“After Christmas getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Walnut Cove, North Carolina
“After Christmas getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last minute decision to get away for a few days. No reservations. Picked this hotel for convenience and rates. Check-in staff very friendly and made decision to stay at hotel an easy one. Room clean and comfortable. Housekeeping staff efficient and friendly. Breakfast buffet very good with a variety of choices. Restaurant staff excellent when encountered with abundance of people due to multiple basketball teams staying at the hotel. Was unaware that hotel was pet friendly and somewhat disappointed in that. Also seemed that fifth floor must have been the "pet" floor because everybody but us had dogs. Would have liked to have known that. Otherwise, a good, clean place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while I looked for a furnished apartment in the area. My belongings were packed in my car and this hotel was in a safe an secure area. Although road construction made entering and exiting a little confusing the hotel is in a convenient location to downtown without the downtown prices. The room was clean and comfortable and the property allows dogs with a designated dog area outside. The hotel bar service was friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Booked my visit on Priceline.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Union, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I come to this several times a year for business and pleasure. I've never had a bad stay, the hotel staff from house keeping and the front desk to the restaurant, sales department, and hotel managment has always been very helpful and attentive to every guests need. I will continue to stay at this hotel and other Priority Club Properties.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room at this property. The even room numbers overlook the pool while the odd...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Abigail L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Mike S,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent stay.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. I will be sharing this with our entire staff and I am sure they will feel the same way.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family took a trip to Charleston a few weeks ago and we had a great time in the city. We were in Charleston looking at the college for my daughter. Coming from NYC Charleston was exactly what we needed for a little getaway. We decided to stay at Holiday Inn because we usually stay with them and we are Priority Club members. The hotel location is great and the front desk staff was wonderful. The food at the restaurant was good as well. The rooms are not so bad except the fact that the building has a lot of humidity. It seems like they are making changes around the place. The place has potential because of its location but it seems like its not in the right hands to make those changes. We had the pleasure to meet their manager Abigail who was overly sweet but extremely unprofessional. She asked my husband if he was a drinker, she called all the men around her "sugar" and was walking around the property with a cigarette behind her ear. Overall the property and the staff are great. The rooms are decent too and like I said, the place has great potential if it was in the right hands. I will more than likely stay here again if I came to Charleston but only because of the hospitality of the restaurant staff and the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the 5th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Abigail L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Shirley M,

Thank you for your recent comments from your stay.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the restaurant and everything the Holiday Inn Charleston – Mt. Pleasant has to offer. I will share your comments with our staff and they will be excited to hear your feedback.

I do apologize for any unprofessionalism you may have encountered on my part. It was truly not my intent to offend you. We take great pride in our customer service and your feedback will be used as a learning tool for me and my staff.

Thanks again for your comments and your business. It is greatly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to call me if you are returning to the area. I will more than happy to make your reservation in one of our 5th floor rooms.

Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn and had a spacious room on the 5th floor. It was clean and the staff of the hotel was very friendly. Didn't have time to eat in the restaurant or visit the bar though would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear FNC058,

We appreciate your comments from your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our staff. They will be happy to know they were mentioned as do I.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Mt. Pleasant!

Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hiliday Inn Mt. Pleasant for one night. We asked for, and got, a non-smoking room but the odor in the room, while not smoke, was really bad. There was cigarette smoke odor in the corridor. The room was OK (if you forget the odor), but unlike their competitors at similar prices there was no refrig and very little sitting room. Also, while not their fault, the road construction on Rt.17 makes it difficult to get to. You may want to research other accommodations. We would have moved but we had to get to a wedding and did noit have the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear PaulSuzanne Travel,

We appreciate your comments from your recent stay.

I offer my apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We are taking this feedback to heart and making changes so other guests will not be inconvenienced as you were in your guest room. As for the HWY 17 construction, the end is near! Within the next few months the construction will be finished in our area which will make it more convenient for guests to travel.

Thank you again for your comments and hopefully look forward to seeing you again,

Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for three nights (09/2012) and was very pleased. Hotel is well up to Holiday Inn standards. Very good staff - Front Desk made a point of addressing me by name. Very clean and well maintained rooms. Housekeeping staff quick and helpful. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear IOWTraveller7911,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

We truly pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and I am sure the Front Desk will be thrilled to hear them mentioned as do I.

We hope to see you again if you ever travel back to the area!

General Manager Holiday Inn Charleston - Mt. Pleasant

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!