“Terry F” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Mount Pleasant
Savannah, Georgia
“Terry F”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stay at this Hotel when I am in Charleston on business. The personel at this hotel is above what you expect. I feel so at home. Everyone on staff never fails, when they see you to say good morning or afternoon. Abigail; who works at the front desk; is tops in customer service and satisfaction. She gets the manager of the year award in my book, heads above everywhere else I stay.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for its convenience to downtown and its low price. We only stayed one night. I was surprised to find out that this hotel did not include continental breakfast, especially because many of the nearby hotels do. My wife and I were given a room with two double beds instead of one larger bed. When I asked for a room change, they said they were all full. Mattresses are very hard and uncomfortable. Room was very clean and well stocked, however. We were glad to not hear much of the road noise, as the hotel sits right next to Highway 17. Good place to stay if you want to be near downtown Charleston but not pay the high price tag. Surrounding hotels are much nicer and you get more bang for your buck.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Colarestaurantfan,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Walnut Cove, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last minute decision to get away for a few days. No reservations. Picked this hotel for convenience and rates. Check-in staff very friendly and made decision to stay at hotel an easy one. Room clean and comfortable. Housekeeping staff efficient and friendly. Breakfast buffet very good with a variety of choices. Restaurant staff excellent when encountered with abundance of people due to multiple basketball teams staying at the hotel. Was unaware that hotel was pet friendly and somewhat disappointed in that. Also seemed that fifth floor must have been the "pet" floor because everybody but us had dogs. Would have liked to have known that. Otherwise, a good, clean place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while I looked for a furnished apartment in the area. My belongings were packed in my car and this hotel was in a safe an secure area. Although road construction made entering and exiting a little confusing the hotel is in a convenient location to downtown without the downtown prices. The room was clean and comfortable and the property allows dogs with a designated dog area outside. The hotel bar service was friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Booked my visit on Priceline.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Union, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I come to this several times a year for business and pleasure. I've never had a bad stay, the hotel staff from house keeping and the front desk to the restaurant, sales department, and hotel managment has always been very helpful and attentive to every guests need. I will continue to stay at this hotel and other Priority Club Properties.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room at this property. The even room numbers overlook the pool while the odd...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Abigail L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Mike S,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. I will be sharing this with our entire staff and I am sure they will feel the same way.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family took a trip to Charleston a few weeks ago and we had a great time in the city. We were in Charleston looking at the college for my daughter. Coming from NYC Charleston was exactly what we needed for a little getaway. We decided to stay at Holiday Inn because we usually stay with them and we are Priority Club members. The hotel location is great and the front desk staff was wonderful. The food at the restaurant was good as well. The rooms are not so bad except the fact that the building has a lot of humidity. It seems like they are making changes around the place. The place has potential because of its location but it seems like its not in the right hands to make those changes. We had the pleasure to meet their manager Abigail who was overly sweet but extremely unprofessional. She asked my husband if he was a drinker, she called all the men around her "sugar" and was walking around the property with a cigarette behind her ear. Overall the property and the staff are great. The rooms are decent too and like I said, the place has great potential if it was in the right hands. I will more than likely stay here again if I came to Charleston but only because of the hospitality of the restaurant staff and the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the 5th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Abigail L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Shirley M,

Thank you for your recent comments from your stay.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the restaurant and everything the Holiday Inn Charleston – Mt. Pleasant has to offer. I will share your comments with our staff and they will be excited to hear your feedback.

I do apologize for any unprofessionalism you may have encountered on my part. It was truly not my intent to offend you. We take great pride in our customer service and your feedback will be used as a learning tool for me and my staff.

Thanks again for your comments and your business. It is greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to call me if you are returning to the area. I will more than happy to make your reservation in one of our 5th floor rooms.

Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn and had a spacious room on the 5th floor. It was clean and the staff of the hotel was very friendly. Didn't have time to eat in the restaurant or visit the bar though would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear FNC058,

We appreciate your comments from your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our staff. They will be happy to know they were mentioned as do I.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Mt. Pleasant!

Abigail Leugers

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!