“OK ... If You Like Your Food Well Done” 3 of 5 stars

843-651-3222
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“OK ... If You Like Your Food Well Done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The dining area is very rustic. Our table was an antique given the fact that the shellac on top was so old it was sticky. The wine list is Ho-Hum with no real stand outs. We started with a crab cake. It was served with a Remoulade that had a different taste to it. Not what I expected, but the cake cake had very little filler. My bride ordered the Saratoga Rib-Eye covered with garlic and Parmesean. She ordered it red in the center, but not cold. We would call that medium rare, but explained it to the server since many people have different definitions. It came out medium well. I ordered the Blackened Grouper. The blackening was very spicy as it should be, but the fish was way overcooked. Don't think we will go again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, CA
“Horrible….skip it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The diners who gave recent reviews must have been dining in a parallel universe because Twelve is nothing less than horrible. We walked in and there wasn't a host/hostess and it took the bartender about five minutes before he said he could seat us. He explained they were "short-staffed" (on a Saturday night at 7:30!?) We should have left but we met another local who said this was a great find so we wanted to try it. As we walked past several tables of miss-matched furniture with vinyl tablecloths we noticed that a majority of the tables were not bussed and left dirty from past patrons. The bartender wanted to seat us next to the kitchen where no one else was sitting….the reason being these were the only clean tables. I asked if we could sit in the main dining area and he looked perplexed. He said it would be a few minutes to have a table set and offered us a drink on the house. It took us another five minutes to be seated and we should have left at that point. Our waitress, Jessica, came over to greet us and take our order. She noted the specials and mentioned that the salmon came in fresh that day so it would be great. We ordered the salmon ($21) and the blackened shrimp penne pasta ($19) along with the calamari appetizer ($13). Included in our meal was a salad (diner-style) including unripened chunks of tomatoes, purple onion and about six pieces of carrot. The salad dressing was served in a cheesy little aluminum serving dish stuffed into the side….something you would see at a pizzeria. We had bread plates on the table but we never saw a roll or were offered bread. Jessica returned to our table to let us know they were out of salmon. She suggested the grouper instead…..$7 more than the salmon. We ordered the ribeye special instead with mashed potatoes and green beans. The calamari appetizer was over-cooked and the sauce was straight out of a jar. After the appetizer was picked up Jessica was back lamenting more bad news. She sat down in a chair and reported there were no mashed potatoes. Again, we should have left. Any restaurant worth its salt would have plenty of mashed potatoes or would make more. But we persevered…our food arrived. The steak was served without a steak knife and I had to search tables for clean utensils. The penne pasta consisted of a large bowl of salty greasy pasta with chunks of artichoke hearts and the ribeye was way past done. We choked down a small portion of extremely overpriced food and then waited for another 10 minutes to find Jessica for the check (which was delivered with all three entrees still listed on it….ALWAYS check your bill.) The only thing that saved the dinner was the company.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newmarket, Canada
“Surprisingly great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We found this small Restaurant in a small strip mall, and were very surprised by a great reception at the front, and great food and service, as well as reasonable prices. The owner/chef came over to see if all was well too, and shared some of his recipes with us. If you are in this area, and are looking for great intimate dining, and food this is the spot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sanford, Michigan
“Diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was anxious to try this restaurant. The restaurant was empty and that always make us nervous. The hostess was very pleasant but the waitress, Jessica was not very knowledgeable about the menu. I felt I knew more about it than she did. The house chardonnay was lukewarm and the dinner roll was BORING. The house salad was okay but nothing special. Husband ordered salmon that he loved. I had flat iron steak with beans and steamed broccoli that was excellent. All in all, the main courses were excellent, everything else was fair. I rated it very good because the entrees were excellent. They have been in business since 2008 and with the quality of food I'm surprised they aren't busier.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Twelve "Fantastic"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped by and had dinner for the first time.My experience at Twelve was wonderful. The service was great the dining was the best I have ever had. The food was out of this world I have had food in expensive places with the best of chefs.I'm telling you if you like fine dining and reasonable prices go check them out. I know I will be back many times and you will to.The best kept secret in Myrtle Beach..The best chef around with fresh dishes prepared as orderd outstanding is all I can say.Please try it you will love it and enjoy your visit while your there beautiful atmosphere. If you play piano they have to play for family and friends or even co-workers you will love it.

• Visited July 2013