“Very nice stay and location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant

You added Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“Very nice stay and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Quietest hotel stay ever and the place was booked full! I am a clean freak and found the room clean and comfortable. I must say the location is fantastic, close to the best beaches and attractions. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly during our 5 night stay. The area seems very safe and non threading. Overall great stay/ value. Thanks Holiday inn!

• Stayed June 2013
Management250, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Charleston/Mount Pleasant. We appreciate hearing from our Guests. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel and the Charleston area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I had the worst stay ever at this hotel.

1 - the room keys lose the coding after 2 mins. When we checked in the front desk couldn't even get the keys to code properly. Someone from the front desk had to walk us up to our to let us in the very first time. My parents room had to be changed because the lock on their door battery died. We were here for 3 days and each days we had to have new keys made multiple times.

2 - For the first day we were there the 2nd floor elevator would not work.

3 - pool was cloudy with debris.

4 - lobby is very warm

5 - had a huge cockroach in my room on the final night if our stay.

On the first night I sent an email to the general manager from a card the front desk gave me explaining all of this. No response has been received.

• Stayed June 2013
We appreciate your review and letting us know what you experienced as a Guest at our hotel. I am sorry that you experienced these problems during your stay. We are always working to make every Guest have the best stay at our hotel and your feedback helps us know where we can immprove our Guest's experience. We would love to have you and your family stay with us again in the future and look forward to seeing you at that time.
Miami, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I arrived at my hotel at 11:00 PM, and there was a sign at the reception desk stating that the attendant would be right back. I stayed up there for 15 minutes and no one showed up. Finally a maintenance person came to the desk and saw that I was waiting and asked how long I had been doing so. When I told him, he went in search of the attendant. When she finally showed up, there were no apologies, no smiles and no conversation. She simply launched into her diatribe about needing my CC, DL and registration number. She gave me a key card and sent me on my way. This was the worse reception I have ever received at a hotel Compared to the people of SC who were warm and inviting, this young lady was rude and uninviting. I don't think I will stay here again. A shame because I thought the chain had a good reputation. All I am saying is if you can't make the customer feel welcomed, then why are you in the hospitality industry?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review about the reception you received at check in at our hotel. This is not the type of Guest Service that we strive to give to each of our Guests. I want to apologize on behalf of our staff for the service you did not receive. The service you encountered has been addressed and will not be demonstrtated at our Guest Service area at Front Desk. We value our Guests and would like the opportunity to have you as our Guest when you next visit the Mount Pleasant/Charleston area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed four days for our 2nd anniversary. The staff was wonderful, we had a king size bed and the room was very spacious and CLEAN which is so important to us. The only negative comment I have is that the water would not get warm. I took cold to Lukewarm showers so that wasn't to enjoyable. I never addressed the issue to the staff so I'm not sure if that issue could have been resolved.
Great Hotel for the price!! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Management250, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your wife had a pleasant 2nd Anniversary in the Charleston area. I have discussed the problem you encountered with the water temperature in the shower with my head Engineer. Thank you for letting me know about this problem during your stay. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel and the Lowcountry.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend. I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, located next to this hotel, two years ago for Labor Day. Comparing the two, the downsides of this hotel is that it's older than the Express and that it doesn't offer a free breakfast like the Express does. However, the room was clean, the staff was responsive, and there is a restaurant that serves food if you would like to eat the hotel. Other positives about the hotel are that it offers free wireless internet access, free parking, a pool, and a fitness center. I didn't use the pool or fitness center, but they both look fine, although a bit small.

The hotel is located immediately over the bridge from Charleston, so it's really convenient to get to. Across the street is a Harris Teeter that's open 24 hours a day, which was helpful when we wanted to buy snack bars and water at reasonable prices. It's also a good destination for runners who want to run over the bridge.

Overall, for the price I paid for a holiday weekend (done through Priceline), it was a decent hotel and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Charleston/Mount Pleasant. We always strive to make the Guest experience the best. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family stayed at this Holiday Inn in Mount Pleasant and enjoyed our stay. Our room was great on the 5th floor with 2 beds, refrigerator and microwave. The pool area was large with space for my children to throw their beach balls around away from the area everyone was sitting.

The staff were very friendly at check in and greeted us every time we passed through the lobby. They helped us with reservation for tours and restaurants and showed us how to use the automated concierge in the lobby where we were able to purchase tour tickets. This was great because we did not have to stand in line to buy tickets for the Fort Sumter Tour or at the Yorktown.

The restaurant breakfast was great and our children especially liked the pancakes. I had the buffet one morning but enjoyed the omelets the most. We did have a drink in the bar one night while our kids enjoyed chicken fingers after a long day at the IOP Beach.

I would recommend this hotel that is so close to everything in Mount Pleasant and in downtown Charleston. Downtown is so congested with traffic it was great to be outside that area and take a taxi into downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor that has the refrigerator and microwave.