“Nice golf course” 4 of 5 stars

866-952-5555
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered by those who play here to be a "thinking man's" course: grip-it and rip-it for the green, or play it safe - it's up to you.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
“Nice golf course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Nice golf course and well maintained! Very helpful staff!

Pearl River, New York
“Very poor treatment as a single player with a Prime Time Membership!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I made a tee time at Blackmoor Golf Course via my Prime Time membership, 48 hours prior as per their requirements and my time was given away to others. A group had 2 threesomes and I was added to one of the threesomes as a fourth but they added two more players (last minute) and my tee time was given away. I found some of the Blackmoor staff bungling, the Pro shop staff unsympathetic and seeking redress from Prime Time, a rep laughed and said have a nice day. Perhaps the greens fees were higher for the others then what they would have receive from me. I declined their offer of a free nine hole round, I have higher standards, perhaps they should raise theirs!

Binghamton, NY
14 attraction reviews
“Nice course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We got a good rate to play this Gary Player course and were not disappointed. Beware of the alligators on the pond holes. i walked right past two of them without realizing it.

N.C.
19 attraction reviews
“PERFECT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Besides being in fabulous condition, including overseeded green and beautiful fairways, tee boxes and greens this is a great layout. Gary Player designed a great course for everyone. This course lets kids play free with each paying adult on a one to one basis. My two 11 year old sons played with I and a friend for free. We were treated nicely and the staff was extremely nice. The price was low this time of year but the course again was in pristine condittion for middle of winter. You must play this gem located beside TPC Myrtle Beach.

Visited December 2011
North Bay, On
6 attraction reviews
“Always Enjoy Blackmoor and My Wife Played it for the First Time and was Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Blackmoor keeps getting better. Played two rounds there last week, the first with my wife and the second with 3 others. Great reception at Bag Drop and very friendly Pro Shop, got a nice discount for the second round. Played in 4 hours and 5 minutes both days and course was relatively busy. Fairways and tees in great shape. Front 9 is straightforward but the back 9 has more doglegs (7 out of 8 doglegs are right handers). One split fairway is fun. Greens were fast but our groups found them difficult to putt because of the subtle breaks near the hole. Greens are relatively small and flat except for #11. I consider myself a good putter but only made one or two beyond 10'. No visible yardage markers on the course, everything is marked on sprinkler heads or plaques in ground. Slows up play somewhat but more of a classic look.

I found the heavy rough on the right side of #18 to be a bit hazardous due to stumps, etc. and i e-mailed the Club. A few days later I had a very appreciative letter from the Course Superintendent advising that the situation was being cleared up that very day. How often does that happen? Thank you Jay, very professional of you.

My two sons played there with me about 15 years ago and that was one of their favourite courses in MB and they were pleased to hear it was still a top notch course.

You'll benefit from having a GPS to find the course although it's not difficult. If you play 4 rounds at Blackmoor and their associated courses you'll get a 5th round free.

My wife really enjoyed the forward tees, Blackmoor is in the TOP 100 for women friendly courses.

Visited December 2011