“Poor Management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of salt water creek

salt water creek
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Rochester, New York
“Poor Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently visited SWC for an early dinner on what seemed to be a busy Saturday afternoon and throughout my meal which was exceptionally good, there were 3 and I mean THREE instances of employees being unprofessional arguing who's turn it is to take the next table, another time was a pregnant one being very disrespectful to a sweet young brunette girl, and then another situation that was unclear but you could hear the employees in the back. ALL 3 instances were loud enough for the other customers to hear and I noticed the looks on everyone's faces about how unprofessional it was. Where is the supervision? Luckily the food is good enough to keep customers returning but I don't know how much longer that can keep working since this is not the first time I have experienced this at SWC. Also, I am not sure if their is a bar manager or if someone is specifically over the bar but as I had a drink waiting for my friends to join, the bar area was DISGUSTING! The shelves are made of mirrors and you can see the layer of dust on each one and the rings from the glassware, fingerprints all over the wine cooler, fruit and product laying everywhere...looks like the bar area needs some serious attention and a full deep clean which should be part of the bars breakdown daily if not once a week...food for thought. I would hate to see one of my favorite restaurants go down hill.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kwmakj, Owner at salt water creek, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am very sorry your experience here on the Saturday mentioned was not up to our standards. I will certainly make sure this is an exception and not our normal business practice. Please except my apology and know your comments did not fall on closed ears.

Pinehurst
“SWC is our new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although we have been visiting Pawley's Island for 10+ years, this was our first visit to Salt Water Creek. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all outstanding. Wide variety of dishes, fair prices, and plentiful helpings. Our server, John was most helpful, but not intrusive. He was also totally honest when my parents accidentally gave him $20 cash too much for the bill. He returned it to them - something many servers would not have taken the time to do. We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
kwmakj, Owner at salt water creek, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about Salt Water Creek Cafe. I will pass along your comments about John with a big thank you from me.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Always a good meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We enjoyed dinner at SWC recently. It was a cool day and the woodburning fireplace was ablaze. We had salmon whch was cooked to perfection not overcooked but it had a tastly crispy coating.. We substituted the rice for a baked potato which wasn't a problem. Our waitress, Kate was very friendly and very prompt. This restaurant has nice decor which includes great ocean photography hanging on the walls. We have been to this restaurant seveal times and it is always a good mea!

• Visited January 2013
kwmakj, Owner at salt water creek, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the repeat business!!! Look forward to your next return.
pa
“Nice Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has something for everyone. Service is excellent and the restaurant is clean. Nice happy hours during the week.

kwmakj, Owner at salt water creek, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We are always trying to be the best at what we do.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Cozy Atmosphere - Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family ate here the weekend after Christmas. The atmosphere was very cozy and inviting. It was chilly outside so they had a fire burning in the fireplace which is in the middle of the restaurant which was very nice. The menu has a nice variety. I had grilled shrimp over angel hair pasta which was delicious - good size shrimp and a large enough portion that I had enough for lunch the next day. My daughter had the chicken BLT wrap which she said was very good and my dad had a seafood platter with shrimp and oysters. They also serve homemade bread before and/or during your meal which was excellent. We were too full after dinner to have dessert. It took a bit longer than we would have liked to have gotten our food but it was Friday night and the restaurant was full with a few folks waiting, so it was understandable. The waitress was very attentive even though she was extremely busy. Prices are reasonable for the area. Would definitely go back!

• Visited December 2012
kwmakj, Owner at salt water creek, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for your posting your experience. We appreciate it.