sorry.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greer, South Carolina
“Good,Honest, Fresh Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Good seafood at a reasonable price. Good service. Not a fancy place , but comfortable. Like visiting an old friend.Met Russell. He stops by to make sure everthing is right. If it is not and you don't speak up it's your fault.He gives you every opportunity to make a complaint if needed.Russell wants you happy and appreciates the business. It is obvious. Can tell by the way he talks to you.Was there on a Saturday night. No wait(we came early). I had a nice piece of grouper topped with a lite sauce filled with shrimp and scallops with the cheesy potatoes. Wonderful meal. Too pretty to eat.Looked at it a minute and jumped in.Daughter had the scallops.Cooked to perfection. Wife had deviled crap and shrimp. Again no complaints. Good sea food cooked the local way. Why go anywhere else.

• Visited May 2011
Philadelphia
“We look forward to eating here every trip to Pawleys Island/Murrells Inlet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We (myself and 11 other golf pal's) had the pleasure of dinig at Russell's on Monday April 11th, 2011. It has become a tradition that we wrap up our annual spring golf trip with dinner at Russell's. The service is warm and friendly and the food is outstanding. We waited awile to be seated - no surprise when you need a table for 12 - and had adult beverages on the deck. Once inside, the specials were carefully explained by our waitress (whose name I have unfortunatley forgotten - she was great) and our orders were quickly taken. The food that followed was top notch! The deviled crab platter is my favorite. Russell was in the house and stopped by a couple of times to make sure everything was ok. My only regret is that I don't get to Murrells Inlet more often. See you next year.

• Visited April 2011
Wilmington
“Only thing better than the food (which was fabulous!) was the service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We (me, my husband and two kids) were almost home, but needed a break so we stopped in for a couple appetizers. We immediately enjoyed the atmosphere. Our waitress, Sandra, was right on cue. She didn't just acknowledge the kids, she made them feel important. After she described the seafood platter, we decided to stay for dinner. The meal was hot and delicious. Sandra was right there with drinks but didn't make us feel rushed. She seemed to honestly enjoy what she was doing, which made us enjoy our stay even more. Thank you Russell and Sandra!

• Visited April 2011