“Lovely restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Haslett, Michigan
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This restaurant has the best atmosphere: very pretty decorations, light and airy, comfortable seating, and even has birds singing from cages located on an upper level. Kind of like visiting your grandmother on a really good day. We went for breakfast and loved the food. The large menu offers a ton of selection; we had an amazing cream cheese stuffed french toast, lobster omelet, and an egg and spinach wrap. All were quite delicious, and far better food than you could ever expect to get at a Waffle House. The service was excellent. My husband and I each had our own pots of coffee. We will definitely go back to this restaurant. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Disappointing Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

While vacationing in the area, we were headed to Waffle House and noticed a nearby restaurant (Spring House) that had a large number of cars in the parking lot. Figuring that it must be good based on the crowd, we decided to eat there rather than the Waffle House. This was a big mistake. Our server was almost surly, and after bringing our food (and the check with it) she never came back to check on us the entire meal. We both ordered breakfast (served until 2:00 each day when the restaurant closes), and our meals were not good. I was unable to order cheese eggs (like Waffle House) because it would "make the griddle dirty", so we all went with eggs, bacon, home fries or hash browns, and toast. The food was not cooked as ordered and some of it was burnt. I would rate this a notch below Shoney's/Big Boy restaurants and would not recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Good food poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always make sure we stop here while on vacation. My husband loves the crab eggs benedict. I ordered the"pecan" waffle. I asked if the pecan were actually in the battery and was told yes. Well guys what.....they weren't. They were just sprinkled on top. I was quiet annoyed when I received my breakfast. Not too mention it took forever for the food to come out. My husband also ordered chocolate chip pancakes which never arrived and he had to "remind" the waitress about the order. I am pretty sure she forgot to put the order in all together. When she did, she charged us for a chocolate chip waffle which was more. The good overall was good but the service was lacking.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food. Great service. Decor a bit old.Very nice wait staff. Very attentive. Delicious breakfast.

Visited October 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Give It A Try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have had breakfast here (very good and tasty) and also a lunch with gyro and Greek salad. Very friendly hostess and staff. They do everything possible to make sure you are pleased and feel welcome. Always enjoy returning when I am in the area. Open for breakfast and lunch only.

Visited October 2013