“Local treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Art Museums, Gardens, Outdoors
Activities: Picnicking
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful 9,170-acre green park located 16 miles south of Myrtle Beach.
Conway, South Carolina, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Local treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

A truly magical place. Anna Hyatt Huntington's sculpture gallery. The ticket is good for several days, and you may need them. Lots to see and do. A relic of days gone by.

Visited November 2011

“My father and mother went and want stop talking about it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

It seems as thought this is the place to check out if the beach is not where you want to be. My father had a great time and will not stop talking about it. Evidently the tickets are good for about 6 days. They went back twice. Gardens, butterflies, otters at play, birds...... I did not go. It seemed like a lot of chasing my two year old twins around.

Hayesville, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“Great place to visit over the week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I finally got to the Gardens after three visits to Pawley's Island. I wish that I had gone earlier in the week. Your entrance ticket is good for seven day. I took one of the tours, which cost an additional $7, but we had an excellent tour driver and it was very educational. I plan to go back and check out the zoo( free with entrance) and the butterfly house(also an additional cost). I enjoyed their gift shop and the statues in the garden are just amazing. I think going early and seeing a bit each day would be the best way to visit such a large place. There are activities going on all during the day so it will take a good bit of time to see it all. I definitely will come back.

“A MUST SEE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Brookgreen Gardens is a must see!! Beautiful place for the family(all ages). The weeping trees,and the flowers are the most beautiful things you could imagine. You can also take a cruise aroind what use to be the Rice Fields and learn a little Black History about Slavery(INTERESTING). There is also a small Zoo,fun for the kids....and the kid at heart:). And don,t forget to visit the Butterfly House....A lot to do for the kids too!! Cost a small fee..but you can use your admission ticket for 7 days WOW!!! GREAT DEAL!!!

SC
23 attraction reviews
“Lovely gardens with sculpture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently spent the better part of two days at this lovely, peaceful garden. We especially loved the way the sculpture was placed among the water features and different garden areas. If we lived closer, we would become members so we could come often to enjoy it. We were welcomed by a staff member who explained the best way to tour and gave us a copy of the schedule of events and an additional walking tour map. All staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful.