**The only exception is the lady in the morning that covers the breakfast area. First class all the way, and Southern charm at it's best.
The hotel has been recently updated - so that's a plus, but the rooms with two double beds are just that - DOUBLES! If you are traveling with significant other, be ready to cozy up! Most Holiday Inn's and HIE's are Queens. Not sure what happened here.
The hot water must come from the Cracker Barrell next door, you literally must leave the water spigot open for a couple of minutes before you get a drop of hot water. I just can't imagine the water wasted at this hotel for that reason alone. (We were on the 2nd floor - no excuse for that!!) The bathrooms really leave you shaking your head. There is barely enough clearance to open the door past the toliet, and there is no air movement in the bathroom or an exhaust fan. When you take a shower, the mirror is instantly fogged up and almost impossible for a woman to do make up and hair if someone else needs to take a shower.... well that and the fact you both won't fit in the bathroom at the same time.
I was not impressed, we literally left a day early and took our chances with a walk in rate at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murrells Inlet is located in the heart of Murrells Inlet, convenient to Litchfield, Surfside Beach, Pawleys Island and just 12 miles from Myrtle Beach. Murrells Inlet offers great dining, entertainment, attractions and everything under the sun to make your vacation, event or business trip fun and memorable. You'll be amazed at the Hidden treasures located within minutes of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel and the Murrells Inlet area: Huntington State Park: Just 4 miles away and filled with adventures for adults and children of all ages at this amazing park. Enjoy the beach, bird sanctuary, sea turtles, seas oats, deep sea fishing, a sight seeing, bike trail or dinner cruise. Get back to nature and don t miss the education center featuring a saltwater tank, live baby alligators and more. Brookgreen Garden Plantation & Gardens: Enjoy the castle, animals, hand made sculptures, take a boat tour of rice patties and the gardens are spectacular. Ocean Sightseeing & Dolphin Watch: Enjoy the ocean sightseeing, kayaking, deep sea fishing, boat rentals, Jet Ski s or take a sight seeing tour or dinner cruise. Just twelve miles away you will find all the wonders of Myrtle Beach, including the FREEstyle Music Park, Broadway at the Beach, entertainment, dinner theaters, night life, golf, beaches and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet Hotel Murrells Inlet
- Holiday Inn Murrells Inlet
- Murrells Inlet Holiday Inn